Nugget Shooter Forums

Found a really nice piece!

3 hours ago, NvAuMiner said:

Hey Kyle, Every time I start out I'm like this >:hiker: and always end up like this  >:olddude:  The one thing I'm guaranteed to find when time I'm out swinging. . . is a back ache.  I still think I do alright for an almost old-fart w/two back surgery's under their belt.

Rest up -n- get after it . . .

Roger that. My brain still thinks I am 20, but the body says 48. Too many trips over the handlebars of a motorcycle, too many hay bales thrown, too many transmissions and engine blocks carried around. They all add up to no cartilidge left between the facet joints in my back. The doc told me the couldn't fix it with surgery, and I told him "Good, you aren't cutting into my back until I am crawling into your office, soaked in sweat, and screaming in pain"

He didn't appreciate the humor😆

I will be hitting it hard tomorrow. Today is reserved for beer and a heating pad👍

Regards, Kyle

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • wow 1

You could try what, they are going to put in my wifes back, its got two wires that they feed up the spine through a 1 inch incission, and has a pacemaker like thing, that they put in your hip muscel and it tells your brain your not in pain, Wife is getting hers next month, my daughter has one, and it works great. Grubstake

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, grubstake said:

You could try what, they are going to put in my wifes back, its got two wires that they feed up the spine through a 1 inch incission, and has a pacemaker like thing, that they put in your hip muscel and it tells your brain your not in pain, Wife is getting hers next month, my daughter has one, and it works great. Grubstake

I think I've heard about that somewhere. If it gets so bad I can't handle it anymore I will remeber to ask a doc about that.

I have a major aversion to surgery or pain meds, but something like that device is interesting.

Thanks for the heads up👍

Regards, Kyle

Its called an SCSSpinal Cord Stimulator,  made bt Mettonics, and it interupts the pain signals, it is covered by most insurance, and the batteries last 9 years, its like a pacemaker, For your spine, Its A neurostimulator, wife can't have surgery on her back either, its a in and out proceedure. Grubstaker

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 7:14 PM, Trailertrash said:

Thanks!

I hear ya on the shovel, and so does my back :)

I do plan to take some samples out of the bedrock and run it through my buddy's sluice.

Still in Nevada, haven't tried my hand at AZ yet!

Regards, Kyle

Very nice find, Kyle.  Tom is right ... when you find a spot like that, spend some time removing rock and overburden.  Ive been in spots where old timers threw out the rocks and then stopped.  I continued throwing out the rocks and dug a little and found a good bit of gold.  

Also note any mines in the area, and contact zones.  They all seem to give a piece of the puzzle.

But great job!!

Andyy

• Thanks 1
On 12/7/2020 at 11:35 AM, grubstake said:

Its called an SCSSpinal Cord Stimulator,  made bt Mettonics, and it interupts the pain signals, it is covered by most insurance, and the batteries last 9 years, its like a pacemaker, For your spine, Its A neurostimulator, wife can't have surgery on her back either, its a in and out proceedure. Grubstaker

PEMS has helped me and my wife.

And supplemental Vital Proteins collagen peptides. Note that Vit C is intrumental in tissue repair to keep the scurvy away.

Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Stimulation, ...a local outfit markets them in Carlsbad,CA.  The're one of many that make PEMS devices, big and small. Some are like a yoga mat you lay on.

No shock, no electrodes( it is not electro stim w/ the patches, cords).

Jjust charge it like a cellphone and it goes for 20 hrs in 1.5 hour maximum intervals. Then it turns off until you kick it on again.

You can pretty much strap it on anywhere with the provided Ace-type, velcro adjustable "bandage", :89:but is not rec'd around your neck.

It's about the size of Dick Tracy's wrist gizmo.

• Like 2
On 12/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, Andyy said:

Very nice find, Kyle.  Tom is right ... when you find a spot like that, spend some time removing rock and overburden.  Ive been in spots where old timers threw out the rocks and then stopped.  I continued throwing out the rocks and dug a little and found a good bit of gold.  

Also note any mines in the area, and contact zones.  They all seem to give a piece of the puzzle.

But great job!!

Andyy

Thanks for the tips! I've been back over the wash about 10 times now, with both the 17x13, and 12x8 coils. Even poked around with the Equinox for awhile. I will try digging a bit, and see if that does the trick!

I have been avoiding doing much digging, and trying to hide from passing rigs. Both pieces came from spots less than 100' from a main dirt road. Guess everybody else was in a hurry to get to "where the gold must be", and never bothered to check this wash.

Now that I am confident the easy chunks are safely in my stash, I can be a little more visible.

Anybody else here hide behind a rock when a couple Jeeps roll by, after you just found a decent chunk?😂

Regards, Kyle

• Like 2
On 12/28/2020 at 8:51 AM, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

PEMS has helped me and my wife.

And supplemental Vital Proteins collagen peptides. Note that Vit C is intrumental in tissue repair to keep the scurvy away.

Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Stimulation, ...a local outfit markets them in Carlsbad,CA.  The're one of many that make PEMS devices, big and small. Some are like a yoga mat you lay on.

No shock, no electrodes( it is not electro stim w/ the patches, cords).

Jjust charge it like a cellphone and it goes for 20 hrs in 1.5 hour maximum intervals. Then it turns off until you kick it on again.

You can pretty much strap it on anywhere with the provided Ace-type, velcro adjustable "bandage", :89:but is not rec'd around your neck.

It's about the size of Dick Tracy's wrist gizmo.

I will look into that. Anything other than knives and narcotics is a welcome tip for sure.

If it comes with a remote, I'll have to hide it from the Wife.

The evil is strong, in that one👍

Regards, Kyle