Nugget Shooter Forums

4 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

However, Covid would be able to cause an infection again once the cold had passed and the immune response calmed down.

Dr Murcia said: "Vaccination, plus hygiene measures, plus the interactions between viruses could lower the incidence of Sars-CoV-2 heavily, but the maximum effect will come from vaccination."

All true Luke but the COVID vaccines take weeks to create partial immunity against potential infection or reinfection. None of the COVID vaccines treat existing infections.

Rhinovirus has not been proposed as a vaccine against COVID. Comparing the eventual partial immunity of the COVID vaccines to the very real and immediate effect of rhinovirus on existing COVID 19 disease is to compare apples and oranges.

The rhinovirus (common cold) infection stops existing COVID 19 infections in their tracks, eliminating the disease and it's effects. It is the only known effective and natural treatment for existing COVID 19 disease infections as well as protecting (in real time) against Sars-Cov-2 exposure.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok this topic should of never been allowed because this is the Prospector's Lounge, this topic has nothing to do with prospecting...but we have allowed other "off topic" topics to be posted in this se

Before i went to Vietnam, my company lined up and we went through a gontlet, shots with an air injector in both arms, I think we got around 6 shots all on the same day, for different thing, Never hurt

Ok so i have a cure for this thread!!!! If you want the vaccine get it!! If you dont want it, dont get it!! See, cleared that up in 4 sentences not 12 pages. Wow!

Posted Images

I just copied and pasted directly from the article you provided.

Prevention should always be preferred to treatment.  In this case, simple mask wearing is an effective countermeasure against the spread of the virus.  Since people don't want to wear masks forever, vaccination will help to ensure infection rates get down to an acceptable level.

Personally, I never put much thought into treatments for the virus because I put the effort into prevention.

• Like 3

So things got dicey last night about midnight. Chills and rigors. I was shaking so bad I chipped a tooth.

It lasted about 6 hours. I couldn't move without having a shaking shivering fit. I soaked the bed in the most awful smelling sweat imaginable. Im just getting up and around.

It's over now and I feel good. Exhausted but good.

Clay can share lollipops with infected children as "treatment" all he wants. If you actually believe this is a real way to prevent coronavirus in the masses then more power to you.

I have a sexy antibody that can rip spike proteins out by the roots. Man I paid for it last night. I'm sure glad that is over. 

Back in January of 2020 before coronavirus had really hit I was having trouble with that hernia mesh. There was three nights that I felt awful and achy. I had a fever and severe rigors. I thought the hernia mesh was infected. I'll bet money that it was coronavirus. It was EXACTLY like last night but lasted for a week with three nights that was just miserable. It took another week to shake the exhaustion. Who knows what it was. But after last night im pretty convinced I had something very similar to coronavirus over a year ago.

I'm figuring the worst is over. I'm in good spirits and hungry as a horse. The last 12 hours are just a blur. 

I'm going to eat, take a shower and put some clean sheets on the bed. Then im getting right back in it until tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1
  • wow 2

I received my first shot of Pfizer last Monday without any side effects at all. I go back on April 12th for my 2nd. My sister received her first today as well with no side effects so far.

I just wonder what it is about our bodies immune system that determines what kind of response you'll get from a vaccine shot. Could genetics play a part?  The answer is probably very complicated and it may be a long time before they come up with definitive answers.

Edited by Morlock
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Morlock said:

I received my first shot of Pfizer last Monday without any side effects at all. I go back on April 12th for my 2nd. My sister received her first today as well with no side effects so far.

I just wonder what it is about our bodies immune system that determines what kind of response you'll get from a vaccine shot. Could genetics play a part?  The answer is probably very complicated and it may be a long before they come up with definitive answers.

They say the stronger your immune system the worse the reaction to the vaccine. I have also heard that younger people and ladies generally have a worse reaction.

If you have had coronavirus before the vaccine is supposed to be much worse too.

That is just what I have been able to gather from various sources. And it seems to play out fairly accurately based on people I know who have got vaccinated.

I hope that second shot goes well. But if you feel like warmed over schist and have a night of rigors dont worry too much about it. You are growing a sexy antibody and that is exactly what is supposed to happen when your body is exposed to a fragment of that virus RNA.

• Like 2

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot a week ago. Had mild headaches and was a bit tired for 6 days. I feel like I'm back to normal now.   

• Like 2

So sad at how gullible Americans have become..

If you took the Moronic vaccine, Best to keep it to yourself because it makes you look like a smug prick and Sensible/un-brainwashed people are sick of hearing about it... My Wife is an E.R. Nurse at Banner in Phoenix..She and many of her coworkers, Dr.s will NOT be taking that fools concoction and KNOW that this whole C19 thing is not what they are claiming... Skewed statistics, Fake tests and masks that do NOTHING but smother you...Perhaps it’s a CCP/leftist Fear propaganda campaign ..(divide and conquer)... Regardless, It's not what they claim and the “Vaccine” does not “Vaccinate”.. Read the pamphlets..(BTW..CDC IS JUST A CORPORATION THAT OWNS VACCINE PATENTS AND MAKES CASH FOR ...?...REALLY!.. Look into it..) 

So sad...

(sorry if I offended but This is a big deal, Freedom is literally at stake)..

Edited by NOAgenda2130
Spell
  • Haha 1
  • well done 2
8 minutes ago, NOAgenda2130 said:

So sad...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I hope that you fare well.  :yikes:

Old Tom

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot a week ago. Had mild headaches and was a bit tired for 6 days. I feel like I'm back to normal now.   

I'm tired too. That is about the only lingering symptom after the first night. 

Your body is working hard at a cellular level. That stuff is no joke. The virus OR the vaccine.

I heard on NPR about the results of the first study on the effectiveness of the vaccine in the general population. It sounds promising.

Both Moderna and Pfizer has an 80% protection from infection after just the first shot. And in the high 90's after the second. So not only does it keep you from getting sick but it also stops infection. That means it will most likely stop transmission too. 

Who knows what that vaccine might do? It's wicked stuff. It made me sick enough to realize it was no joke. Could it have done damage? Sure, I suppose it could have. We will just have to wait and see.

Everyone has to weigh the pros and cons for themselves. It's not easy. I sell my crafts to folks in a crowd. I must talk to 200 people a day to make a living. Many vendors have been sick down at the Saturday markets trying to make a living. So immunity is valuable to me and will help put dinner on the table.

If my son and my elderly parents were not a factor I would probably wait a while to get the vaccine. Or maybe not get it at all if I had a different job. In ordinary circumstances I don't take anything I don't absolutely have to.

For me the risk of future problems from an unproven biological agent seems a lot less than risking a 2 week sickness that could endanger my health. Or the health of my family. But that is a risk that is no doubt a reality.

We are going to start getting data on side effects. And if the vaccine is frying people's brains or something we are going to know. A bazillion people are going to be vaccinated soon. If it is going to cause problems we are going to hear about it. So far the serious side effects are few and far between. 

I'm drinking lots of water and taking naps in the hammock. Petting the dog and tending the tomato starts. That will cure any problems the vaccine may have caused. And the vaccine will take care of any problems the virus may cause. So I figure it is all good.

I hope you are feeling good and getting all rested up Slim. You will need all your energy for our next argument. I want you in top shape where nobody can say im picking on you. So until then cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/27/2021 at 6:02 PM, Morlock said:

I just wonder what it is about our bodies immune system that determines what kind of response you'll get from a vaccine shot. Could genetics play a part?  The answer is probably very complicated and it may be a long before they come up with definitive answers.

For those of you who might want to celebrate with a drink after your vaccination shots, it's advisable not to.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/can-you-drink-alcohol-after-covid-19-vaccine

• Like 2
12 hours ago, NOAgenda2130 said:

So sad at how gullible Americans have become..

If you took the Moronic vaccine, Best to keep it to yourself because it makes you look like a smug prick and Sensible/un-brainwashed people are sick of hearing about it... My Wife is an E.R. Nurse at Banner in Phoenix..She and many of her coworkers, Dr.s will NOT be taking that fools concoction and KNOW that this whole C19 thing is not what they are claiming... Skewed statistics, Fake tests and masks that do NOTHING but smother you...Perhaps it’s a CCP/leftist Fear propaganda campaign ..(divide and conquer)... Regardless, It's not what they claim and the “Vaccine” does not “Vaccinate”.. Read the pamphlets..(BTW..CDC IS JUST A CORPORATION THAT OWNS VACCINE PATENTS AND MAKES CASH FOR ...?...REALLY!.. Look into it..) 

So sad...

(sorry if I offended but This is a big deal, Freedom is literally at stake)..

What a giant fool you are buddy. I bet you wear something frilly under your body armor.

• Sad 1
  • well done 3
40 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

What a giant fool you are buddy. I bet you wear something frilly under your body armor.

Obviously a troll.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well I guess I'm a smug prick.  :D

I'm in good company though.  Everyone I know with more than a couple brain cells has been, or is planning to be vaccinated.

I'll be in line for the booster next year if that's what it takes.  :thumbsupanim

164245749_3783730815057934_9130150263082541565_n.jpg

Edited by LukeJ
Some people are dumb.
  • Like 4

I got my second shot yesterday of the Moderna vaccine and so far feels the same as the first shot, nothing the first day and the arm is a little sore starting on the following day. I guess it can take up to a few days for symptoms to appear but so far no big deal, nothing.

• Like 3
On 2/26/2021 at 9:48 AM, clay said:

Valley Fever is a fungal disease DarkSilicate, not a virus. It's treated with anti fungal medications - not antibiotics. It can be a serious fungal infection, I'm sorry you suffered from it.

Anti fungal and antibiotic medications don't treat virus infections. Neither do vaccines. Vaccines are intended to boost natural immunity to viruses, they don't treat or kill the virus itself.

If you feel better getting vaccinated go for it. As Bob pointed out you, your friends, neighbors and other taxpayers are already funding any of the several vaccines being made available.

Drywashers should be careful with this one, especially women who are pregnant. Valley fever can cause fetal damage and is also associated with miscarriages.  It can also cause lung scaring and other organ damage if it spreads.  Although many of us who live in the Southwest may have already been exposed and have antibodies for it and may not even realize having it, It can be a bad disease and is another reason why one should mask up when drywashing or doing anything that brings up dust in the Southwest.

I also just got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday and had a fever last night from it.  Other than that it was OK, and not as bad as my 2nd shingles immunization - that one was the worse, I slept for almost two days straight with fevers but that was still far better than what some people get with shingles.

And it certainly wasn't as bad as what my brother went through when he had H1N1 flu, he never got flu vaccinations before and got really sick one year and ended up spending a month on a ventilator in a ICU with H1N1.  Pretty sad too, because now his lungs are wrecked with scars and he could have avoided all that by just getting a flu shot.  

Edited by GotAU?
  • Like 2

In the office of 11 I work in, two have valley fever.  They both don’t know how they picked it up.  THey are not the outdoors type people, but they do smoke.  One was hospitalized and at first the docs thought it was lung cancer until a biopsy was done/

Valley fever may be more common than we think.

4 hours ago, chrisski said:

In the office of 11 I work in, two have valley fever.  They both don’t know how they picked it up.  THey are not the outdoors type people, but they do smoke.  One was hospitalized and at first the docs thought it was lung cancer until a biopsy was done/

Valley fever may be more common than we think.

Here we have huge pecan orchards. In the past five years they have changed the way they harvest. They blow, sweep and vacuum the ground three times in the harvesting process. It creates an ENORMOUS dust cloud over the entire valley. 

For many years during harvest (November) people have been getting sick. At first they thought is was just seasonal flu or allergies. Then it became clear that farm workers were getting it during pecan harvest more than anyone else. Especially those that worked around the pecan cleaning equipment that uses big blowers to separate and clean the nuts.

Back then they harvested a lot differently and didn't create much dust except for around the cleaning plants. About five years ago they started using these big brush sweeper/blower machines that create this giant dust cloud. There can be several dozen running in an areas and this continues for weeks. 

Now there are a lot of problems. Not only fungal issues but dust and allergen problems.

Valley Fever is diagnosed more often now. No doubt many cases of "Pecan Fever" are actually Valley Fever that has been mis diagnosed or un diagnosed. 

Last winter was not too bad though. Everyone says the dust hardy even bothered them this year. Even people who really suffer with allergies say they think they did better.

I think it is the masks. We probably don't breathe half the dust and allergens we did in years past. That couldn't be bad. 

I am used to protecting my airway. I have been in construction and mining all my life and wearing PPE comes with the territory. It is just second nature to get your mask or respirator on when you have any airborne hazard floating around. You are expected to work in areas that may have all kinds of hazards and you are required to use the appropriate protection.

So responding to the airborne threat of virus, fungus, and allergens in public settings or while at home is not a new concept. I have no problem wearing an appropriate mask on or off the job. It just makes sense to me.

About 20 years ago I started using a face mask in the cold weather. I drove an open top Land Cruiser and it worked great. I wear one hunting too. It helps keep me warm while I'm still and camoflauges my face. 

10 years ago I started using a gaiter over my face on the boat to keep my face from sunburn. And I liked it so much I started using it detecting and rockhounding too. Especially in the wind. 

I use a homemade cloth face mask under a lycra gaiter any time I'm in public. And I will continue to do that for the foreseeable future. I'll wear it drywashing, fishing, in cold weather, in the wind, in dusty conditions, when sweeping the shop floor, when digging in the garden, and any other time there may be a particulate problem.

Most of all I wear my mask when driving in town when there is no airborne hazard. It really bothers a lot of people. I like that. It is an added benefit of the mask that makes me want to wear one all the time.

143422029_3778078912257125_4018581720347877769_n.jpg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Most of all I wear my mask when driving in town when there is no airborne hazard. It really bothers a lot of people. I like that. It is an added benefit of the mask that makes me want to wear one all the time.

143422029_3778078912257125_4018581720347877769_n.jpg

Do you wear your mask when posting on the forums bob?
I can picture a bush doctor with a neck gaiter and a bone thru his nose.

:laught16:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

Do you wear your mask when posting on the forums bob?
I can picture a bush doctor with a neck gaiter and a bone thru his nose.

:laught16:

Did you notice the shrunken heads hanging from my belt Slim?

One of them is yours.

:4chsmu1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mask thug for life here, i too have always worn a mask being involved with some type of construction, surrounded by unhealthy air it just makes sense. :) 

• Like 3

I think this is a compelling article on the dangers of the experimental biologic agent 

It was written by the XO  of the Association  of American  Physicians  and Surgeons 

https://aapsonline.org/

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
23 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I think this is a compelling article on the dangers of the experimental biologic agent 

It was written by the XO  of the Association  of American  Physicians  and Surgeons 

We are going to find out aren't we?

How many millions of people have been or will be vaccinated? Regardless of how you may feel about the vaccine or its distribution it is being "tested" on a very wide scale. Only time will tell if the vaccine helps or hurts. 

We already know with certainty that the vaccine produces a strong and lasting immune response to a disease that within one year became the third biggest killer. We don't know yet if the vaccine causes any serious complications long term. We do know with certainty it does not produce any more complication short term than other vaccines. So with the little experience we do have it seems safe.

Sure, there are a lot of unknowns with the vaccine as well as the virus. And people are well aware of these risks when they get the vaccine. The information is available and it is the patients responsibility to avail themselves of that information before they accept the vaccine.

The same goes for eating processed food, banging heroin or gobbling up nutritional supplements by the double hand full. No one really knows the long term effects nor the benefits and people make their own decisions based on whatever knowledge, instinct or belief they choose.

It is a lot like serving in the military, police force or as a first responder. You really don't know what the net outcome is going to be but you make your decision and go forward with the "experiment" hoping it will make a difference because you believe that you CAN make a difference and it is worth the risk. 

It does not always pan out if you take the risk. But if you refuse to do anything you resign yourself to not fighting the battle at all. And for many people simply doing nothing for fear of bad outcomes is just not an option.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

The author of this article is a medical kook, one with an agenda.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-dr-jane-m-orient-doctor-opposed-mandatory-vaccinations-testify-before-senate-committee-1552734
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1

Some people have an agenda to ridicule  without basis.

I have an agenda ,too, to oppose mandatory vaccinations and to not take experimental  biologic  agents.