Nugget Shooter Forums

A couple of years ago, an area I’d been prospecting gold for and found none, around an old test tunnel that I think was dig for manganese was later claimed for lithium.  Still no mining activity there, but perhaps it’s a legit claim.

Things other than gold are out there.  Nearly all out there are just impossible to develop by a small miner, so most of us do not know what to look for.

3 hours ago, chrisski said:

A couple of years ago, an area I’d been prospecting gold for and found none, around an old test tunnel that I think was dig for manganese was later claimed for lithium.  Still no mining activity there, but perhaps it’s a legit claim.

Things other than gold are out there.  Nearly all out there are just impossible to develop by a small miner, so most of us do not know what to look for.

You should get yourself a good battery operated SW fluorescent mineral lamp and prospect for specimens. Arizona is a great state to look for them. There's roughly 10,000 collectors in the USA so that's not a small market and some of those specimens can go for $200 to $300 and up. Everyone searches for gold but I would bet you've walked over fluorescent "gold" without even knowing it.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

A good article on Lithium. If we had processing capabilities here in the U.S. It would be the new gold rush.

https://clearpath.org/energy-101/supply-chain-for-lithium-and-critical-minerals-is-critical/

Aloha Snackbar, Bob

We have processing capabilities,  just not on the scale of the main player. 

I didn't realize that they are extracting Li directly from the hydrothermal  brine at the Salton Sea. No evap ponds required, just some sort of proprietary  ion exchange tech.

I wonder if Tesla's new million  mile battery can be quick charged like Toyota's new, solid-state Li battery can be- reputedly  in 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I wonder if Tesla's new million  mile battery can be quick charged like Toyota's new, solid-state Li battery can be- reputedly  in 10 minutes.

Toyota's game-changing solid-state battery en route for 2021 debut - Nikkei Asia 

• Like 1