Nugget Shooter Forums

Old Member returning with a new username.

Long story.  Due to wife's long illness and hospitalization I have been unable to keep up with  anything having to do with a computer I lost my total history and all the stuff associated  with my former gmail account and phone number too and its unrecoverable. My wife is now improved and now has a full time family member caretaker.  I am looking forward to catching up with what everybody has been doing since I went missing on about October 19 2020.

We have survived the Covid-19 mess but I fear too hear that many of you have not ( Got the shots anyway). I will still share my former locations with anyone interested. I am pretty well wheelchair bound and no longer have a 4x4 but remember many trips old prospecting and rock hounding.

You new Guys and Gals don't give up it's out there, my best haul was in the fall of 2015 was over 21 ounces and would have been double that if my promise of a member with a backhoe had of showed up.

• Like 6

Thanks , I am still trying to catch up and see who is missing. This thing has been a mess from the get/go. I first heard of it while I was sleeping on the floor in a hospital waiting room in october 2019 very late at night when some Drs came in to get coffee and where discussing a meeting they had just  attended warning them to be alert for it. I didn't of course know at the time the name COVID 19 had a meaning.

Thanks Steve. Hey I took her and my daughter out to Stanton to see it one sunday.Polly and I  I haven't been out there for years. You would not recognize it ! It is a bald huge dusty RV park, The flash flood gage that got filled with water the day they installed it is at about the center. It has a fancy wall around most of it . All of the old fire pit, the mine shaft area is filled in ,fenced and apparently off limits to visitors, the Admin group all have RVs around the opera house and all that is fenced off. Our horseshoe pit is gone of course, there are propane vending machines , MD dealers all set up inside the fenced area the basement has a large apparently locked  hatch covering the old entrance. The back  40 behind it all has been dozed and leveled from the creek to the road , I could not even get close enough to see if Sam's house was still there or any of the old house,s or the old blacksmith site where I found the 1 LB. silver bar.  Couldn't see Boo Coo's old house or the windmill either. The Buzzard must be laughing to see what his little fireside talks brought to be the Outdoor Channel. All the gold ever found on Rich Hill or around Stanton could equal the take of that!

Any chance of you making it back to Wickenburg ? You would not recognize it either, all Roping arenas and horse trailers , dude ranches with country music , still no Walmart though. Take careI Max

5 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Hey Max! 

Good to hear you made it through. Hoping things get a bit easier.

Welcome back!

Thanks Bedrock , You don't know what you have till you miss it!  How do you like Telemedicine ? If anyone had of told us 4 or 5 years ago that Dr,s would be seeing twice the number and charging half again as much as an office visit and they don't even have to wash their hands. You doing anything new?

Max 

The last time I was in that area was when I made the trip out there 6 or 7 years ago to see you.  Tom and I visited Stanton but didn't notice most of  the changes you just mentioned. So they must have been done within that 6 or 7 year timeframe.

Wickenburg couldn't have changed much as their wasn't much to change. Just another small typical boring Arizona city.😉

Edited by Morlock

The past year has been different for sure. 2 hernia operations, some skin cancer removed and bad arthritis in my back and shoulders. But so far no problem getting in to see a doctor.

We have it pretty good here. The virus has been kept fairly isolated to certain spots and vaccines are available to just about everyone. So it seems like things are headed in the right direction at least. 

I don't go into town or socialize much anyway so my life hasn't changed too much. There have been some hard times but everyone in my circle seems to be taking things in stride.

I have been working steady in my shop but have not been to any events to sell my crafts. So I have a huge inventory that will last a couple years. I got my second vaccination a couple days ago and I'm ready to get back into the crowd and sell a bunch of stuff.

Hunting and fishing have been great this year and my son and I have had lots of free time. So despite the pressure of the world around us our little bubble has been good. Lots of good food and time with the elders. We Wear our masks and stay apart but have figured out how to make up for it with lots of time and focus on the really important stuff.

I hope you and Polly are managing and things get better soon. Maybe this thing will not surge again and summer time will give you a chance to get back on a more normal track.

Good luck and good health Max!

• Like 1

Max:
  Glad to have you back! Really good to hear your wife is doing better. 

Thank you for taking me out when I was a nooby :) 

I still remember the day...you sitting on a little chair and classifying material to bring home for Polly to pan out.

Im still detecting and finding gold every now and then:yesss:
Tom H. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TomH said:

Max:
  Glad to have you back! Really good to hear your wife is doing better. 

Thank you for taking me out when I was a nooby :) 

I still remember the day...you sitting on a little chair and classifying material to bring home for Polly to pan out.

Im still detecting and finding gold every now and then:yesss:
Tom H. 

H., Glad you are still at it. Its still out there but I haven't been out in a long time when I do I find me a spot on  side  of the road and sweep up a bucket to pan at home, you would be surprised  at what and how much you can find. The AZHWP frowns on it but *******. There are some good spots on 60.

• Like 3

Welcome back Max!!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Gilaoro2 said:

H., Glad you are still at it. Its still out there but I haven't been out in a long time when I do I find me a spot on  side  of the road and sweep up a bucket to pan at home, you would be surprised  at what and how much you can find. The AZHWP frowns on it but *******. There are some good spots on 60.

Just about all the old-timers who have been in this for years have secret spots where they can find good gold. In my case it's a matter of getting permission and bad health that prevent me from doing so.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Just about all the old-timers who have been in this for years have secret spots where they can find good gold. In my case it's a matter of getting permission and bad health that prevent me from doing so.

Steve, Do you remember when we were drywashing on Charlie Salwassers claims off of the Salt Dale Rd.  The place were someone stole your brand new 151 blower and the old man who rode his bike down the road after every rain? Well he was getting  plenty fine gold sweeping the edge of the road down the hill where it was coming out out the small washes. No  claims involved and no cops out there in those days. So I remembered that one day when I was on an old road in AZ where the old road builders had set planks on edge in the road at an angle to carry water away and they didn't have to build a rock couvert in solid rock. The planks would stand up to the traffic of the day , wagons and stages. They still will today where they exist , most of them have been destroyed by modern road graders then the road erodes and soon needs modern culverts. Anyway on this day  I had stopped to check a formation on the road side and saw black sand caught in the planks , a moment with the gas vac got a good sample. That night in camp it panned out a goodly amount. I have worked road sides in most of the states I  travelled in those days , not only for gold but fossils and crystals. I was having great luck on fossil crabs in mud balls until the Cops gave final warnings out. Same thing on 60 in Az, big tickets. O:well I don't have a Jeep or a Sanauri anymore but I still have buckets and screens , and its still illegal the stop on the road side but maybe the cops don't want to tote a repeat offender to jail if he's in wheelchair and taking lots of meds ?? Hang in there Steve , the alternative sucks!

Max

I just got out of the hospital Monday, Sunday I sneezed and had a real bad nose bleed, I'm on blood thinners, I lost over a pint of blood, they kept me in the hospital over night, . Grubstake

• wow 1

Dang ! grubstake !  You need some Jack Daniels infused with cinnamon for cough and sneeze purposes!

Glad to hear you are among the surviving of  this mess!  I am also on blood thinners , back in the fall I had terrible cramps in my right foot ,ended up in the hospital overnight , now on blood thinners for life and shaving with an electric razor ( some times). I have not been out prospecting for quite some time but ran a bunch of odd bunches of concentrates form outings in the past that survived our house fire by being stowed in tin cans with metal lids. Everything in glass or plastic was lost . Household insurance don't cover gold with out a rider.

Hang on!

Max

Yes, gilaro, I'm on the blood thinners for life also, count has gone up, 14 heart attacks now, 11 stents, and a 5 X's bypas. no more gold hunting for me either, Now the Va wants me to have a byopsy on my prostate, because my PSA went from 7.0 to 15.9 in a years time, not going to happen I think, I'm 72 and don't see a need for it.  Grubstake

Welcome back Max.  You have some stories to finish.

I made it out to the Stanton Camp and overnighted a few nights in November.  Just went metal detecting, no gold though.  Had a fun time.  I did not see the Metal Detector shop, that may be a more recent edition.

Hey chrisski , Thanks, how's the gardening ,bet that helped with the situation.

Hey I got 2 hot spots that we could do on the highway , one's really close to  the  gendarmes but proper dress and a white pickup would work once. Heck I dug bottles in New orleans cess pools at night on Canal Street for 4 years wearing white coveralls and a hard hat with a sign saying PRIVATE UTILITY keep out!

Max

14 hours ago, chrisski said:

I did not see the Metal Detector shop, that may be a more recent edition.

When I visited a few years ago the store was located along side the road right before you get to  Stanton. I still have the card from the store.

1617292342394612235344220724452.jpg