Nugget Shooter Forums

New Mexico's booming oil production!

Bedrock Bob

Last year was the best year ever for New Mexico petroleum. Even with the pandemic and the drop in oil prices our oil industry was off the charts. We still managed to produce more oil and reap more oil royalties than any other year on record.

We surpassed North Dakota's production by a slim margin last year. We are on track to increase production even more this year! It look a like we will be the number 2 oil producing state rivaled only by Texas!

Everyone is moving back to the oilfield and things are looking like they did back in 2012. You can't get a motel room or a lot to park a camper on. Houses are impossible to rent. People are sleeping in their cars and making $35 per hour with no experience.

We are in a boom that could be the biggest yet!

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/report-new-mexico-threatens-north-dakotas-no2-oil-ranking/6142196/?cat=500

We also invested heavily in wind power. There are six huge wind farms that are producing lots of electricity and thousands of jobs. 

Crews are going 24 hours a day building and maintaining wind generation equipment. The little towns on the central plains are buzzing with working men. Every motel is permanently leased and RV parks are springing up all over the place. 

Truck drivers, carpenters, electricians and heavy equipment operators are in high demand. They are paying top wages and per diem for positions that are expected to last for another five years.

Engineers on the plains are bringing in $150K a year to start. The construction crews are working unlimited hours at $30 per hour and double time over 45 hours. It is a madhouse!

These little towns often have no stores or services. Hundreds of entrepreneurs are moving in to supply food and entertainment. Several big outfits are taking trucks with work wear, boots, sporting goods, etc. What were once little whistle stops on the side of the railroad tracks look like county fairs. Everything is being sold out of vending trailers and moving vans.

It is a boom like you have never seen. There is opportunity for anyone with basic technical skills and engineering skills. As well as a gold mine for anyone willing to take in supplies and sell them in a mobile unit.

I have never seen so much work out in the middle of nowhere. What was complete poverty and desperation for the past four or six years has turned into an economic boom.

• Like 5
  • wow 1

2 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Those who lost their jobs when Keystone got shut down must be flocking to NM. 

It is certainly a destination for guys with technical and engineering skills.

But then oil is booming again everywhere. I'm sure there are plenty of jobs in North Dakota, Texas and Louisiana too.

Most tradesmen realize that construction, oilfield and mining is a boom and bust cycle. When one job is finished or gets cancelled the world doesn't stop spinning. They just go to the next job.

Pipeline work is always temporary and always moving. You never are located in the same spot for very long nor do you work for one company for long. And there are always other pipelines under construction.

No one that works in these fields expects it to be permanent. That is just the nature of the business. That is why the wages on these jobs are so much higher than you would earn at a permanent location.

8 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

10 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It is certainly a destination for guys with technical and engineering skills.

But then oil is booming again everywhere. I'm sure there are plenty of jobs in North Dakota, Texas and Louisiana too.

Most tradesmen realize that construction, oilfield and mining is a boom and bust cycle. When one job is finished or gets cancelled the world doesn't stop spinning. They just go to the next job.

Pipeline work is always temporary and always moving. You never are located in the same spot for very long nor do you work for one company for long. And there are always other pipelines under construction.

No one that works in these fields expects it to be permanent. That is just the nature of the business. That is why the wages on these jobs are so much higher than you would earn at a permanent location.

I hear there are lots of open pipeline jobs in Russia and the US can't find enough truck drivers. 

Why so salty guys? Oil jobs are booming. So are jobs in wind generation.

Aren't you happy about the boom? Just a couple months ago you claimed that the new administration had killed the petroleum industry.

That is obviously not the case. The industry is booming. Demand is high. Gas prices are rising. Wells are pumping. Royalties are pouring in to oil rich States. Jobs are everywhere.

So rejoice! Times are good!

Why don't you guys go to work in industry? It seems a lot better than griping about a situation that does not exist while ignoring the fact there are thousands of high paying jobs to be had.

I know your hands are too soft to do a man's job. But the least you can do is keep those soft hands out of the way while others make a good living and fuel a rapidly growing economy.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Why so salty guys? Oil jobs are booming. So are jobs in wind generation.

You are obviously  have your own opinions:thumbsupanim

32 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

You are obviously  have your own opinions:thumbsupanim

Exactly. And my opinion is to lead, follow or get out of the way.

You seem to be stuck on politics. This isn't about politics. This is about PROSPECTING. It's about opportunities in industry. It is about making money.

Not your constant political whine. 

Nor is it about Slims burning need to act like a child who needs a nap.

We can't talk about anything without you two getting triggered and starting your political posturing. 

Now we are finally digging ourselves out of this economic hole and things are looking better you guys are still stuck on second base bitching about politics like a couple old hens.

Get a life man.

• well done 2

I agree Bob, mining, oil fields and pipeline jobs are some of the best industries to be in. Even when there isnt a BOOM going on, the pay is top notch. All of that is needed in everyday life so they should all be around for a long time. 

I am pretty sure we all know everyone's political stance on stuff here. Bob knows mine as well, but his first post to start this thread had nothing to do with politics or anything, so why trash on his post?? Hell as long as im mining, and there is gas and diesel to keep us up and going, im happy!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Those who lost their jobs when Keystone got shut down must be flocking to NM. 

This is childish and political posturing?
Not guilty your honor.
On the contrary, and I'll go further to say that it's great that the people in NM have risen above their "complete poverty and desperation".

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Exactly. And my opinion is to lead, follow or get out of the way.

You seem to be stuck on politics. This isn't about politics. This is about PROSPECTING. It's about opportunities in industry. It is about making money.

Not your constant political whine. 

Nor is it about Slims burning need to act like a child who needs a nap.

We can't talk about anything without you two getting triggered and starting your political posturing. 

Now we are finally digging ourselves out of this economic hole and things are looking better you guys are still stuck on second base bitching about politics like a couple old hens.

Get a life man.

If whining was measured by word content,  context and meaning you would take the cake ,Bob.

You posted an article about wealth generation in the  New Mexican oil fields. 

I posted  same about the success of getting future  production( oil leases).

Whine some more about how that is whining.

8 hours ago, nugget108 said:

, so why trash on his post?? 

You assume that to be a foregone conclusion?

Can you quote anything specifically in the thread that  would arise to  a "trashing" level?