Nugget Shooter Forums

Precious metals... Where are they?

The topic is where are the precious metals. 

Where have you found your finds and how did you go about it? 

I made my first precious metals discovery in Washington State. On one of its many peaks.  I'd tell the whole story some other time, but after some steadfast determination I was able to pull a large nugget  from the ground. 

Since I have made at least several other discoveries in states like Colorado. 

What about you, where was your first or favorite? 

Edited by Indigo Suelo

Many peaks, is referring to the mountainous terrain of the north western state of Washington.  In Washington State you will find not just the highest point of elevation in the lower 48 but also active volcanos and ancient tribal healing waters...  It's truly a beautiful state. 

I made my first  discovery of precious metals in that state.  And since, there have been more than 60 plus mines that opened in that location, extracting gold, platinum group, and even silver. 

Oh....  Are you inquiring to where exactly....  ?

Indigo,

Thank you for your contribution and as some clever person once said "Without pictures this is a worthless thread", or something similar.  Perhaps he said photos, I don't remember.

I found my first bit with a detector near the Rye Patch reservoir, not on a peak, or even a flank. Sadly, that find lead me to believe that this is an easy game since I found it ten minutes after leaving Gerry's great detecting class.  Not an easy game, but rewarding in so many ways since the beauty of the west is amazing and it lifts my spirits just to wander the hills.  I also count the folks I have met whilst prospecting to be golden.  Many great people with wisdom, grub and companionship willing to share.

Wishing you continued joy traipsing around the Washington state hills!   OOOPs..   

Jeff

Edited by pairadiceau
correction
  • Like 3
  • well done 1

17 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I found my initial discovery of precious metal in the mountainous terrain of the southwestern state of New Mexico. On the flanks of one of its many peaks.

:laught16:

Very cool,  have you gone out to find more?  I have it's a great adventure every time. 

2 hours ago, pairadiceau said:

Indigo,

Thank you for your contribution and as some clever person once said "Without pictures this is a worthless thread", or something similar.  Perhaps he said photos, I don't remember.

I found my first bit with a detector near the Rye Patch reservoir, not on a peak, or even a flank. Sadly, that find lead me to believe that this is an easy game since I found it ten minutes after leaving Gerry's great detecting class.  Not an easy game, but rewarding in so many ways since the beauty of the west is amazing and it lifts my spirits just to wander the hills.  I also count the folks I have met whilst prospecting to be golden.  Many great people with wisdom, grub and companionship willing to share.

Wishing you continued joy traipsing around the Oregon hills!

Jeff

Also very cool.  

I use my knowledge of the precious metals and how they present themselves in nature.  Most would look for something shiny,  me I look at the colors around and then with some magic (science)  I find some of the rarest and most valuable and beautiful metals ever to be found.  Prospecting...  The feel of real freedom. 

pictures...  the profile picture is of that find... Just a portion gone in the icp test for identification. 

Edited by Indigo Suelo

18 minutes ago, Indigo Suelo said:

Also very cool.  

I use my knowledge of the precious metals and how they present themselves in nature.  Most would look for something shiny,  me I look at the colors around and then with some magic (mushroom)  I find some of the rarest and most valuable and beautiful metals ever to be found.  

Ahaha.....:sickbyc:

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2021 at 5:07 PM, Indigo Suelo said:

.  In Washington State you will (not)find the highest point of elevation in the lower 48 .That record belongs to Mt . Whitney , in the Sierra Nevada of Calizuelia.

Fixed it:)

23 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I found my initial discovery of precious metal in the mountainous terrain of the southwestern state of New Mexico. On the flanks of one of its many peaks.

:laught16:

What is wrong with me? All I can think of is a gold chain draped over some decolletage flanks:useless:

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

What is wrong with me? All I can think of is a gold chain draped over some decollatage flanks:useless:

Well aren't you rude.  

If you want to see home movies check your own.  

If you'd like to paint a literary painting, then paint on. 

But drop the negativity and grow up.  Thanks. 

19 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Fixed it:)

Is that in the lower 48 states of the USA?  No.  But there you go paying attention so welll. Maybe try some comprehension....  OK thanks for your response it was not correct ..  That's right you are wrong...  MT.  Rainer is the highest peak in the lower 48 states...  Look it up. And also a active volcano. 

Mount Whitney is the highest peak in the lower 48 states! Been on it, hunted on it and my grandpa lived at the base of it for years.

20210702_200102.jpg

• Like 1
  • well done 1

It's amazing how many of these statements are not factual. 

It seems the OP is trying to create an illusion of sorts. 

I have 36 tons of ore containing $560,000 in gold and silver. Another several thousand in copper and lead. I wish he would get his Coinstar machine working where I can haul that ore to Wal Mart and turn it into groceries.

:nutty:

I dont think this guy realizes that the people he is talking with have actually worked at Coinstar machines where "precious metals" are turned into money 

You know, those Coinstar machines in the mountainous regions of the western United States. On the mountainous peaks. Specifically the peaks with the precious metal deposits within.

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

1 hour ago, Indigo Suelo said:

Well aren't you rude.  

If you want to see home movies check your own.  

If you'd like to paint a literary painting, then paint on. 

But drop the negativity and grow up.  Thanks. 

Thats funny! What could be rude about a golden decolletage?

1 hour ago, Indigo Suelo said:

Is that in the lower 48 states of the USA?  No.  But there you go paying attention so welll. Maybe try some comprehension....  OK thanks for your response it was not correct ..  That's right you are wrong...  MT.  Rainer is the highest peak in the lower 48 states...  Look it up. And also a active volcano. 

You flunked Geography,huh? Mt.Whitney is in California(with the other 47 states on the continent.)

19 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

You flunked Geography,huh? Mt.Whitney is in California(with the other 47 states on the continent.)

He's way too tender to be a miner. And he knows very little about the mountainous regions of the western United states. Especially the peaks therein.

He talks funny too.

I think our new friend is not what he presents himself to be. 

Just a hunch. I have spent too long in the mountainous regions of the western United States to not recognize a tenderfoot talking out of his backside.

• Like 1
  • wow 1

22 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

tenderfoot talking out of his backside.

Maybe that's where Indigo got his platinum group  magic mushrooms.

I didn't think the Calizuelia crack would throw him. Should I have called it Commiefornia? And I did identify the mountain range and peak for him,,,should have been clues enough. 

You would think a professional  platinum group prospector  smelter  technologist would have a little grasp of geography.

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I have 36 tons of ore containing $560,000 in gold and silver. Another several thousand in copper and lead. 

$7.80/#ore. That's  about the same /pound for a  Cherimoya fruit. And, you can plant that "ore" to make more ore:Diggin_a_hole:

I wonder what just the mechanical costs(crushing the ore to, say, 100mesh) would be. Of course, that's  the easy part, compared to the separation processes involved in  isolating the different metals(I imagine).

11 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

You know, those Coinstar machines in the mountainous regions of the western United States. On the mountainous peaks. Specifically the peaks with the precious metal deposits within.

Locate MR SMELTER at every  truckstop ,and  more near those highway tunnels crossing the Rockies for better access to those high golden peaks.

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Mount Whitney is the highest peak in the lower 48 states! Been on it, hunted on it and my grandpa lived at the base of it for years.

20210702_200102.jpg

that's news to me...  A hundred feet cool.  Still the highest and largest above ground volcano in the lower 48.and being this wasn't a competition to state a dam thing...  It was a nice post to encourage people to get out and live their lives. 

• Hmmmmmm 1

14 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

MT Whitney...  By 100 feet and Rainer is still largest above ground volcano in lower 48... Whoopie... Now go check them out and live your lives.  

2 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Locate MR SMELTER at every  truckstop ,and  more near those highway tunnels crossing the Rockies for better access to those high golden peaks.

Mr. Smelter??  Haven't heard of that. 

Now since it seems that getting  an adult to respond like an adult is dam near impossible...  Is this a real thing (Mr. Smelter) or just some more foolasery? 

2 hours ago, Indigo Suelo said:

that's news to me...  A hundred feet cool.  Still the highest and largest above ground volcano in the lower 48.and being this wasn't a competition to state a dam thing...  It was a nice post to encourage people to get out and live their lives. 

Hey Indigo, don’t let the ol’ prospectors here bug you, it’s their lot that like to joke with the newcomers.  One of my first posts here had mentioned alluvial deposits, and a well known wise cracker here asked what alluvial deposits were and I explained it all only to realize later that he was a pro about this… yea, I’m talking about you, Regolith Ralph! :rasberry:

I really haven’t made my own first discovery yet because the locations for the gold that I did find were on the flanks of small hills in the Mojave desert pointed out to me by friends on their claim.  One day maybe, only into my 1st year doing this as a hobby.

As for volcano heights in North America, Alaska’s Mt. Blackburn at 16,391 feet takes the record for the tallest volcano in the continental US, but Mauna Loa at 30,077 feet from base to top, is the largest and tallest active volcano on the planet. It’s even over 1000 ft taller than Mt. Everest if you compare heights from base to peak. Sorry to have rambled on about geography of volcanoes, it was my major.

Edited by GotAU?
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1