Nugget Shooter Forums

I got the “Moderna” shot #1 this past Saturday and the first day, I halfway thought I might have been injected with a placebo because I had no reaction...not even injection site soreness....yesterday, I woke up and the injection site was a little sore...not bad, but I could definitely tell that I’d gotten a shot. Last night, I slept a full 9 hrs. and the funny thing is, I think I’m seeing some unexpected beneficial side effects....chest congestion from COPD seems significantly better, my alertness sharper and a funny sense of subdued well being.... I know that the vaccine doesn’t start working right off the bat and I honestly don’t think what I’m currently experiencing is psychological....I’ll keep y’all posted but am wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience???

• Like 4
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so i have a cure for this thread!!!! If you want the vaccine get it!! If you dont want it, dont get it!! See, cleared that up in 4 sentences not 12 pages. Wow!

Before i went to Vietnam, my company lined up and we went through a gontlet, shots with an air injector in both arms, I think we got around 6 shots all on the same day, for different thing, Never hurt

I got the “Moderna” shot #1 this past Saturday and the first day, I halfway thought I might have been injected with a placebo because I had no reaction...not even injection site soreness....yesterday,

Posted Images

The second shot will cause a lot more reaction. I have not had one yet but everyone I know that has received a second shot has been sick, feverish, aches and pains, runny nose etc. for a day or two after.

My elderly parents felt nothing at all. But everyone in the younger bunch says it is pretty rough after the second dose for a short period. 

Im hoping to get a chance at one soon. Here in New Mexico they are only allowing first responders, elderly and high risk to receive vaccines. All the shots are controlled by the State. 30 miles away in Texas just about anyone can get one if they compete for it. You have to know where shots are available and be there early to stand in line. There are no guarantees you can get one and many people try for days before they get one. And then the second dose is no guarantee either. It is basically a free for all and a lot of people wont be able to get the second dose on time or maybe not at all.

They say the single dose J&J vaccine will be offered soon. If people are going to have to compete for vaccine with no guarantee of a second dose this is probably worth waiting for. 

It will be at least another 5-6 weeks before I could get either vaccine without traveling out of state. But im not too worried as both my elderly parents and my daughter in law are all fully vaccinated. My son and I are the only ones that have not been able to get one yet. We are both really careful and double masking and figure we can hold out a long as it takes.

Yeah, I get a little angry about the lack of planning and inconsistency of priority of getting vaccinated....I’m 69 so I qualified in my COUNTY, but in a couple of neighboring counties, the supposed age minimum for us old folks is 70......the funny thing is, is that I got the shot at a Rite-Aid in Stanislaus county and I live in Tuolumne County...I registered for the shot on a Rite Aid web site that was linked to a state web site that was a redirect from our county health department web site..... another thing that puzzles me is how I feel today... I haven’t felt this good in years and from my understanding of how this vaccine works, there’s no way that how I’m feeling could possibly be related to getting this shot other than psychological....

• Like 3

I got mine first one at the Fresno Va, no side effects, I get my second one on the 5th, My wife got hers in Merced at the Mercy hospital, No side effects either, we are both heart patients and both have diabetes, she gets her second shot on the 10th. and we are both 72 years young. Grubstake

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I will not be taking  any Experimental Biologic Agents.

Afraid of needles?

:DWhen I give blood   I watch when the needle goes in.

I have no faith in pharmaceutical  industry and am not afraid of a little Kung flu.

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
4 hours ago, grubstake said:

I got mine first one at the Fresno Va, no side effects, I get my second one on the 5th, My wife got hers in Merced at the Mercy hospital, No side effects either, we are both heart patients and both have diabetes, she gets her second shot on the 10th. and we are both 72 years young. Grubstake

I took my mom on Saturday morning. She is 93. 

My 96 year old stepfather got his second shot last week. 

I think older folks don't have much trouble with the vaccine. They say the stronger your immune system the stronger your reaction to that second shot. People in their 20's and 30's are feeling lots of side effects but older people don't seem to have much trouble with it.

I have known several people who have had covid and it is no joke. Most folks hardly even knew they were sick. But a couple people died from it and a half dozen got sick bad. My sister in law was on oxygen for a week and has severely damaged lungs. 

A good buddy of mine lost his 30 year old grandson last month to covid. He was a combat vet and a police officer in Houston. He felt sick one evening and died the next day. 

It's like rolling the dice. It seems about one person in five get real sick and the rest get over it in a week or don't even notice they are sick.

• Like 1

Before i went to Vietnam, my company lined up and we went through a gontlet, shots with an air injector in both arms, I think we got around 6 shots all on the same day, for different thing, Never hurt me a bit! Grubstake

• Like 5

"shots with an air injector in both arms"

Man that brings back memories.  I remember looking at my left shoulder as I walked away from those shots and seeing some of it coming back out.  All those shots didn't keep me from getting dysentery as soon as I got over there. : (  

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, DarkSilicate said:

All those shots didn't keep me from getting dysentery as soon as I got over there. : (  

Access to clean water and soap helps. I dont imagine there was much of that in the jungle.

I think that and cholera were the greatest causes of death during the great Western migration  along the Oregon trail.

I was on a base so we did have clean water and soap, however, the people washing the vegetables in the chow hall must have skipped the clean water part.  I think there was around 30 of us new to the base that all got sick the first week in country.  Not a good memory.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, grubstake said:

I think we got around 6 shots all on the same day, 

Sounds like one of the  days of Marine bootcamp, for me, in '86.

Then, before going over to Camp Foster in '88, there were several, if I recall correctly.

A bunch before that under the parents Kaiser plan, that every kid growing up in the 60's would go through at that time, as required by the DOE AMA, and local school boards.

I had the  Chicken pox ,Mumps infections, though, and came out fine.

Every little cut or injury,  I'd be carted off to the hospital for a Tetanus  shot,  or the booster shot.

'88 was the last vaccine shots I received.

12 hours ago, DarkSilicate said:

... the people washing the vegetables in the chow hall must have skipped the clean water part. ...

Or someone sick in the scullery  , low  or fluctuating pressures in the water supply piping to the kitchen and scullery. ,or heads.

Back in the day ,  laudnum was not a rare medicine  for folks to use when afflicted with dysentary.

Did you just gut it out and it went away or, got a big dose of antibiotic / penicillin in your 6?

One of those, I remember , maybe 25 yrs back hurt more than the cat that bit me on the knuckle, to the bone.

I went out of the hospital with bad limp. :desertsmile:That intramuscular  antibiotic hurt like :WOW:< (me screaming).  That cat bite was no joke, as the knuckle started  swelling quickly, as well as my hand, just not so fast, sort of a spreading heat. The AB  in the 6 stopped all that.

:old:Hazard pay should be required  for bathing  a cat.

19 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Sounds like one of the  days of Marine bootcamp, for me, in '86.

Then, before going over to Camp Foster in '88, there were several, if I recall correctly.

A bunch afore that under the parents Kaiser plan, that every kid growing up in the 60's would go through, Polio,TB ,and whatever req'd at that time by the DOE and AMA.

I had the  Chicken pox ,Mumps infections, and came out fine.

Every little cut or injury,  I'd be carted off to the hospital for a Tetanus  shot,  or the booster shot.

'88 was the last vaccine shots I received.

I suspected that childhood trauma was the cause of your problems. It is wonderful that you feel comfortable enough to share this with the group.

I'm sure it was difficult to have parents with a health plan and access to vaccinations. I couldn't imagine the horror you went through growing up in an environment like that.

• Hmmmmmm 1
  • wow 1
20 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I suspected that childhood trauma was the cause of your problems. It is wonderful that you feel comfortable enough to share this with the group.

I'm sure it was difficult to have parents with a health plan and access to vaccinations. I couldn't imagine the horror you went through growing up in an environment like that.

You misread me ,your Proterozoicness .

We're sharing about shots, aren't we?

Where is the horror ?

I don't see the need in my case, bob, to take THIS experimental biologic agent.

The vaccines from '88 and before were taken,  willingly.

Not much bothered by cold or flu.

53 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I don't see the need in my case, bob, to take THIS experimental biologic agent.

The vaccines from '88 and before were taken,  willingly.

Not much bothered by cold or flu.

It is not uncommon for childhood trauma to manifest itself later in life. This would explain why you began having these feelings in the late 80's.

We all have fears and insecurities my friend. To be able to express yours here on this forum is a huge step toward recovery. It must have been very difficult for you.

I'm sure your story will help other forum members who have similar problems with vaccinations.

Good luck my friend. And God bless.

The only feelings I have are that I don't need a shot in  my arm everytime a new boogey man is trotted out.

I don' t fault those that do.

Some have said that  the "vaccine" doesn't meet the technical definition. As such, the phrase, experimental  biologic  agent, comes to mind.

36 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

The only feelings I have are that I don't need a shot in  my arm everytime a new boogey man is trotted out.

Some have said that  the "vaccine" doesn't meet the technical definition. As such, the phrase, experimental  biologic  agent, comes to mind.

You don't need to justify your decisions to us. You have made it clear you are not getting the vaccine and that is just groovy.

We will accept you with all your flaws and fears. We are after all just humans.

Is there anything else you need to get off your chest about vaccines? We're here to listen if you feel the need to expound.

Thanks, bob.  Your concern for my well being is heartening .

Your  opinion that it is a problem to have a healthy cynical skepticism  toward  big Pharma makes me want to return the favor.

18 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Actually, I’m pretty sure it does meet the technical definition....the only difference is that instead of using a dead virus, only a piece of “spike protein” from the corona part of the virus is used... that’s a dumbed down explanation, but it’s what the mRNA vaccines do and even though the technology is considered new, it’s been used in other vaccines....everybody has the freedom of choice as far as I’m concerned. No way I’d fault someone for not thinking the way I do.....

• Like 2