Nugget Shooter Forums

As the seasons change here in Arizona, the temps have finally come down enough to get out and find some gold.  I met up with a good friend this morning and we drove out to a place called "Owl Wash".  Although I forgot to mention it at the time, I did see the owl today. 

After a couple hours and a half a dozen trashy targets, I moved my coil up the side of the gully and got a distinct signal.  After scraping away all the loose material, I started to see darker clay and the bedrock.  I slowed down and worked to pinpoint the target so I could hopefully 'see it' without disturbing it.  I blew the dust away and gold was showing.  :yesss:   So I figured it would be a good time for some pictures, and I went back to where I left my backpack.  Once I returned with my phone to take the picture, I discovered that it had died trying to get a signal.  Oh well, no insitsu pics today.  :idunno:  But I am otherwise quite pleased with this 2.3g nugget.  :D

Luke

20201028_154628 (2).jpg

20201028_154417 (2).jpg

20201028_154601 (2).jpg

• Like 15
  • well done 5

Yup...it was a great day just to get out and forget about everything!.......I got a couple of dinks out of the gut of that area in the past...but did not hit the sides, so you win! :) Hard to hit a lot of ground with the little monster though. Must have walked past that nug 10 times in the past. But, hey! the area

above it (backwards wash) was kind to me :) 

Good time out...will hit it again! 
Tom H.

P.S. that second photo looks like a gold monster hanging on to the quartz .Head to the left, arms in the middle and legs to the right. I may need to put the whiskey away for tonight :ROFL:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice score!! 

I'm with You and TomH. . .  I too had to get out and away from the election coverage going on.  I scored  a total of 5 for 2.2dwt. Twas a beautiful day to get out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1
10 hours ago, NvAuMiner said:

Nice score!! 

I'm with You and TomH. . .  I too had to get out and away from the election coverage going on.  I scored  a total of 5 for 2.2dwt. Twas a beautiful day to get out.

Pictures, or it didn't happen....   :4chsmu1:        JK.  But, if you want to post a pic or two of some gold you just found, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. :)

Thanks for the comments guys !!  Finding gold is fun !!  :thumbsupanim

49 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Pictures, or it didn't happen....   :4chsmu1:        JK.  But, if you want to post a pic or two of some gold you just found, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. :)

Thanks for the comments guys !!  Finding gold is fun !!  :thumbsupanim

Oh. . . it happened. . .   lol :4chsmu1: I'll get a pic posted...  They were hard earned.. so I was kinda beat-up....... still am this morning. :olddude:

• Like 2

Here they are... Nothing big... But like you said... "It's fun finding gold.

Even though it stoves me up a little.:thumbsupanim

IMG_20201104_185643250.jpg

• Like 2
  • well done 4

That looks like a fine day!  Or even five days.  Congratulations.  I'd be stoked too.  :yesss:

Any gold found with a metal detector is good gold.

46 minutes ago, NvAuMiner said:

Oh. . . it happened. . .   lol :4chsmu1: I'll get a pic posted...  They were hard earned.. so I was kinda beat-up....... still am this morning. :olddude:

I was just messing with you.  I've been known to give gold miners from Nevada a hard time.

Thanks for posting a pic.  :)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

That looks like a fine day!  Or even five days.  Congratulations.  I'd be stoked too.  :yesss:

Any gold found with a metal detector is good gold.

I was just messing with you.  I've been known to give gold miners from Nevada a hard time.

Thanks for posting a pic.  :)

It's all good Mr.  I know you were jus messing with me...  The smallest one was my first find of the day and I thought.... WooHoo at least I didn't get skunked!!!  If that one was gonna be it for the day.... it was good day. :thumbsupanim

• Like 4

Hey Doug, nice dime!!!! 

Haha sweet nuggies too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That gold has character, Luke!!  Very nice!!  

• Thanks 1

Great nugget, Luke!  WTG!  What kinda bait did you use?

• Thanks 1