Nugget Shooter Forums

Big Silver with Minelab Vanquish!

Got an invitation to hunt an old farm in Katonah, New York, and drove up excited and early. After nearly two-hours of hunting near the old stone fences I had found nothing but junk targets, and I was ready to call it quits. I started back toward the farm house and the car, swinging half-heartedly, and feeling a bit defeated. About halfway back, I got a high tone that stopped me in my tracks. 39-40, solid as could be. Surprise! 1883 Philadelphia Morgan!!!!! Talk about your Happy Dance, I went from worn out to full of energy just like that! 

IMG_3698a.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

• Like 5
  • well done 6
1 hour ago, Terry Soloman said:

Got an invitation to hunt an old farm in Katonah, New York, and drove up excited and early. After nearly two-hours of hunting near the old stone fences I had found nothing but junk targets, and I was ready to call it quits. I started back toward the farm house and the car, swinging half-heartedly, and feeling a bit defeated. About halfway back, I got a high tone that stopped me in my tracks. 39-40, solid as could be. Surprise! 1883 Philadelphia Morgan!!!!! Talk about your Happy Dance, I went from worn out to full of energy just like that! 

IMG_3698a.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

Whopper. Great find!

• Like 1

Awesome find Terry!! Good job 

• Like 1

Good on you Terry.  That is one that I'd like to find some day.  Perseverance pays bro.  

Old Tom   

• Like 1