Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi, to all.

One thing I have observed with most of the forum members is that they have learnt meteorite identification in one way, that is all -they don't want to be left handed at an old age- mind you,  meteorite come in all shapes, size, colour, and texture. Not always smooth, velvet leather like expectation.

Meteorites don't always look like the  one you have seen  in your local museum.

This one fell, while with friends in my thatched 'makuti'  house, No media report though, it will soon appear on  e-bay.

N.B. :Copyright law apply.Jimale Enterprise.com.

12 hours ago, Morlock said:

No one on this forum is falling for any of your scams so why are you even bothering to post here?

Stop generalizing, you should say 'I' not 'W'. You represent no one here, try to be polite in expressing your opinion, otherwise, will reveal my true colours. 

9 hours ago, d_day said:

If that's a meteorite it can’t be worth much. I can find those by the ton.

Please do and share with us, that why am here to learn more😄

27 minutes ago, Jimale said:

Stop generalizing, you should say 'I' not 'W'. You represent no one here, try to be polite in expressing your opinion, otherwise, will reveal my true colours. 

Reveal your true colors. Are you red, purple, green, blue, pink? Come on now!!!! We want to know your true colors.

Just now, Morlock said:

Reveal your true colors. Are you red, purple, green, blue, pink? Come on now!!!! We want to know your true colors.

Megalomania, is also inherent in my blood as a camel herder!😄

IMG_20201121_022813_146_1606050123054.jpg

IMG_20201121_152047_030_1605998995606.jpg

17 hours ago, Mikestang said:

Looks nothing like a meteorite.

They do come in all shapes and sizes, but that doesn't mean that every shape and size is a meteorite.

Are you sure this is not a meteorite! Or it's the usual thing, like if it is not from us it not a meteorite.d

IMG_20201123_015640_536.jpg

IMG_20201123_013951_128.jpg

IMG_20201123_013743_285.jpg

IMG_20201123_015057_285.jpg

1 hour ago, Mikestang said:

Show me the classification.

Mike ,

you are circumnavigating the issue. The discussion is based on the physical characteristics of meteorites, photo identification, and a constructive debate on the same.

Why did the debate move to an evidence base, meteorites don't fall from space while classified.

It's only done after a collector obtains the material from the founder. What a disgrace man! 

• Sad 1

No, you have it backwards, and I'm attacking the issue (i.e. your finds not being meteorites) head on.  The finder gets their find classified, then sells/donates/collects/etc. it.

But to use your line of reasoning, your photos and the physical characteristics therein are not conducive to meteorite finds.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Jim ale—I would not mind seeing your finds on your E-Bay page if you post a link.

Sorry but just an FYI, Bill doesn't allow eBay links on the forum, if any are posted I will have to remove them.

7 hours ago, Jimale said:

Mike ,

you are circumnavigating the issue. The discussion is based on the physical characteristics of meteorites, photo identification, and a constructive debate on the same.

Why did the debate move to an evidence base, meteorites don't fall from space while classified.

It's only done after a collector obtains the material from the founder. What a disgrace man! 

Disgrace? You claim the item pictured is a meteorite. Mike, a very experienced meteorite hunter, says based on what he can see that it is not a meteorite. So, he’s a disgrace for stating  his opinion?

But see, here’s the thing. You, as the person claiming the item is a meteorite, have the burden of proof. You say it’s a meteorite. Prove it. Go get it classified and make us eat our words. Until then, it’s just a piece of vesicular  basalt.

• Like 2
  • well done 1
10 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Sorry but just an FYI, Bill doesn't allow eBay links on the forum, if any are posted I will have to remove them.

But I would imagine he could post the item number and we could look it up through eBay search function.

48 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

That or he could post his eBay seller's name and you could find it that way.

I like those ideas better than a link.  I probably would not click blindly into a link.

• Like 1