Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello
I am new to this forum and would love to participate in it, but before I start with my topic, I would like to make sure that there are people in this forum with a high level of experience, because the topic that I intend to raise here is difficult to believe.
Please your patience and thank you.

Edited by Anyone
  • Anyone changed the title to unbelievable fossil

I don't think it's a fossil. It looks more like part of an old statue that was buried, covered and over time and some type of mineralization growth occured on the tips.

There's another possiblity but depends on where it was found. If that's where it came from, the correct term to use would be petrification, not fossilization.

Where did it come from?

Edited by Morlock
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Anyone said:

The topic that I intend to raise here is difficult to believe.

I think it is difficult to believe.  I believe we are being trolled.

• Thanks 1
  • well done 1
4 hours ago, Morlock said:

I don't think it's a fossil. It looks more like part of an old statue that was buried, covered and over time and some type of mineralization growth occured on the tips.

There's another possiblity but depends on where it was found. If that's where it came from, the correct term to use would be petrification, not fossilization.

Where did it come from?

Hello @ Morlock 

This is why I said this topic is incredible, what examination methods can I provide? X-rays ?or is it possible to have a DNA test?

this piece was found in the Levant region, and there is another piece that I do not possess, and I can show you its pictures if you like.

Most likely it's part of a statue so a DNA test is not going to be helpful.

I suggest you contact an archeology dept at a local university near where you live. But be careful... if they know who you are and where you live..it could be confiscated.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Most likely it's part of a statue so a DNA test is not going to be helpful.

I suggest you contact an archeology dept at a local university near where you live. But be careful... if they know who you are and where you live..it could be confiscated.

Thank you so much
I would like to assure you that this hand is fossilized and it is not part of a statue, would an x-ray help?

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Thank you so much
I would like to assure you that this hand is fossilized and it is not part of a statue, would an x-ray help?

I would imagine an x-ray might help but I just don't think it's a fossil. That area is littered with ruins from the ages and it's part of a statue. You'd have to really convince me otherwise.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, hardtimehermit said:

I don't think x-ray would help, but maybe a manicure? just kidding, how much does it weigh? 

Hi,  I haven't weighed it yet

14 minutes ago, Morlock said:

would imagine an x-ray might help but I just don't think it's a fossil. That area is littered with ruins from the ages and it's part of a statue. You'd have to really convince me otherwise.

Thank you again,

I will do my best to provide scientific evidence as soon as possible.

EBF883B8-5D9C-482E-9AB2-11B251CC5F92.png

A7D71B8A-6803-4AA8-9CF9-7D8259DF477D.png

B874CA38-5438-4B07-BCC1-C7938C9FADEA.png

2 hours ago, Electrician said:

Now put that definition in context of his answer to the question and let me know what you think.

I wouldn't waste my time defending him. Anyone that would phrase an answer like that deserves to be called out. 

Just my opinion Electrician. It's not a poke at you at all.

---------

This is obviously not a fossilized hand. It is an artifact. It is an artistic rendition of a hand. It is even decorated.

It isn't a fossil. It is an artifact.

And the guy that is trying to tell us it is a fossil is posting creepy schist in his third post.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is probably a duck. Even if it is a goose it is fowl.

• Like 2