Nugget Shooter Forums

Good evening everyone, i hope your all doing good and staying safe. The boys and i made it out today for the first time this year and it was a fabulous finds day for sure!! We decided to hit a few spots that we have always drove past but never stopped. Sure glad we did today. Cameron found a huge silver spoon, a really cool lock, a Chinese coin, a gold plated shirt pin with a heart on it and a few other cool finds. My little guy found a sweet silver horse bridal concho, a few axe heads, a pick head, some sweet buttons and a complete late 1800s whiskey bottle. I ended up with some cool buttons, one of them being an Eagle Infantry button and some pretty cool odds and ends along with a 1867 S Seated liberty half dollar. It was down about 6 inches and just hammered on the 600. Ill attach a few pics and then tomorrow ill take a pic of everything together. Stay safe everyone and have a Happy Easter weekend!!

Dan

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

20210402_211556.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

• Like 5
  • well done 4

What a day !  Congrats. Reminds me of some of my hunts a few years back around the Pioche area.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Not a ton of finds like our other previous spots but definitely quality over quantity for sure.

Wow Dan. Those are some great finds.This will be a big year for you and the kids. Mark my words.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Wow Dan. Those are some great finds.This will be a big year for you and the kids. Mark my words.

Hey bud how ya been? I hope your right, we have some big plans for up at OUR SPOT!! Hopefully be pulling out some nice speci nuggets this year! 

Congrats! That will be a day to remember. Nice finds.
Tom H.

• Thanks 1
On 4/3/2021 at 10:34 AM, nugget108 said:

Hey bud how ya been? I hope your right, we have some big plans for up at OUR SPOT!! Hopefully be pulling out some nice speci nuggets this year! 

Dan, May I ask what you and the kids are using? Are you hunting in all metal mode or using discrimination?

Lots of things to be found even after all these years. I'm sure there's plenty of nugget specimens to be found as well. 

Did you ever go back to hunt for more turquoise?

1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Dan, May I ask what you and the kids are using? Are you hunting in all metal mode or using discrimination?

Lots of things to be found even after all these years. I'm sure there's plenty of nugget specimens to be found as well. 

Did you ever go back to hunt for more turquoise?

We run the Equinox in Park 2 with a little bit of iron bias. We run them in multi mode which works great out there, and they handle the mineralized ground really well. On my 5000 i run no discrimination at all and usually dig everything. 

There is probably 3 feet of snow up in the turquoise spot but we plan on going back as soon as it melts. Been researching the area pretty heavy this winter. 

Great finds and photos Dan! 

• Thanks 1

That be the GOOD stuff.  Thanks for the pics.

I've got a couple of boys I hope to get out detecting in a few years.  I hope they enjoy it.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That be the GOOD stuff.  Thanks for the pics.

I've got a couple of boys I hope to get out detecting in a few years.  I hope they enjoy it.

Mitchel

I found that if you are in a spot with lots of targets, even just iron trash when they are starting out, they love it. They dont get bored!! Then throw a few good targets in the mix, and my boys were hooked. My oldest son is 19 and my youngest is 12. My oldest got hooked when he was 9 and my youngest when he was 6. They love it!!

Thanks Mitchel!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1