Nugget Shooter Forums

Drywasher ??

Rebel73153

Does anyone still make a small, portable, 12v puffer style drywasher? I know Thompson used to but i can't find anything current listed for a reasonable price. Keene is just too much. Wife and i are retired now and planning to take a trip to Gold Basin Ariz. next month to detect for nuggets and i thought while i was there i would like to try drywashing. But not for what Keene wants for one. Anyway, if anyone knows of any i would appreciate knowing about it, and if anyone is planning a trip to Gold Basin next month i would love to meet up.  

Have you considered a gas powered one?  I have tried both and decided on using a gas powered one.  

The battery powered one I tried was homemade and just did not have the energy to run bucket, after bucket, after bucket.  The battery died.

The Gas powered Drywashers could really move some material, and depending on the size did not need a lot of gas.  The huge Keene 151, I think we used a couple of gallons, and I had a smaller one that fit in a duffel bag and I’ sample with that and a quart of gas would be a lot less.

I also tried a making a battery powered sluice with a 10” Keene Sluice.  I used 2000 GPH worth of pumps and I was just not moving that much water.

Basically could not get batteries to do a lot of work in anything before they died.

Depending on if you have a leaf blower, you may be able to run a Drywasher with it.

I’ve seen the gas powered dry washers for sale here and on Craigslist.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 8:01 PM, Rebel73153 said:

Yep. Portland, Or. is getting hit hard with rain and now Snow. Been a wild Winter all over the Country.

Miners Depot in Quartzsite sells a Thompson update made by Mad Mining who bought him out, If you’re still looking for a new small puffer like a Thompson call them.  

Nice vacuum you got there too!

I don’t blame you for wanting to get a puffer over a blower drywasher, I have a Thomson and really love it! I also made a Homer vac to clean up the bottom of my holes, but just run what I pick ip with it through the Thomson.  And I have to admit recently I bought a Royal, however I have not tried it yet and I’m not sure how much I will like running the blower all the time, so I think it will be my back- up and when I want higher production.

Edited by GotAU?
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Miners Depot in Quartzsite sells a Thompson update made by Mad Mining who bought him out, If you’re still looking for a new small puffer like a Thompson call them.  

Nice vacuum you got there too!

I don’t blame you for wanting to get a puffer over a blower drywasher, I have a Thomson and really love it! I also made a Homer vac to clean up the bottom of my holes, but just run what I pick ip with it through the Thomson.  And I have to admit recently I bought a Royal, however I have not tried it yet and I’m not sure how much I will like running the blower all the time, so I think it will be my back- up and when I want higher production.

E84B0A2A-9C48-48FE-A8DA-218CE850DE1C.jpeg
My favorite drywasher!

Edited by GotAU?