Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello from Havasu!

Hello everyone! 
Just found this forum! I’m not new to prospecting but kinda new ish with detectors. I have em and have used em plenty of times just never found any pretty yellow stuff with em. I’m hoping the knowledge on this forum will help me get on em. Thanks 

What detector(s) do you have?  

I saw on the Nugget Shooter Store page that they do training on detectors.  It says there to call Bill 623-910-0345.  That might be a good place to get the info you need.  Hope that helps.

Mike

Edited by DarkSilicate
  • Like 1

Easiest place to start would be to join a club and use their claims.  GPAA has several throughout the USA, and Roadrunners specializes in AZ, and there's probably some clubs local to Havasuu.  I had a whole trip planned to do some detecting on the hillls overlooking Havassuu City, but that fell through.  Enjoyed the balloon festival there a couple years ago.

Its not rocket science finding non-claimed BLM or Forest Service land to detect on, but without knowing the rules could easily be mineral trespassing.  From there, you can stake your own claims.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkSilicate said:

What detector(s) do you have?  

I saw on the Nugget Shooter Store page that they do training on detectors.  It says there to call Bill 623-910-0345.  That might be a good place to get the info you need.  Hope that helps.

Mike

Thanks! I have an old gold bug. And just recently bought a gold monster. I’ve been out twice with so far. 

3 hours ago, chrisski said:

Easiest place to start would be to join a club and use their claims.  GPAA has several throughout the USA, and Roadrunners specializes in AZ, and there's probably some clubs local to Havasuu.  I had a whole trip planned to do some detecting on the hillls overlooking Havassuu City, but that fell through.  Enjoyed the balloon festival there a couple years ago.

Its not rocket science finding non-claimed BLM or Forest Service land to detect on, but without knowing the rules could easily be mineral trespassing.  From there, you can stake your own claims.

Thanks! Yeah I belong to the local club here. Been out with a dry washer many times and found gold . Just never with a detector. Lol. It’s coming though I feel I’m on the right track. 😅

If you are finding even a few detectable pieces drywashing then you have 99% of it down already. 

All you need to do is spend enough time with your machine to hear the little rascals.

Detect right in the same hole you are drywashing in and learn to find one. That is the perfect environment to learn. Rake the rocks out and do it slow and methodically and you will find a piece pretty quick.

Good luck!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...