Nugget Shooter Forums

Nugget Finder Coils

My setup is a Woody modded 4500 w/ a 12" round EVO coil and has been since 3-3-16 when I bought the coil. Love this coil!  Something I noticed since day 1 with it tho, the top kind of had a tin can effect. Felt secure enough. Yesterday partner watching coil said coil is flopping around. Wasn't real bad yet but top had broken with the shaft mount. I've hot glued it back together and hope it holds; if it doesn't, well I'll bite the dust and buy another EVO, but won't accept one that flexes too much where it did. This isn't a bit-h post just a warning. If you have an EVO and the top is 'tin canny', you might shoot a hot glue bead around to help secure it. Just say'n

• Like 7

13 hours ago, adam said:

Shoe Goo for boots works very , very well for coil repairs.   Otherwise, I`d say you got your moneys worth out of it.

My go-to epoxy paste for most repairs is PC-7.... rubbing alcohol is used for thinning, smoothing and cleanup.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

darn, Shep.  I thought you found all your gold with dowsing rods.  doh!!  Sorry I gave away your secret.

• Like 1

Shep, you been bumping it into to many big nuggets that’ll do it every time…

Ace hardware sells a UV activated polymer glue, it looks like a regular super glue but is packaged with a little activator lite that looks like a little flash lite you’d hang on your key chain. Depending on what the repair is this stuff is pretty strong and instant. So far for me it’s worked good on everything I’ve needed to glue, you dab it on just like super glue and then shine the little lite on it and it instantly cures. It’s not what I’d use to patch a hole in a skid plate, but attaching stuff it’s great.

Edited by 1515Art

Shep,

Can you laminate another piece of plastic to it using one of the glues mentioned?  Yur pretty strong so I am not worried about the weight.  And quit banging it against big nuggets!

Jeff

All  

the edge of the nugget finder coil is what makes it desirable. When you can bump a clump and get the signal, well that beats all other coils...

They have discontinued the Nugget finder coils for the EVO that is just not the same.