Nugget Shooter Forums

nicootje, different locations favor different host rock and starting out everything can look the same, focus on known placer gold locations is a good way to begin. Download/buy placer deposits of...(location you want to hunt). This will outline the history of the deposit, give you information on the type of deposit and production and tell you something about your questions on host rock. Joining a prospecting club will put you on ground that while heavily hunted with persistence still produce and hunting an identified gold placer you can begin to get a feel for likely indicators, one of the easiest to identify being old and new evidence of mining. Look up the area on My Land Matters, the Diggings, more helpful information about gold deposits and land status you always want to be sure just for peace of mind the area you hunt is open to prospecting. Another very important consideration as I’m sure you follow fill all dig holes the area you search should show no trace of your activity when you finish hunting.

• Like 2

Please consider joining a club like the GPAA which maintains claims or leases across the US, or consider a good state club like if your in AZ, Roadrunner, which only has claims in the state.

None of those two clubs will get you on ground that will make you rich, but will get you to ground that has gold and will allow you to learn how to look for it in person.  After the basics and confidence then its off to making your own claims.

7 hours ago, nicootje0601 said:

Hello i am new in gold mining i already read a lot about it and i am extremly enthousiastic only thing hard to find is information about placer deposits witch underlaying host rock are favorable in average 

Please post where you're located in the world.

4 hours ago, 1515Art said:

nicootje, different locations favor different host rock and starting out everything can look the same, focus on known placer gold locations is a good way to begin. Download/buy placer deposits of...(location you want to hunt). This will outline the history of the deposit, give you information on the type of deposit and production and tell you something about your questions on host rock. Joining a prospecting club will put you on ground that while heavily hunted with persistence still produce and hunting an identified gold placer you can begin to get a feel for likely indicators, one of the easiest to identify being old and new evidence of mining. Look up the area on My Land Matters, the Diggings, more helpful information about gold deposits and land status you always want to be sure just for peace of mind the area you hunt is open to prospecting. Another very important consideration as I’m sure you follow fill all dig holes the area you search should show no trace of your activity when you finish hunting.

47 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Please consider joining a club like the GPAA which maintains claims or leases across the US, or consider a good state club like if your in AZ, Roadrunner, which only has claims in the state.

None of those two clubs will get you on ground that will make you rich, but will get you to ground that has gold and will allow you to learn how to look for it in person.  After the basics and confidence then its off to making your own claims.

Just an FYI, the OP is not located within the USA, I'll leave it up to him to post where he is located.

• Like 2