Nugget Shooter Forums

Welcome.

I really recommend joining a club and going to their claims first.  The GPAA has claims in your area, and Roadrunner has more Arizona claims, but there's may. many others.

You can go the the old reliable Lynx Creek, AZ's biggest placer strike, and it has a gold panning area.

As far as prospecting, it takes a lot of work to find open ground in a good area and not be prospecting on someone's legally filed claim, or on land you're not supposed to be on like State Trust land or private property.  I spend about 40 hours researching before I put boots on the ground.

Getting to clubs let's you learn how to metal detect and dry wash, and then when you're ready, you can stake claims of your own.

Welcome aboard and good luck to ya!!

Danny Boy

The question you asked has been asked thousand of times and the answer you got is the same answer given thousands of times

Do not expect any help from anyone here, some have so many claims that they will never be able to check them all in their life time

But to let someone on a claim oh no you might find a piece of gold and people are so greedy they do not let anyone on

First do research for what or where they don't tell you, join a club and go on their claims where everyone goes because they got the advise

Is there still gold on those claims of course but it's slim picks, you go to an outing on a claim they do not put you on a spot that they found gold

They have the outing at spots they didn't find gold. Gold clubs are like every other club a click here and a click there, unless you can get in a click no one is going to help you. Years ago gold was more available but now club claims are picked over so you have to be lucky

And most of YouTube's only show finding gold so you watch their channel so what else get money

Good luck to you hope you find a few decent guys to hook up with they are like finding unclaimed land

Want to have fun buy a jeep or ATV or a utv sandrail or Baja bug, groups with those will invite you along to old cabins log and stone day trips, over night trips and lots of old spots and they will help you with information on how to fix things on your machine even parts and they will pull you out if you break down

Why no money no greed in most cases

Good luck to you what ever you do

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, RogerR said:

Danny Boy

The question you asked has been asked thousand of times and the answer you got is the same answer given thousands of times

Do not expect any help from anyone here, some have so many claims that they will never be able to check them all in their life time

But to let someone on a claim oh no you might find a piece of gold and people are so greedy they do not let anyone on

First do research for what or where they don't tell you, join a club and go on their claims where everyone goes because they got the advise

Is there still gold on those claims of course but it's slim picks, you go to an outing on a claim they do not put you on a spot that they found gold

They have the outing at spots they didn't find gold. Gold clubs are like every other club a click here and a click there, unless you can get in a click no one is going to help you. Years ago gold was more available but now club claims are picked over so you have to be lucky

And most of YouTube's only show finding gold so you watch their channel so what else get money

Good luck to you hope you find a few decent guys to hook up with they are like finding unclaimed land

Want to have fun buy a jeep or ATV or a utv sandrail or Baja bug, groups with those will invite you along to old cabins log and stone day trips, over night trips and lots of old spots and they will help you with information on how to fix things on your machine even parts and they will pull you out if you break down

:th_coffeescreen: 

1 hour ago, RogerR said:

Danny Boy

Wow!!! You must have had some bad experiences huh??? As for my own personal experience, i have had 95 percent of the other prospectors i have met, help and show areas and give advice. I know i do it, and i know several others that do too. You have a very small percentage of people out there that think they are going to get every single spec of gold, but most times they are the folks trying to make a living off of it. Personally, you grouping everyone here in just 1 group as being greedy and non-helpful is kind of an insult. 

• Like 4
  • well done 2