Nugget Shooter Forums

Can someone please help me ??

It is difficult to tell with no other info than a picture.

Is it heavy, light or just about right for the size? Does it scratch glass? Will a hard copper wire scratch it? We're there mines in the area? 

It looks like it could be sphalerite (zinc) crystals. But it could be a lot of other things too. 

Specific gravity, streak and hardness would help to identify. The trouble is your rock is a couple minerals (at least) and identification is going to be tough. 

51 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Is it heavy, light or just about right for the size? Does it scratch glass? Will a hard copper wire scratch it? We're there mines in the area? 

It looks like it could be sphalerite (zinc) crystals. But it could be a lot of other things too. 

Specific gravity, streak and hardness would help to identify. The trouble is your rock is a couple minerals (at least) and identification is going to be tough. 

It is very heavy and it left a brown streak on one spot and a bluish green on a other spot and yes it cut glass i jus

53 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

t made a big cut in the bathroom mirror

50 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I have no idea. If it streaked blue green it is indicative of a copper mineral. So I am going to say it is a copper sulfide mineral with some quartz and some hematite in there in places.

Not meteoritic in my opinion. Definitely an terrestrial rock.