Nugget Shooter Forums

6 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Clay? 

:idunno:

We can't say his name or it becomes political.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok this topic should of never been allowed because this is the Prospector's Lounge, this topic has nothing to do with prospecting...but we have allowed other "off topic" topics to be posted in this se

Before i went to Vietnam, my company lined up and we went through a gontlet, shots with an air injector in both arms, I think we got around 6 shots all on the same day, for different thing, Never hurt

Ok so i have a cure for this thread!!!! If you want the vaccine get it!! If you dont want it, dont get it!! See, cleared that up in 4 sentences not 12 pages. Wow!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

They will often give you antibiotics when you have any kind of lung infection. Even if it is fungal. This isn't to treat the fungus. It is to keep any bacteria from infecting the compromised lung tissue. 

So while Clay is right about the fact that antibiotics won't cure a fungal infection he is wrong about the treatment. They do use antibiotics and a bunch of them if you are hospitalized with any type of lung infection. Even Covid 19. It is not used to treat the source of the infection but to keep bacteria from growing on all that damaged tissue.

What a novel theory! It does sound plausible so good thinking. :)

Unfortunately the CDC disagrees with you ...cuz science. You would already know that if you read the link in my original post. I'll print their assessment here to save you the trouble of clicking on the link.

People who get Valley fever are often misdiagnosed with bacterial pneumonia and given antibiotics. However, Valley fever is caused by a fungus, so antibiotics will not work. CDC estimates about 60 to 80 percent of patients with Valley fever are given one or more rounds of antibiotics before receiving a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Prescribing antibiotics when they are not needed puts patients at unnecessary risk of drug resistant infections.

Valley fever, also called coccidioidomycosis, can cause up to one in three cases of community-acquired pneumonia in the Southwest. It is often misdiagnosed as bacterial pneumonia. Healthcare providers: Consider testing patients with community-acquired pneumonia for Valley fever if they live in or have traveled to this area.

I've had several friends that were misdiagnosed/treated for Valley Fever. They were lucky the doctors eventually figured out their treatment wasn't working and switched to antifungals. Apparently that's a pretty common misdiagnosis according to the CDC.

Valley Fever is a nasty disease for the few people who have symptoms. Most people just build an immunity from their first exposure but there are a few who don't and that can be life threatening. I'm glad DarkSilicate's doctors figured out the right treatment in time.

25 minutes ago, clay said:

What a novel theory! It does sound plausible so good thinking. :)

Unfortunately the CDC disagrees with you ...cuz science. You would already know that if you read the link in my original post. I'll print their assessment here to save you the trouble of clicking on the link.

I've had several friends that were misdiagnosed/treated for Valley Fever. They were lucky the doctors eventually figured out their treatment wasn't working and switched to antifungals. Apparently that's a pretty common misdiagnosis according to the CDC.

Valley Fever is a nasty disease for the few people who have symptoms. Most people just build an immunity from their first exposure but there are a few who don't and that can be life threatening. I'm glad DarkSilicate's doctors figured out the right treatment in time.

Don't tell me. Tell DarkSilicate. He is the one that had Valley Fever and was treated with penicillin.

His doctor should have consulted you before administering anything. I'm sure the same mistake will never happen again.

Maybe doctors should consult you before reccommending the covid vaccine. They could probably learn a lot.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Oh that guy. Didn't they fire him or something?

Yeah...he got fired by over 81 million people.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Don't tell me. Tell DarkSilicate. He is the one that had Valley Fever and was treated with penicillin.

His doctor should have consulted you before administering anything. I'm sure the same mistake will never happen again.

Maybe doctors should consult you before reccommending the covid vaccine. They could probably learn a lot.

Not my diagnosis Bob. You were the one suggesting antibiotics should properly be used for fungal lung infections. I was just sharing the science and the fact the CDC sees treating Valley Fever fungal infections with antibiotics as common, ineffective and dangerous.

On 2/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

You don't need to justify your decisions to us. You have made it clear you are not getting the vaccine and that is just groovy.

We will accept you with all your flaws and fears. We are after all just humans.

Is there anything else you need to get off your chest about vaccines? We're here to listen if you feel the need to expound.

You certainly don't speak for me Bob.
Who are you referring to as "us" and "we"?

11 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

You certainly don't speak for me Bob.
Who are you referring to as "us" and "we"?

I was referring to the forum collectively Slim. If you do think Stillbeaver needs to justify his decision to us then so be it. I'm sure that most of us can accept his flaws even if you don't feel part of that group.

If you have a beef with Stillbeaver then take it up with him. He is OK in my book even if he doesn't have a sexy antibody. That is his personal choice. And im pretty confident that most people on this forum feel the same.

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

If you don't understand how this disease works and how many have serious symptoms then you need to get the facts from a source you trust.

Trying to discuss the subject with cabezons who refuse to acknowledge reality is not something on my to-do list today.

Just trying to clarify the context of your statement, "1 in 5...", Bob. If you choose not to,  we understand. 

Uz simpulltuns need edjumakatin., though.

We need help.

10 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

If you have a beef with Stillbeaver then take it up with him. He is OK in my book even if he doesn't have a sexy antibody.

Now you take that back! The blood bank loves my O+

25 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Just trying to clarify the context of your statement, "1 in 5...", Bob. If you choose not to,  we understand. 

Uz simpulltuns need edjumakatin., though.

We need help.

Then seek the advice of experts in the field like Clay. They will tell you that about 20% of cases result in serious sickness including needing oxygen, hospitalization, lingering symptoms, blood clots, organ damage and a host of other things. In other words 1 in 5 experience a serious illness that is more than just getting sick for a few days and then fully recovering.

I know, you are going to want to debate the definition of "serious" and im not interested. One in five cases are considered "serious" by the medical profession and you can dissect that and argue with it all you want. 

I am going to get the shot as soon as I can, in my order, without cutting.

I also did not read the first 2 pages.

Israel has a motto, “Have a shot, Take a shot.”  That means Get the COVID Vaccine and go out with your friends and get life back to normal.  Who doesn’t want that?

I can go on the website now and get an appointment by saying I’m an educator, and when I get there, not one person I know who has received the vaccine has had to verify their status.  It’s all on your integrity.

I am hired as a sub this year by the school district, bit have not worked a day in the 8 months they’ve hired me and won’t work there either.  So IMO, I would not be honest if I went to the website and registered as an educator.  I’m in front of people all day long instructing, but again not a K-12 educator, not high risk and not 65+, so I’m not going to lie.  I can wait two more weeks.

There’s cases where the shot in the has been given in a VIP category by knowing someone, or by someone saying go to so and so a place and they will take you, just ignore the no vaccine sign, and it worked for them.  Turned out that area ordered 8k vaccinations and was delivered 11k.  Also not going to claim to be an educator like some YouTuberd have claimed to get the vaccine administered.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

...One in five cases are considered "serious" by the medi..

Thank you for clarifying that 20% of the cases -that reach the hospital -have serious issues.

That is a much narrower brush than 20% of the general population being affected.

• Haha 1

Chris,

There is nothing verified when you apply here either. There is a checklist of conditions that might get you into a higher bracket. You can check as many as you want. 

It came out in the paper here that smoking would put you in a high risk group. So lots of people decided to start smoking. 

Educators were in the front for a while and then they weren't. But there is a list of professions that you can check if you want to. I have heard everyone is a cop or an EMT lately. 

The good news is that they are giving the shots as fast as they are getting them. And a big chunk of the people who have registered have already received their first shot. It looks like shots will be available to anyone who wants one within the next month or so.

All the health care workers were first way back in December. They all got the Phizer because the hospitals had badass freezers. Some of the educators got shots at the hospital and they were Phizer too. 

The Wal Marts, Sam's Club, and Walgreens get Moderna and have really been slinging it. They are shipping it daily to each location and tightly controlling it.

There is only one way (so far) to get vaccinated here and that is through the State registry. I heard that the J&J vaccine is not part of the government contract and will be offered by other outlets when it becomes available. That means that you can probably talk someone into selling you a hit even if you do not meet the criteria for the State program. And it is debatable whether they could force the distributors to follow the State criteria. 

So it may soon be a free for all with the J&J vaccine.

Of course there is talk about a black market vaccine. Sinovac from China or Sputnik from Russia being sold at small pharmacies. They say the cartel is smuggling it. Costs you $100 cash. Supposedly half of the rich folks in Mexico have been innoculated since late last year and now it is moving north.

Fauci just came out and said "2 or 3 masks". 
Based on what I've seen happen in the US over the last month, I recommend at least 1 mask -- and a butt plug. 

25 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Thank you for clarifying that 20% of the cases -that reach the hospital -have serious issues.

That is a much narrower brush than 20% of the general population being affected.

You don't do word problems well do you?

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Fauci just came out and said "2 or 3 masks". 
Based on what I've seen happen in the US over the last month, I recommend at least 1 mask -- and a butt plug. 

That might be a good idea with the guys you hang out with Slim.

Do you have any opinions on the vaccine? Because that is the topic at hand Slim. Not your advice on masks and buttplugs.

We can talk about buttplugs if you want to though. Do you have a favorite buttplug? Is there a certain color or diameter that you would reccommend.

Do you color coordinate your masks with your buttplugs?

32 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That might be a good idea with the guys you hang out with Slim.

Do you have any opinions on the vaccine? Because that is the topic at hand Slim. Not your advice on masks and buttplugs.

We can talk about buttplugs if you want to though. Do you have a favorite buttplug? Is there a certain color or diameter that you would reccommend.

Do you color coordinate your masks with your buttplugs?

Like I said, it's great having multiple vaccines thanks to Operation Warp Speed. The vaccines were developed in record time, approved in record time, manufactured in record time and now they are being distributed in record time. 
I'll get my 1st shot next week.
As for the butt plugs, how are the oil and gas workers doing in your state? Didn't they lose their jobs in warp speed?
I've heard new jobs will be available at some point. Something about solar panels and coding. 

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Have they told him yet?

I think he has a severe comprehension problem. Somethings wrong with his brain.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Like I said, it's great having multiple vaccines thanks to Operation Warp Speed. The vaccines were developed in record time, approved in record time, manufactured in record time and now they are being distributed in record time. 
I'll get my 1st shot next week.
As for the butt plugs, how are the oil and gas workers doing in your state? Didn't they lose their jobs in warp speed?
I've heard new jobs will be available at some point. Something about solar panels and coding. 

The oil business crashed before covid hit. A little thing with Russia and Saudi Arabia and the price of oil. Then the pandemic hit and no one was buying gas. So it never really came back from the last month's of 2019.

As soon as people start travelling again and the price of oil goes up the oil fields will start up again. Vaccines will go a long way toward getting people to travel.

It is a boom and bust business and it has been rough the last year. The price of oil is creeping up though so im sure they will start hiring pretty soon. 

I don't think anyone is anticipating a boom. A few people will get jobs but the oilfield won't be a big source of employment unless there is a big demand for oil.

I hate to ask but does your mind draw a straight line between buttplugs and oilfield workers?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

:4chsmu1:You don't do objective writting well.

One in five cases are considered serious by the medical profession. It does not get much clearer than that.

Sometimes a song helps people to understand. I'll take the Sesame Street approach in hopes it will help you comprehend...