Nugget Shooter Forums

Large amount of burned silver and a few gold coins

4 hours ago, Terre McPhail said:

yes, But I don't know if it's true. I have come across some Gold colored Sacagawea coins. This lot of coins was given to me. 

The Sacagawea dollar coins are not gold, they are just regular coins just gold colored, they're only worth $1 each.

Are you sure the "silver" coins are real silver, can you see any dates on them, most any coins dated after 1964 is not silver?   

• Like 1

My advice would be to take everything to your local gold and jewelry buyers, pawn shops to see what they might offer for everything. The more places you take it to, the better idea you'll get value wise..Then take the best offer if you're happy with it.. Impossible for anyone here to give you a value without being able to see everything in person.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Terre McPhail said:

Thank you Morlock. I was ready to dump them in the River.

I have also found some beautiful arrowheads in the container!

Lol.. don't dump them into a river. I'm sure they have value...but perhaps not as much as you expect. Just need to go out and see what kind of offers you get.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Terre McPhail said:

Thank you Morlock. I was ready to dump them in the River.

I have also found some beautiful arrowheads in the container!

No don't dump them in the river:ROFL:, you still don't know exactly what you have.

If you do have any silver coins, here's a website that will tell you the value of the silver in the coins, A.K.A. "melt value"...but as I mentioned you will need to determine the dates on the coins to see if you have any "silver" coins dated 1964 or before, anything after that most likely only have face value.

Look for the list of "silver coins value"

http://www.coinflation.com/

That being said some silver coins may have much higher collector's value well above the "melt value".

the following website will tell you what coins are worth from a collector's view...but these prices are for "graded coins" which is when someone has a coin that has a good collector's value they can send it to either this company or a few others and have them appraised by their coin experts, which is known as grading for condition, a coin that is graded will bring more money from collectors than the same coin would that is not graded, many times as much as 25% or more, so the prices you see will make your non-graded coin/s worth less by the same percentage depending on condition.

https://www.pcgs.com/prices/

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...