Nugget Shooter Forums

6 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Simple  duckduckgo search "   gold antiviral .".. (one of many results)>   https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c02677.   

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gold+antiviral&t=samsung&ia=web&iai=r1-1&page=1&sexp={"cdrexp"%3A"b"%2C"biaexp"%3A"b"%2C"msvrtexp"%3A"b"}

"

Theoretical Design of Functionalized Gold Nanoparticles as Antiviral Agents against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)

Aliyeh Mehranfar

and 

Mohammad Izadyar*

Cite this: J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2020, 11, 24, 10284–10289

Publication Date:November 23, 2020

https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c02677

Copyright © 2020 American Chemical Society"

Back on topic

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok this topic should of never been allowed because this is the Prospector's Lounge, this topic has nothing to do with prospecting...but we have allowed other "off topic" topics to be posted in this se

Before i went to Vietnam, my company lined up and we went through a gontlet, shots with an air injector in both arms, I think we got around 6 shots all on the same day, for different thing, Never hurt

Ok so i have a cure for this thread!!!! If you want the vaccine get it!! If you dont want it, dont get it!! See, cleared that up in 4 sentences not 12 pages. Wow!

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

And I suppose the CDC, FDA, Kill Gates, and myriad of fakenews sites are?:laught16:

Look up his bio and education.....lmfao.... 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

First off, none of the vaccines are considered “experimental” any longer and secondly, her obituary lists the cause of death as being from natural causes..... go ahead and believe some yahoo who has a BA degree in bible studies and Greek from a bible college and whose income source is a conspiracy website.... is he still living on a defunct coconut plantation in the P.I.?????

• Thanks 1
  • well done 1

The deaths from the virus are being exaggerated. The deaths from the vaccine are being hidden. 

Only the chosen few know "the real truth". The rest have been brainwashed by the fake news media.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile the virus is mutating and attacking young people. It is getting more contagious as well as causing more serious and deadly cases. We are on the cusp of yet another wave fueled by ignorance and excess. Our economy, security and lifestyles will be negatively affected. Again.

Our foreign adversaries are spending millions to push propaganda on the internet. It is targeted to make the effects of the pandemic more severe.

Some people eat that stuff up like seaweed pills.

• Like 1

New Mexico has done great with vaccinations. Now anyone over 16 years old can get one. The time between registering and getting your first shot is about 4 days.

We have had about 4000 New Mexicans die from Covid. We have vaccinated six times as many people than have had covid and had one death that could have been the result of the vaccine.

By comparison there are a hand full of deaths and serious side effects from antibiotics in the same time period. So at first blush the vaccine seems to be at least as safe as common antibiotic therapy although clearly not without risk.

Almost everyone I know has had their second shot. I don't know of anyone who has had more than a fever and chills. The community is fairly close knit. If the vaccine was making people sick we would hear about it.

One possible deaths in two million vaccines is the risk we take against what we know is happening in our community. We know people who have died and we know lots of people who are sick. But we don't know anyone who is sick or dead from the vaccine. So for most people the choice is clear.

Im not particularly concerned about getting sick. Especially now that I am vaccinated. My biggest concern is the economy. I think there is money to be made in this brave new world. And in order for that to happen people need to be out spending money. Vaccines are the shortest route to our economy getting back to normal.  So that is another reason why I support the vaccine. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, clay said:

Those are excellent numbers! Im glad that you posted them Clay!

Vaccines are about 95% effective at preventing disease. These numbers reflect that 5% of individuals who do not develop antibodies from the vaccine and contract the virus.

There are about 2 million fully vaccinated people in Michigan and another 3 million that have received a single dose. That group has had 3 deaths and 246 cases.

In unvaccinated people there have been about 780,000 cases of the virus and 17,000 deaths in Michigan. The entire population of Michigan is about 9 million total. So it is very clear the vaccine is effective.

Any way you slice it you are exponentially less likely to catch the virus and/or die after you are vaccinated.

If you do the numbers you are about ten times more likely to die from the virus after you have been vaccinated than to die from the vaccination itself! And the chances of that are about 1/1000000.

• well done 2
1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

In the pandemic of 1919 the local madam in Hillsboro got her girls together and sewed their fancy dresses into linings for the children's caskets.

That is the very first Hillsboro story I learned when I started prospecting there. My good friend Sue Bason told me that story on the steps of her antique store. Then she took me next door to the "Chinaman's House" which was the Black Range Museum and showed me one of the coffins. Then she told me the story of the Madam Sadie Orchard and how she ran the brothel and drove the stagecoach. And rode down the streets of Hillsboro naked.

The flu of 1919 swept through the town and took about half of the miners and their families.

Hillsboro is one of the richest gold locations in the West. But the flu of 1919 is remembered more than the heyday. Many graves in the graveyard are from that pandemic. At least as many as from both world wars. 

http://womenwentwent.blogspot.com/2016/07/sarah-jane-creech-sadie-jane-orchard.html?m=1

• Like 2

If I’m to believe the numbers released by our government, we’re at 6% unemployment and ended up yearly GDP at -4.3%, which all things considered, would seem like great news.

Appears that due to things like COVID relief bills, we’re nearly completely recovered.

Imagine how much this will improve after everyone (at least who wants it) is fully vaccinated later this year as restrictions are lifted and people get out.

When I got shot #1, sitting to leave, I thought about all we went through to get to that.

I’m chalking this up as a victory and ready to move on.

• Like 2

I get my second shot tomorrow which is great.

I work for a large manufacturing company and so many of my colleges have put their feet up by their pools, "Working form home"

Being at work every day though out this flue seeing that folks go down and return has been an experience. I believe if you are a leader you lead by example first. I also feel blessed by God to have skirted this contagion.

All that said I believe this is practice for the real thing. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

All that said I believe this is practice for the real thing. 

I don’t.  I really think what you’re referring to as the “real thing” is what this virus could have become were it not for advances in medical science since the last big one hit with the Spanish Flu.  100 years ago, I think we would have seem as many deaths from this as the Spanish Flu brought.

I’ve been to work also in a building of about 200 people.  No one in my office of 10 tested positive, but another office inn the same building had three people out of ten sick.  I think its because we sit farther apart and probably wash our hands more.

• Like 1

Wow! This is quite a thread. It took a while to read the entire 11-pages, and digest all the opinions. I underwent heart bypass surgery on March 22, and I got my Johnson & Johnson vaccine shot this morning. I still feel like I got hit by a cement truck from the heart surgery, but I'm glad I was finally able to get the vaccine. At 64-years-old, I'm not afraid of it. Now, if I was a young woman with children in my future, I may have been more hesitant. As some have mentioned, when I was in the service and on my way to Asia, and Africa, I got hit with vaccination guns in both arms twice. All my kids (5) seem normal, and their kids (4) also seem normal. I just became a Great Grandfather in February, and little Cameron seems normal as well. If you are under 65, in good health, are not obese, or have diabetes or heart problems then you "probably" won't die from Covid. Best of luck to you all!

• Like 2
  • well done 1

I heard a report on the radio from a scientist that studies transmission. He said there is good evidence that most people do not transmit the virus. Only certain individuals.

He points to the fact that many households will have one person infected but no one else in the household gets it. It is very common for this to happen. While other people infect everyone they get close to.

They said most people do not transmit the virus to anyone. But people who do transmit it will infect am average of 28 people.

He indicated that "super spreaders" were not so much events but individuals. If those individuals are in a crowd it becomes a "super spreader event". 

Most people only shed the virus for a few hours. Certain people may shed it for days.

Contact tracing bears that out. So do studies in institutional settings like hospitals and prisons. The virus spreads very slowly until the right person gets it and then they spread it like wildfire.

He indicated that people could theoretically catch it from a surface. But there has actually never been a case documented of someone catching it that way. That everyone they traced had evidently caught it through the air and not surfaces. He said hand washing is important to slow the spread of disease but it probably does nothing to slow THIS disease. It is just good practice in general.

There is pretty good evidence that many people just don't get contagious even if they are sick. And if they do get contagious it is only for a short time.

So far it seems that the vaccine will prevent most people from becoming contagious even if they do get the virus. There has been very few cases where vaccinated people could have transmitted the disease.

There is no doubt that the vaccine prevents or reduces infection. There is also mounting evidence it greatly reduces transmission in the few who are vaccinated and still contract the virus.

Most of the "serious" side effects reported are rapid breathing and trouble breathing after the shot. Many of these are simply panic attacks in people who are nervous and have heard horror stories about it. While there are a few cases of serious reactions they are few and far between. So far they are no more prevalent than most other vaccines and much less prevalent than many very common vaccines such as the measles shot.

Many millions of vaccines have already been given and it is clear that for the vast majority they are beneficial. Yes a certain few have bad reactions and that is to be expected. 

Some folks say "If you are afraid of the virus stay home". Now the shoe is on the other foot. If you are afraid of the vaccine stay home. 

There is no doubt that many businesses will require customers to be vaccinated. And many professions will require it as well. Society will react as it always does to those who refuse to conform to group norms. This will no doubt cause some hardship for those who decide not to be vaccinated. Just like any other decision it will have consequences other than at the cellular level. Especially if there is another wave of sickness.

We have always had the tools to prevent this disease and some refused to employ them. Now that there is a vaccine added to that toolbox there is really no reason we should have to suffer economically, socially and physically. It will be up to the individual to join in this collective effort or continue being part of the problem that prevents us all from moving forward.

A chain is only as strong as the weakest link. Some folks are happy being the weakest link. At some point this will be a very difficult position to be in as the entire country moves past this pandemic.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I heard a report on the radio from a scientist that studies transmission. He said there is good evidence that most people do not transmit the virus. Only certain individuals.

He points to the fact that many households will have one person infected but no one else in the household gets it. It is very common for this to happen. While other people infect everyone they get close to.

Bob i completely agree 100%. My oldest daughter and my wife ended up with it 4 weeks ago. My 2 youngest kids, my oldest son and I did not get sick. They were sick as heck though. Major headaches, tired and extreme body aches. Luckily it didn't hit their lungs!!

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

Bob i completely agree 100%. My oldest daughter and my wife ended up with it 4 weeks ago. My 2 youngest kids, my oldest son and I did not get sick. They were sick as heck though. Major headaches, tired and extreme body aches. Luckily it didn't hit their lungs!!

Im glad to hear they got through it with no big issues. I hope it's the end of it for your family.

It's my personal opinion that lifestyle makes all the difference. If you are active and walk around outside a lot you are less apt to get it bad. The folks who can't or don't walk up hills and roll in the dirt are the ones who get seriously sick. 

Being on your feet and being used to constant effort daily keeps us a lot stronger. So does being used to temperature changes. Your body's ability to handle sustained effort and environmental changes are directly tied to your ability to fight off sickness. At least that has been my observation.

People that spend their days in controlled environments on level ground don't force their bodies to adapt to their environment. I think this makes them more vulnerable to disease and makes disease more serious. 

Hiking up a mountain in the spring and going swimming in an icy lake probably does more for your immune system than any vaccine ever could.

• Like 1
  • well done 1
On 4/10/2021 at 8:02 AM, Terry Soloman said:

Wow! This is quite a thread. It took a while to read the entire 11-pages, and digest all the opinions. I underwent heart bypass surgery on March 22, and I got my Johnson & Johnson vaccine shot this morning. I still feel like I got hit by a cement truck from the heart surgery, but I'm glad I was finally able to get the vaccine. At 64-years-old, I'm not afraid of it. Now, if I was a young woman with children in my future, I may have been more hesitant. As some have mentioned, when I was in the service and on my way to Asia, and Africa, I got hit with vaccination guns in both arms twice. All my kids (5) seem normal, and their kids (4) also seem normal. I just became a Great Grandfather in February, and little Cameron seems normal as well. If you are under 65, in good health, are not obese, or have diabetes or heart problems then you "probably" won't die from Covid. Best of luck to you all!

Terry: 

Glad to hear your doing good, especially after a bypass surgery. Heal up sir! Remember to keep your heart pillow close and dont push it. Keep that sternum together :)
Tom H. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Of course, I will differ, but then we are just repeating  ourselves. 

The Covid Blog

How many people will die if they don't take the vaccine?

• Like 1