Nugget Shooter Forums

Happy Birthday Oregal1976

Happy Birthday Gal!  I remember you saying that your birthday was on Christmas day.  Better get out and make some posts.  

Old Tom

Thank you! :) 

As much as I have been wanting to get out & find more nuggets, I blame the pandemic. Detecting is one of the safest activities there is & at least I would get some exercise, fresh air and sunshine while hunting nuggets -- all of which I really need. The irony is that the little bit of work I'm still doing at home isn't paying enough to cover my basic expenses, so there hasn't been enough money to pay for gas to actually go anywhere. But hey, I'm still virus free and happy. My son Brian (the EMT) has been swamped at work and has had to transport a lot of Covid patients since this whole mess started but he has stayed healthy even though his partner on the ambulance team has been sick for a month. He has been very diligent as far as taking every precaution in order to keep us both safe here at home. Hopefully 2021 will be a much better year, with vaccinations and an economic U-turn. I really miss you guys and I would love to be able to go to another Nugget Shooter outing soon.

I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas and I wish you all a wonderful New Year with pockets full of the yellow stuff!

Lisa

• Like 3

Happy Birthday! Wait until you get to Social Security, if you're not there already. I'll be 65 in March. I took mine early and it's about 30+ years behind the average wages an ordinary person could earn (such as factory worker).

On 12/28/2020 at 5:28 AM, Red_desert said:

Happy Birthday! Wait until you get to Social Security, if you're not there already. I'll be 65 in March. I took mine early and it's about 30+ years behind the average wages an ordinary person could earn (such as factory worker).

Thanks! I'm not quite there yet but I plan on filing early even though I know I'd get about $300/mo more if I waited a few more years. I just can't see the point in waiting in my particular case but I know I'll get by okay because I still have my VA (Partial) Disability Comp. & I'll still be able to work part-time if I want or need to, without having to pay a penalty. I'm pretty sure my current part-time job will continue long enough to overlap with social security when I'm eligible. With any luck at all I'll be back to making at least $500 extra every month once the pandemic situation settles down - hopefully sometime in mid-2021. In the meantime, I'm making due with the help of one of my sons who has been sharing my apartment with me for about 3 years & splitting household expenses. Some of our members met him at the last outing I/we attended. As much as I'd LOVE to have my privacy & my own place again, I'm grateful that he's here & helping out while times are tough. :)

Lisa