Nugget Shooter Forums

A few pieces

Made a couple runs out to Gold Basin recently and found some bits and pieces some with quartz, the larger specimen has a total weight of 19.8g and has somewhere around 1.5g of gold contained inside the small piece with quartz weighs in at .3g and the larger nugget is just under a gram. 
834881AD-6572-415C-BEB0-327A2EF8421B.png0C926C66-5A03-4429-85B0-502F1DDD02E6.png172FB339-9D93-4C08-AE48-51F2E82D6614.png

• Like 9
  • well done 4

Very nice stuff! Good job.

• Like 1

Nice finds!!  :thumbsupanim

GB can be a tough place to find a nugget.  I've been a few times now, and been skunked every time.  :idunno:

Congratulations !!  :)

Luke

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Nice finds!!  :thumbsupanim

GB can be a tough place to find a nugget.  I've been a few times now, and been skunked every time.  :idunno:

Congratulations !!  :)

Luke

I agree with you Luke, that's a hard place to find a nugget.  It's not worth the trip in my estimation and those Heliochopters drive me nuts.  I can think of quieter places to find nothing. :poostorm:

Old Tom

• Like 2

Well done! Very nice finds :ya:

Tom H.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, these didn’t come easy of course none of them do, this represents about 7 days out there starting early in the morning and detecting until the light fades, the last couple hours at the end of the day I try to be someplace detecting close to my Jeep on roads I know so I can find my way out in the dark. GB’s an easy 2 hour drive from home and I’m getting to know my way around a little, but it’s getting time to hit a few new areas.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, pairadiceau said:

Great job Clark!

Thank you for posting, keep up the good work!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, truth is EMI, hot rocks and trash aside it’s just nice being out there, the little bits reward enough to forget the aches, pains and the persistent pebble in my boot. 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 1:09 PM, Old Tom said:

I agree with you Luke, that's a hard place to find a nugget.  It's not worth the trip in my estimation and those Heliochopters drive me nuts.  I can think of quieter places to find nothing. :poostorm:

Old Tom

You only find meteorites where the heliochopters are ... haha

Go west young man.

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2021 at 5:27 PM, 1515Art said:

Thanks Jeff, truth is EMI, hot rocks and trash aside it’s just nice being out there, the little bits reward enough to forget the aches, pains and the persistent pebble in my boot. 

Gold Basin is pretty nice in all weather conditions except still and 105+  I've been there in snow and rain and hunted at night.

Clark, you made it look easy when you first started going to the basin.  Now you know how we feel.  I've taken the 6 hour ride from Santa Monica to get there at dawn and detect all day many times.  Many of those times was without a nugget.  If I remember correctly the largest nugget I've found there has been 5g but I've seen many much larger.

Today while I was on the beach I thought of GB and Doc (look at his videos) and the statement 'Gold is where you find it.'  He doesn't like it because he says gold has a story and with proper research an knowledge and luck you can find more of it.  So I'm going to use the phrase in the future 'You find gold where you look for it.'  We sometime need to change where we look just like the beach.

I got an 8.6g/14k ring today.  I'm ready for the basin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Gold Basin is pretty nice in all weather conditions except still and 105+  I've been there in snow and rain and hunted at night.

Clark, you made it look easy when you first started going to the basin.  Now you know how we feel.  I've taken the 6 hour ride from Santa Monica to get there at dawn and detect all day many times.  Many of those times was without a nugget.  If I remember correctly the largest nugget I've found there has been 5g but I've seen many much larger.

Today while I was on the beach I thought of GB and Doc (look at his videos) and the statement 'Gold is where you find it.'  He doesn't like it because he says gold has a story and with proper research an knowledge and luck you can find more of it.  So I'm going to use the phrase in the future 'You find gold where you look for it.'  We sometime need to change where we look just like the beach.

I got an 8.6g/14k ring today.  I'm ready for the basin.

Ha, says the guy with enough gold rings and other shiny bits to open a chain of jewelry stores, you my friend make it look easy. I’ve found a few silver rings in parks, still have never found a silver coin with my detectors and I’ve yet to find a single piece of gold jewelry, I have a low trash tolerance park and beach hunting and my Deus loves trash. If I ever made it look easy it’s because I failed to mention the skunks between blindly stumbling across the occasional bit-o-happyness. Still, there are enough old bits of tin, bullet fragments and lead I know someplace lurking there must be a few prizes to be had. Thank goodness the occasional Little meteorite shows up I just wish they were a bit more valuable, a softball size chunk would be a nice reward for checking all those tin cans signals hiding just under the brush with the snakes and thorns.

• Like 3

There is a pattern out there.  About 2 years ago ... maybe 3 Mike developed a pattern and he found multiple gold nuggets over an ounce out there that had been hidden from all others in the years before.  Next time you are out there stop by and see Estrel and he can show you by picture some really nice stuff found out there in the last 5 years.