Nugget Shooter Forums

Mineral Park Story

mn90403

Interesting read!

I have a question, I thought I knew of most all types pf gold recovery devices and methods....but in that article it mentioned gravity recovery devices......"Horn spoons, gold pans, sluice boxes are all methods that are based on gravity " the first one a horn spoon I have never heard of and didn't find any information or photos doing an internet search, has anyone ever heard of a horn spoon, if so can you elaborate and possibly post some photos of one??

1 hour ago, Au Seeker said:

Interesting read!

I have a question, I thought I knew of most all types pf gold recovery devices and methods....but in that article it mentioned gravity recovery devices......"Horn spoons, gold pans, sluice boxes are all methods that are based on gravity " the first one a horn spoon I have never heard of and didn't find any information or photos doing an internet search, has anyone ever heard of a horn spoon, if so can you elaborate and possibly post some photos of one??

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/horn spoon

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Some of you may have worked at Mineral Park but here is a good little story about the area in Mohave County.

https://kdminer.com/news/2021/feb/06/mohave-county-geology-concentrate/ 

I'm familiar with Mineral Park as being the source of the world famous Kingman turquoise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I would like to look at that PBS documentary online but I can't find it.

American Experience: The Gold Rush by Randall MacLowry

It's available but you have to pay for it. $24.99 for the DVD.

There's another documentary from PBS called the The Klondike Gold Rush and that's available on Amazon Prime as a rental for $3.99.

• Thanks 1