Nugget Shooter Forums

Shiny stone looks like metal. Lightly magnetic. Can be a meteorite?

I found this stone in nature it is very heavy looks like metal and is a little bit magnetic (I tested it with a big neodynium magnet) the weird thing is that when I tried to hold a little piece of the stone that broke of in a flame it began to glow red just like you would expect metal to do I put a video from it glowing on youtube (Link)

if anyone has an idea what kind of stone/metal this is please tell me

IMG_20201120_235321.jpg

IMG_20201120_235328.jpg

IMG_20201120_235337.jpg

Its probably an old piece of badly rusted metal from years ago. You wouldn't expect to find meteorites in that shape. I see signs It's artificial and not natural.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Its probably an old piece of badly rusted metal from years ago. You wouldn't expect to find meteorites in that shape. I see signs It's artificial and not natural.

Thanks for your answer but it does not look like a piece of metal the whole thing is like the first photo and on the second and third photo you see stuf on it but that is just on the surface also why not natural I am very curious?

1 hour ago, rinke11 said:

Thanks for your answer but it does not look like a piece of metal the whole thing is like the first photo and on the second and third photo you see stuf on it but that is just on the surface also why not natural I am very curious?

Look at the middle picture. It looks like someone drilled out that lower left hand corner.. Just no way that's natural. The shape of the whole piece just reeks of old, rusted metal.

• Like 1