Nugget Shooter Forums

Nonprofit to sue Trump administration over historic hunting, fishing expansion across 2.3M acres

I didn’t realize those suckers were so tough.  Very cool animals. I’ve accepted that they can be seen in the empty valleys east of the mountains, even though they look out of place, if I  ever start seeing them by the roads in the river valley that will be wild! 

4 hours ago, Caliche Chris said:

I didn’t realize those suckers were so tough.  Very cool animals. I’ve accepted that they can be seen in the empty valleys east of the mountains, even though they look out of place, if I  ever start seeing them by the roads in the river valley that will be wild! 

You take one look at those big triangle shaped critters and you know they are from a different continent. Or planet.

They are half zebra and half antelope with a tail that drags the ground behind them. What a goofy critter. They are beautiful animals but they always crack me up. They are almost cartoonish. Especially with that striped paint job.

After the big freeze in 2011 lots of them had their ears froze off. They looked like Shrek with big black cactus thorns on their heads.

Once in a while you see an Arabian Oryx. They look just the same only their horns curve close to their head. Kinda like a big goat. They don't herd with the persian Oryx at all. They completely ignore each other. 

I saw one of those Arabians playing one day. Jumping and bucking and flipping around in the grass for an hour. Having a grand old time. A big herd of Persians ran right by him and he just kept on being a dodo. He ignored them completely and They did him.

They are some really strange critters.

We have ibex and audad (Barbary "sheep")too. Not in Cruces but close. You can hunt either with an over the counter tag. I think the season is all year. 

Down at Wind Mountain there are lots of audad. There are meteorites and lots of Indian petroglyphs too.

Over by Deming the ibex are thick. Just outside of Rockhound Park you can hunt them easy. They used to be a big thing but no one pays much attention to them now. They are tough goats that love the big rocks up high. Great fun to spot and shoot.

We should go down to Wind Mountain some day. It is just around the corner from Hueco. It is a really cool spot right down on the border with zero people. We could scare up an audad out of a canyon and make tacos out of that rascal. Then find some schite.

Sweet! I didn’t know we had the curved horn variety here too. The ibex and audads are pretty wild looking too. Wind mountain, sounds like something from a J.R.R Tolkien story, I want to see that place!

7 hours ago, Caliche Chris said:

Sweet! I didn’t know we had the curved horn variety here too. The ibex and audads are pretty wild looking too. Wind mountain, sounds like something from a J.R.R Tolkien story, I want to see that place!

Cool looking creatures. I'm sure they aren't native to that area.

numb-ibex.jpg

• Like 2