Nugget Shooter Forums

Old Member returning with a new username.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:02 AM, Gilaoro2 said:

Thanks for the welcome back . I have been looking for the missing but the oldtimers like you who have wore out more than a few coil covers seem to be around.  If you need anything from around Wickenburg let me know, that goes for all you guys that have to import the sun up north. I have fond memories of getting caught in a snowstorm one winter in Jackpot, I won $300 on keno , nothing moved N or S for a while. Take care,Max 

20 hours ago, Morlock said:

When I visited a few years ago the store was located along side the road right before you get to  Stanton. I still have the card from the store.

Ahh!  That group of buildings was for sale with the store shut down when I was there in November/December.  It’s got some out buildings and a green house.

I’m trying to convince my wife we need to live in a place like that, about a 30 minute drive from the nearest town and an hour or hour and a half to the next nearest shopping, but she’s not convinced we “Need to.”

3 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Ahh!  That group of buildings was for sale with the store shut down when I was there in November/December.  It’s got some out buildings and a green house.

I’m trying to convince my wife we need to live in a place like that, about a 30 minute drive from the nearest town and an hour or hour and a half to the next nearest shopping, but she’s not convinced we “Need to.”

I don't remember the color of the buildings but they were on the right hand side of the road before you cross the creek.

That's the one.  There were a couple properties for sale.

This is not the detector shop, but the building directly across the street from the Stanton Camp entrance.  It had what I call an Igloo shelter garage with 5 RV spots.

0B7C7FFD-CD7F-4AD3-8B2E-96F4E7DA40B0.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome back to the forum Max. Been awhile! Glad to here you and Polly are doing better. Been doing a little prospecting here and there and an occasional detector lesson for Bill Southern especially since the Gold Monster has come on the scene. Lately since the first of the year I banged up my left knee ... walk with a pretty good limp right now and haven't been far from the house other than for work. Even tried to catch up to some of the other fellows by developing a melanoma behind my right ear and a squama cell growth on my left ear. Both have been successfully removed as of late. That melanoma would not have been seen early if I hadn't gone in for the squama cell  growth. Hope to soon be able to get back out and prospect a bit and continue with my bass fishing tournaments out of my kayak. That kayak has forced me to enter kayak bass fishing tournaments all over the country in the past few years. LOL! Forced me I say! :inocent: Any way glad you are back here ... you have a wealth of knowledge that some of these newbees and some of us old farts could learn from. 

Hey Mike thanks for the welcome back.  Say I don't have a 4X4 any more nor a detector ( Congrats on the Gold Monster) , and don't get around too good but I will call you soon and discuss a spot I will guide  you and you can try it out. It's not easy to get too and not under claim and I can tell you where you can see some of the gold from the area  before we go. I am kind of spoke for for by family matters until about the middle of next month but we can talk for free! I have verizon unlimited, 928-232-0497 happy to talk gold and remote areas any time. I spent 15 years trying to find a spot that I couldn't get my combo rigs too and only found one! My main rig was a MH towing  a Toyota 4x4 towing  at various times a Samurai or a Geo, my method " Drive the MH as far as it would go , drive the Toyota towing the Sammy as far as it would go , drive the Sammy as far as it would go , dig out the Sammy, drive back to the Toyota dig and tow it out , go back to the MH pull it out and plan the next trip. People are surprised at what a Samurai will pull out if you have a long tough length of double braided nylon.  Took the Toyota back to the dealer for its first checkup and service and the dealer asked how I pulled both the front and back bumpers off ! I told him it was poorly constructed and was no match for my Sammy!  He didn't believe me but replaced the bumpers and used grade 8 bolts this time!

Good luck with the Gold Monster , I hear they are awesome and those who have them don't talk about them too much , don't want the competition.

Later Max

• Like 2
On 3/31/2021 at 4:03 PM, grubstake said:

Now the Va wants me to have a byopsy on my prostate...

:WOW:Pain level ranks up there with childbirth,  in my estimation.   Risks outweigh  the rewards. 

Hey Mike C, Thanks for the welcome back and I have some stories, some of them are still under the Statute of Limitations if you know what I mean !

Highway Departments and HighWay Patrols just don't have a sense of humor, even in the dark of night. Especially in Washington and Oregon!

I'll be back there someday when the locals have retired and forgotten me, after all I am only 86! My best advice " Keep your loop low and slow" and oh yes don't park close to the highway right of way and keep your snake bite kit handy on warm nights!

Max

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just talked to Pondmn, He just had one, I'm not going to put myself through that, I'll prob. die of a heart attack before the prostate. Grubstake

State of Jefferson—Welcome!!

Start your own thread and tell us about Oregon.  There’s supposed to be gold and water out that way.