Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Should I skip shot #2 tomorrow?

Did you get the J&J vaccine?

I just got back from getting my second shot of Moderna and I feel fine.  Time will tell, but the odds are in my favor.

I posted the article above to point out that there are real instances of reinfection even after vaccination.   The vaccines are only 90-95% effective, so roughly 5% could be at risk.  90% is far better than zero.  It's not all about prevention of infection.  Studies have also shown the vaccine greatly reduces the severity of symptoms which almost eliminates hospitalizations.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok this topic should of never been allowed because this is the Prospector's Lounge, this topic has nothing to do with prospecting...but we have allowed other "off topic" topics to be posted in this se

Before i went to Vietnam, my company lined up and we went through a gontlet, shots with an air injector in both arms, I think we got around 6 shots all on the same day, for different thing, Never hurt

Ok so i have a cure for this thread!!!! If you want the vaccine get it!! If you dont want it, dont get it!! See, cleared that up in 4 sentences not 12 pages. Wow!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Chinese Communist Party Virus ,then?

And yes, you are woke.

...and you are a fool.

Anything else you want to say?

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Should I skip shot #2 tomorrow?

Heck no Chris!  That second one is the most important. Even if it makes you shiver and shake for a couple of hours it will protect you. And it will also help protect those around you.

Even if you get sick down the road you will fare better. And the chances you will be contagious is much less. 

After that second shot the chances of covid seriously affecting your life go way down. The odds are 1:1M in your favor if you get the shot. You have about a 25% chance of getting coronavirus without it.

Any way you slice it getting vaccinated is the logical choice. 

I'll be standing in line for a booster next year if the virus is still circulating. No question about that at all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

...and you are a fool.

Anything else you want to say?

It is my personal opinion that Stillwhining Wheelbearing is not a fool. He is simply a light skinned person with a vitamin D deficiency.

:4chsmu1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

He is simply a light skinned person with a vitamin R deficiency.

:4chsmu1:

Do elaborate, please.:kap:

I am not deficient in sausage, though. ...had five for breakfast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I am not deficient in sausage, though. ...had five for breakfast. 

I always got the feeling you lived alone.  :89:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:
33 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

...and you are a fool.

If you don't believe the CCCP let this loose on the world.

Better:)

I find it to be a very logical and deliberate move on the part of the CCCP, if that's what actually happened.

When you have a group of people who are good at 'playing the long game', then it would make perfect sense for them to hit us when we were weakest.  And what was our response?  What ever it was, it was weak.  Why?

It's interesting how quickly they have recovered as they race to dominate the globe.  But here in 'Murica...  People want to argue about how 'woke' someone is, or isn't....   LMAO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always wondered why guys that believe the virus was deliberate are also the ones who won't do anything to protect themselves from it.

Seems like if I really believed the virus was an intentional attack on our country then I would be doing my darndest to fight it.

Some folks just don't have the stomach for a fight though. Lots of people will stay in bed frozen with fear while an intruder steals their stuff.  So it is predictable that some would refuse to fight a scary virus. 

Some folks are afraid of slimy monsters. Some are afraid of hairy monsters. Others are afraid of viruses. And still others are afraid of vaccines. As long as we allow our fears to dictate our actions then the scary monsters will consume us.

  • Like 1
  • well done 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I always wondered why guys that believe the virus was deliberate are also the ones who won't do anything to protect themselves from it.

Seems like if I really believed the virus was an intentional attack on our country then I would be doing my darndest to fight it.

The irony.  :nutty:

  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It's a conundrum innit?

 

wise-quotes-from-george-carlin-1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

 

Seems like if I really believed the virus was an intentional attack on our country then I would be doing my darndest to fight it.

 

My immune sysyem is doing just fine and needs no help from an EBA. 

It was intentional for our NIH to fund the WUHAN lab...  It was intentiomal to ignore the lack of sufficient  safety protocols. https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/17/infamous-wuhan-lab-authorized-to-receive-us-taxpayer-funding-nih-confirms/

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Just a man and his bratwurst.

No, just pork breakfast snausage marked down from $2.50 to  $0.50. 

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LukeJ said:

It has nothing to do with being 'woke'.  Whatever that's supposed to mean....  ???

It has everything to do with your continued use of a term employed to cause more division and is blatantly false.

Covid-19 is a corona virus, not influenza.  You should know that.

The rest of it is a derogatory term and I take personal offense.  My wife and kids fall into that group and half of the people I consider family as well.  If you were bold enough to utter that garbage in my presence, I would be standing in your face.

Do we understand each other now?

Luke

I don't think it derogatory.  Kung flu( or Kung fu) can kick your butt if you're not prepared, grasshopper.

It is an apt description.

If you want to conflate it to a slur against certain peeps that's on you.

"Hate is the tomb you weave. It will not save you from your suffering" ...(Caine)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LukeJ said:

 

wise-quotes-from-george-carlin-1.jpg

:thumbsupanim:thumbsupanimYup George Carlin was wise beyond his years. 

He actually contributed  to this thread, long ago... I shall quote,...............................

"What we have now are a completely neurotic population obsessed with security and safety and crime and drugs and cleanliness and hygiene and germs… there’s another thing… germs. Where did this sudden fear of germs come from in this country? Have you noticed this? The media, constantly running stories about all the latest infections – salmonella, e-coli, hantavirus, bird flu – and Americans, they panic easily so now everybody’s running around, scrubbing this and spraying that and overcooking their food and repeatedly washing their hands, trying to avoid all contact with germs.

 
It’s ridiculous and it goes to ridiculous lengths."
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It is my personal opinion that Stillwhining Wheelbearing is not a fool. He is simply a light skinned person with a vitamin D deficiency.

:4chsmu1:

A highly illogical  opinion considering  my  past posts on the "prohormone" D, and it's important  role in the health  of our immune system.

Haven't you been paying  attention?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LukeJ said:

 

When you have a group of people who are good at 'playing the long game', then it would make perfect sense for them to hit us when we were weakest.  And what was our response?  

A travel ban (greated with derision and smears),WARP SPEED and the EBA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

A travel ban (greated with derision and smears),WARP SPEED and the EBA.

Stopping Chinese nationals from entering our country while thousands of infected Americans came home from Asia without tests or quarantine.  Yeah, that was really effective leadership.  :inocent:

Oh, forgot to mention, the European strain which largely infected the east coast and spread throughout the country.

Warp speed....  Come on now.  With or without the help of the govt, those vaccine manufactures would have done largely the same thing with the same results.  They are in business and compete against each other.  No doubt the funding was helpful, but they would have done it anyways.

2 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I don't think it derogatory.  Kung flu( or Kung fu) can kick your butt if you're not prepared, grasshopper.

It is an apt description.

If you want to conflate it to a slur against certain peeps that's on you.

"Hate is the tomb you weave. It will not save you from your suffering" ...(Caine)

What you think matters very little.  The facts are now that Asian Americans are being targeted and attacked in much higher numbers due to some jackass' hate speech.  Your ignorance is astounding.  But we all knew that.

  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

...some jackass' hate speech.  Your ignorance is astounding.  But we all knew that.

Your wokeness is great. waaaa.

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Your wokeness is great. waaaa.

Better than being brain dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Did you get the J&J vaccine?

I just got back from getting my second shot of Moderna and I feel fine.  Time will tell, but the odds are in my favor.

I posted the article above to point out that there are real instances of reinfection even after vaccination.   The vaccines are only 90-95% effective, so roughly 5% could be at risk.  90% is far better than zero.  It's not all about prevention of infection.  Studies have also shown the vaccine greatly reduces the severity of symptoms which almost eliminates hospitalizations.

I received my booster shot of Pfizer on Monday. Had some soreness in my arm and a slight fever...both of which have disappeared this morning.

Hopefully things will get back to normal in the next few months.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Better than being brain dead.

Oh yess, calling it the Kungflu made some  people crazy. I am begining to understand now, master.

 

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...