Nugget Shooter Forums

Looking for a nice GPX 5000 with nice cords ,and maybe some extras. I coin hunt everyday.  At 67 I only use smaller DD coils. Have a harness already. 

Have $2,500 f.cavanaugh@comcast.net is best Call blocker lets some calls thru. 1-508 432-7592 

On 3/19/2021 at 6:00 AM, cavanaugh said:

Looking for a nice GPX 5000 with nice cords ,and maybe some extras. I coin hunt everyday.  At 67 I only use smaller DD coils. Have a harness already. 

Have $2,500 f.cavanaugh@comcast.net is best Call blocker lets some calls thru. 1-508 432-7592 

Hey- I passed on a great GPX 5000 for $2500, decided to save up for something else. It also includes the gold screamer set up and a 18” evolution coil. I am PMing you the contact info.  I’m not sure the guy will willing to ship it though, but talk to him anyway.

By the way, you mentioned you already have a harness, do you have a hipstick? I use one with a backpack, they are excellent if you’re having trouble holding up any brick on a stick detectors, they’re really great! Jonathan Porter has a video about the hipstick on YouTube if you want to see how they are used.

Edited by GotAU?
6 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Hey- I passed on a great GPX 5000 for $2500, decided to save up for something else. It also includes the gold screamer set up and a 18” evolution coil. I am PMing you the contact info.  I’m not sure the guy will willing to ship it though, but talk to him anyway.

By the way, you mentioned you already have a harness, do you have a hipstick? I use one with a backpack, they are excellent if you’re having trouble holding up any brick on a stick detectors, they’re really great! Jonathan Porter has a video about the hipstick on YouTube if you want to see how they are used.

I'll check it out. I use to have a side stick attached to the shaft. I was using a harness 24/7. But it felt uncomfortable after a few hours. I've seen these slings and thought they were cheep looking and wouldn't do much. So I tried one. Used a strap off a duffel bag with swivel snaps on the ends. Snapped the ends to a 1 in copper ring I found detecting. WOW Sweet So comfortable and light. And I couldn't find any good find bags for my waist. Plus I seemed to go thru them every year plus at a cost of $30.00 each. Then I found this [Quickbeltsystem.com] belt on ebay for $40.00. Heavy duty pockets and 1 year warranty. This will last me forever. Built tuff and comes snaps on different pockets. I got a 9x8 open pocket, a smaller pocket. a one snap insulated drink holder pocket. And three belt sleeves with snaps. I only use the big double pocket. So I have extra pockets. Built tuff. Mix and match is just a snap. Belt made well with a lot of velcro. Had mine at least 1 year and its not even thinking of any wear and I go everyday. All for $40.00 and I think shipping was free. The belt in front with loop holds my detectors bungi. Real comfortable.

IMG_2945.JPG

6 hours ago, cavanaugh said:

I'll check it out. I use to have a side stick attached to the shaft. I was using a harness 24/7. But it felt uncomfortable after a few hours. I've seen these slings and thought they were cheep looking and wouldn't do much. So I tried one. Used a strap off a duffel bag with swivel snaps on the ends. Snapped the ends to a 1 in copper ring I found detecting. WOW Sweet So comfortable and light. And I couldn't find any good find bags for my waist. Plus I seemed to go thru them every year plus at a cost of $30.00 each. Then I found this [Quickbeltsystem.com] belt on ebay for $40.00. Heavy duty pockets and 1 year warranty. This will last me forever. Built tuff and comes snaps on different pockets. I got a 9x8 open pocket, a smaller pocket. a one snap insulated drink holder pocket. And three belt sleeves with snaps. I only use the big double pocket. So I have extra pockets. Built tuff. Mix and match is just a snap. Belt made well with a lot of velcro. Had mine at least 1 year and its not even thinking of any wear and I go everyday. All for $40.00 and I think shipping was free. The belt in front with loop holds my detectors bungi. Real comfortable.

IMG_2945.JPG

Really - try a hipstick, it makes the heavier detectors (GPX and GPZ) feel like they are almost floating because it transfers the weight from your shoulder to your hip while you are swinging.

Unfortunately, the guy that makes them only sells them on eBay, so search for hipstick on eBay.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Really - try a hipstick, it makes the heavier detectors (GPX and GPZ) feel like they are almost floating because it transfers the weight from your shoulder to your hip while you are swinging.

Unfortunately, the guy that makes them only sells them on eBay, so search for hipstick on eBay.

Ya I watched both videos on setup ,Ordering, use. If I ever get a detector. Im getting one. Might be able give me another year out their detecting. But don't think I'll ever give up detecting. I'll use my detector for a cane if I have to before giving up on detecting. I need a 5000 to really clean out my 20 years of detecting areas before a house gets put on these spots. 

IMG_2214.JPG

IMG_2890.JPG

Edited by cavanaugh
wrong picture
  • Like 2

Those coins are really nice!  Were they cut by the owner to make small pieces for payments?