Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello everyone, i hope you're all doing well. The boys and i headed out again Saturday to go chase some gold and relics with my friend Larry. He didn't make it out last year with us at all due to his age and the Covid stuff so this was his first time out in over a year. He ended up getting a new Equinox 600 so we wanted to train him on it. Well Cameron my oldest son was running his GP Extreme chasing gold and his first target of the day was this pistol. Cant get any manufacturer info or any other markings off of it yet, but i think it is a Hopkins and Allen 32 caliber. Still looking into it. Pretty darn cool find!! We didn't really find much else other than a few odd and end things. Who knows what else we're leaving behind that is a cool iron relic that we discriminate out. Take care everyone!

IMG_1774.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like a 32 rimfire. H&A Dictator.

:old:

There were a bunch of different names on very similar pistols. It would be almost impossible to tell exactly what name it was marketed under. H&A was the progenitor of all of them though.

At least that is what my gun expert buddy says. He is sitting here looking at the pictures. That's his opinion on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sweet!! Thanks Bob!

• Like 1

Can you tell if the firing pin is flat or round? That may indicate whether or not it is rimfire. 

He says some were .32 and some were .36 or .38. The .32 rimfire were probably the oldest. Mid to late 1800's. 

I have a spot that turns up lots of .32 rim cases. Old rascals. No head stamp of any kind. Smooth as a baby's butt on the heads except for a rectangular strike on the rim. 

I guess that was a pretty popular round back when. I have seen several old rifles and pistols chambered for it.

• Like 1
On 4/13/2021 at 1:09 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

Can you tell if the firing pin is flat or round? That may indicate whether or not it is rimfire. 

He says some were .32 and some were .36 or .38. The .32 rimfire were probably the oldest. Mid to late 1800's. 

I have a spot that turns up lots of .32 rim cases. Old rascals. No head stamp of any kind. Smooth as a baby's butt on the heads except for a rectangular strike on the rim. 

I guess that was a pretty popular round back when. I have seen several old rifles and pistols chambered for it.

Yep its a flat firing pin for a rimfire cartridge. Pretty neat peice of history.

• Like 1