Nugget Shooter Forums

In case people didn’t know there is now two versions of the GM1000. It’s all in the firmware. The newer version allows you to ground balance by pressing and holding the discriminate button. The original version does not have this option.

Don.

14 hours ago, Don3 said:

In case people didn’t know there is now two versions of the GM1000. It’s all in the firmware. The newer version allows you to ground balance by pressing and holding the discriminate button. The original version does not have this option.

Don.

Don’t you at least have to swing the coil???

On 2/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, middleforkminer2 said:

Don’t you at least have to swing the coil???

The ML rep told me no. Just press and hold the button over the area you are working. He also told me you don’t need to pump the GM1000 for balancing. That’s counter to what other ML reps/ dealers have told me. He said it will auto balance as you are swinging it. Regardless of version. That’s news to me.

Don.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:40 PM, Don3 said:

The ML rep told me no. Just press and hold the button over the area you are working. He also told me you don’t need to pump the GM1000 for balancing.     Don.

Since I’m gonna be buying one in the next few months, I searched out some video, because at first, I was a little confused..... here’s a video of Bill explaining it....

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, middleforkminer2 said:

Since I’m gonna be buying one in the next few months, I searched out some video, because at first, I was a little confused..... here’s a video of Bill explaining it....

Thanks for posting this. 

On 2/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, Don3 said:

Don.

Save even more money if you are looking for a used one - buy the old ‘slow’ version from someone who wants the ‘updated’ one.  You’ll be happy, the seller will be happy, and the dealer selling him a new one will be happy too! Win win win! Other than the few seconds lost doing the ground balancing, they’re identical units.