Nugget Shooter Forums

1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Thanks, bob.  Your concern for my well being is heartening .

Your  opinion that it is a problem to have a healthy cynical skepticism  toward  big Pharma makes me want to return the favor.

You obviously have no clue as to my opinion on that subject. But that is just fine. If you want to imagine that I disapprove of your views you can. But try to keep in mind that it is just your imagination and not my opinion about "big pharma" that is causing you distress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok this topic should of never been allowed because this is the Prospector's Lounge, this topic has nothing to do with prospecting...but we have allowed other "off topic" topics to be posted in this se

Before i went to Vietnam, my company lined up and we went through a gontlet, shots with an air injector in both arms, I think we got around 6 shots all on the same day, for different thing, Never hurt

Ok so i have a cure for this thread!!!! If you want the vaccine get it!! If you dont want it, dont get it!! See, cleared that up in 4 sentences not 12 pages. Wow!

Posted Images

On 2/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, DarkSilicate said:

"shots with an air injector in both arms"

Man that brings back memories.  I remember looking at my left shoulder as I walked away from those shots and seeing some of it coming back out.  All those shots didn't keep me from getting dysentery as soon as I got over there. : (  

On 2/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, DarkSilicate said:

"shots with an air injector in both arms"

Man that brings back memories.  I remember looking at my left shoulder as I walked away from those shots and seeing some of it coming back out.  All those shots didn't keep me from getting dysentery as soon as I got over there. : (  

22 shots, 3 needles in each arm simultaneously, repeat; then walk through a series of door frames set up as air gun injection stations. It's an interesting way to give shots, with three syringes held between the fingers of each hand, then a quick left and right back hand leaves you standing there with 6 needles sticking out of you. The next Corpsman finishes the job by pushing in the plungers. Another step forward and more shots until they redo all of the shots that had already had been given prior to them losing that all important shot card . . .

Out in the bush, between the malaria pills, and the 3-4 halazone tablets that's required in a single canteen of putrid-bacteria infested water from bomb craters and rice paddies, dysentery was a constant reality.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, middleforkminer2 said:

Actually, I’m pretty sure it does meet the technical definition....

I will agree to disagree. 

It is classified  as "emergency use authorization " by the FDA, is it not?

Certain trials were not done, and the length of trials that were, was shortened.

I'll not be  part of a clinical trial for a technology of unproven efficacy and unknown risks to mitigate something that's no threat to me.

It’s either EUA or another 5-6 years of allowing the govt. to shutdown schools, businesses, large gatherings etc. etc.....heck, being as old as I am, another 5-6 years, it’s highly likely I won’t be around anyway....thank you for your opinion, but I’ll take my chances with possible side effects from the vaccine as opposed to KNOWN side effects of the virus....

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I will agree to disagree. 

It is classified  as "emergency use authorization " by the FDA, is it not?

Certain trials were not done, and the length of trials that were, was shortened.

I'll not be  part of a clinical trial for a technology of unproven efficacy and unknown risks to mitigate something that's no threat to me.

So you have made the personal decision not to take the vaccine but feel the need to repeatedly explain why you made that decision to those who have decided to get the vaccine?

It seems that there may be other motivations at play here. 

Just a hunch.

To each their own...I have friends on both sides of the fence... I even talked to a young lady who is preaching the theory that the first injection provides the material for the second injection to actually build and assemble microscopic computers that will take over your thought process and communicate with other people who have had the vaccine.....:hide: kind of like the infamous “Borg” of “Startrek”.... maybe she’s right...:yikes:

• Hmmmmmm 1

Gaps in knowledge are often backfilled with beliefs. 

Beliefs are fine in matters of spirituality. The unknowable and the spiritual realm are navigated based upon beliefs. 

But when beliefs conflict with known facts or reasoning they become spiritual poison and a logical conundrum.

Anyone discussing science that trots out a beleif system to fill the void in their knowledge is trying to fool someone and have often fooled themselves.

The vaccine is as safe as it is. And the virus is as damaging as it is. We have a very good idea of what both will do to you short term. And we have historical examples to make educated guesses about the future.

We can "believe" things about the virus as well as the vaccine. That is a personal choice. But when our beliefs begin to diverge from the known and the lessons of history we are on our own. Unless we can get some other fools to believe us. 

People who "believe" in things that are not supported by reality are always shopping for an audience. They preach. They convert. They insist and they argue. And followers of these beliefs are often intollerant of those who do not share their beliefs.

The vaccine is a personal choice that each individual must weigh based on their knowledge and beliefs. When others start preaching things about vaccines that are false or illogical they are looking for approval and acceptance. These people have a completely different goal than those seeking immunity from a disease.

• Like 1
  • well done 2

I just got my first shot. It has only been about 30 mins and I already have a great looking antibody. Six foot six inches with six pack abs. Handsome too. 

It also made me happy. So IMHO it was tax dollars well spent.

I haven't had a shot or a mask. Unfortunately I've shrunk nearly six inches in the last year, my skin turned funny colors of yellow and pink and I smell like cheese. Why didn't I listen to science!

I could have been handsome and strong if only I had learned to social distance on command.  :inocent:

• Like 1

I had a virus back in my military days while stationed in Phoenix area.  Valley Fever.  It is not the same as covid but some of the things that happened are similar.  My lungs filled with fluid, I ran a very high fever for several days.  I had to have a constant iv of antibiotics for several days.  It was a month and a half long serious event for me and I sure as heck don't want to go thru something like that again at this age.  So give me the shots and I will be on my way.

• Like 1

Valley Fever is a fungal disease DarkSilicate, not a virus. It's treated with anti fungal medications - not antibiotics. It can be a serious fungal infection, I'm sorry you suffered from it.

Anti fungal and antibiotic medications don't treat virus infections. Neither do vaccines. Vaccines are intended to boost natural immunity to viruses, they don't treat or kill the virus itself.

If you feel better getting vaccinated go for it. As Bob pointed out you, your friends, neighbors and other taxpayers are already funding any of the several vaccines being made available.

Edited by clay
  • Like 1

You could be right, however they gave me penicillin in the iv.  It doesn't really matter what it was, I don't have a wish to get that sick again if just getting a couple shots can prevent it.  I got too many rocks to turn over.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DarkSilicate said:

You could be right, however they gave me penicillin in the iv.  It doesn't really matter what it was, I don't have a wish to get that sick again if just getting a couple shots can prevent it.  I got too many rocks to turn over.  

They will often give you antibiotics when you have any kind of lung infection. Even if it is fungal. This isn't to treat the fungus. It is to keep any bacteria from infecting the compromised lung tissue. 

So while Clay is right about the fact that antibiotics won't cure a fungal infection he is wrong about the treatment. They do use antibiotics and a bunch of them if you are hospitalized with any type of lung infection. Even Covid 19. It is not used to treat the source of the infection but to keep bacteria from growing on all that damaged tissue.

Also they will often give you drugs that stall your immune system to limit inflammation. When they give you those drugs they often use an antibiotic as a prophylaxis. 

So what you are saying about your treatment makes perfect sense. 

And you are wise to get the vaccine. One in five people have serious problems with this disease. Only a fool would bet his health on those odds.

Got my second shot this morning at Mather VA in Sacramento. Wife's sister and husband in Mariposa went to Fresno and Livingston for theirs as the county was slow to respond. We are in El Dorado county and it is a joke. No information. I've registered three times to get the shots and it took me driving by the Senior Center in Placerville and seeing a sign out that got me to stop and go in to see what was going on. "They will call you" bs was still being disseminated but then one of the people there pulled out a blank clipboard sign up sheet for those who wanted to get on a list for missed appointments. Three hours later they called and had an opening for my wife. Done.

Getting the vaccination isn't just about you, the "pan" in pandemic means it is global, save someone you may not even know. Get the shots. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

One in five people have serious problems with this disease. 

That is a pretty broad brush, Bob.

Is that one in five???considering the total population...?or

...people that test positive only with no symptoms?or

...people that test positive and have symptoms similar  to cold and flu., but are able to cope, at home,and recover similar to cold or flu?or

...people that are hospitalized  due to their symptoms   being worse? Or

...People already  hospitalized. And get it while  there?

or what about just nursing home patients- one in five have a serious problem?

I grant your premise   has some validity if limited to the last statement. 

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli

If you don't understand how this disease works and how many have serious symptoms then you need to get the facts from a source you trust.

Trying to discuss the subject with cabezons who refuse to acknowledge reality is not something on my to-do list today.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

If you don't understand how this disease works and how many have serious symptoms then you need to get the facts from a source you trust.

Trying to discuss the subject with cabezons who refuse to acknowledge reality is not something on my to-do list today.

Like Fauci?

35 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Like Fauci?

I guess you get and trust the information from the man who thinks he has the biggest, the bestest, the most fantastic brain in the entire universe.

Edited by Morlock
10 minutes ago, Morlock said:

I guess you get and trust the information from the man who thinks he has the biggest, the bestest, the most fantastic brain in the entire universe.

Clay? 

:idunno:

• Haha 1