Nugget Shooter Forums

Prescott area hotel price gouging

Electrician

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is hyperinflation creeping in.  

Nothing I buy has gotten much more expensive, but many Facebook memes are talking of many goods like lumber  prices doubling or tripling. Same thing with housing prices, those have went up significantly.

If these are true (so many of these memes are cherry picked at best and lies at worst), than this will creep into our lives also

• Like 1

I think the prices reflect a pent up demand of hotel-motel rooms for people wanting to get away after being cooped up for a year or so.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 8:18 AM, Morlock said:

I think the prices reflect a pent up demand of hotel-motel rooms for people wanting to get away after being cooped up for a year or so.

or "pent up" rich folks wanting to recoup their losses from 2020 ...

2 hours ago, Electrician said:

wanting to recoup their losses from 2020 ...

As well they should try.

Tried Yarnell,?. Or is that too far away? There's the Oak Park motor lodge or the Emporium across the way with the  Fe horses out front.

The Emporium is the  schizznit:thumbsupanim

I had an art show at the Four Seasons Scottsdale a few years back. Got eaten alive by bedbugs. The seams of the mattress was full of them. The room was $350 per night.

I take my tent and a sleeping bag these days. The Ripstop Ramada never has bugs and is always clean and comfortable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morlock said:

Congress has a five star motel. Even the rats eat in style.

They prefer the fare behind Nichols West restaurant.  Never ate there, but hear it's :thumbsupanimworld class.

On 4/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, Electrician said:

Is it the plague? Spring/summer visitors?

Prime tourist season.You ever see Courthouse  Square full of arts and crafts? Or Gurley St in full swing?

It's the inflation that tourism brings that prompts your complaint.  It is a long-term  trend. Tried Hassayampa Inn?  $76 a  nightTravel