Nugget Shooter Forums

When I first started out hunting silver coins, I routinely ended up finding clads and maybe an old Wheatie or two. When I stopped hunting coins and concentrated on nugget shooting, I started finding silver coins. That's not all bad I guess, but it can be distracting. The historical allure of old silver coins can have a tendency to divert my attention away from gold. Especially if I haven't found any nuggets and suddenly start finding silver coins. I find myself gravitating toward old deteriorating buildings and evidence of habitation, and straying away from the more likely areas I should be seeking in order to find gold.

And therein lies the problem. Fortunately, one that I have been increasingly learning to live with.  :)

DSCN0804.JPG

DSCN0805.JPG

DSCN0798.JPG

DSCN0807.JPG

DSCN0808.JPG

DSCN0809.JPG

DSCN0810.JPG

DSCN0811.JPG

DSCN0812.JPG

DSCN0799.JPG

DSCN0800.JPG

DSCN0803.JPG

DSCN0796.JPG

DSCN0814.JPG

COINS-1886 ETC.PNG

COINS-1886 REVERSE.PNG

• Like 5
  • well done 2
9 hours ago, BMc said:

When I first started out hunting silver coins, I routinely ended up finding clads and maybe an old Wheatie or two. When I stopped hunting coins and concentrated on nugget shooting, I started finding silver coins. That's not all bad I guess, but it can be distracting. The historical allure of old silver coins can have a tendency to divert my attention away from gold. Especially if I haven't found any nuggets and suddenly start finding silver coins. I find myself gravitating toward old deteriorating buildings and evidence of habitation, and straying away from the more likely areas I should be seeking in order to find gold.

And therein lies the problem. Fortunately, one that I have been increasingly learning to live with.  :)

DSCN0804.JPG

DSCN0805.JPG

DSCN0798.JPG

DSCN0807.JPG

DSCN0808.JPG

DSCN0809.JPG

DSCN0810.JPG

DSCN0811.JPG

DSCN0812.JPG

DSCN0799.JPG

DSCN0800.JPG

DSCN0803.JPG

DSCN0796.JPG

DSCN0814.JPG

COINS-1886 ETC.PNG

COINS-1886 REVERSE.PNG

I will tell ya, i have the same dang problem lately. Especially with my two boys loving to hunt coins and relics so much. And unfortunately, where i hunt gold, we also hunt coins because of all of the scattered camps. Then i go buy an Equinox and that made it even worse!! My absolute love for nugget hunting and gold has been partially overtaken by dang coins and relics.

Great coins!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1