Nugget Shooter Forums

California, Oregon, New Mexico & Colorado, Arizona, etc. ROYALTIES????

I found an article titled Senators Call for Hearing on Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act in which "Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Jeffrey Merkley (D-Ore.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Edward Markey (D-Mass.) wrote to the Energy and Natural Resources Committee leadership requesting a hearing on the Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act to provide a forum for states, environmental groups, and industry to discuss mining reform.

"The bill requires companies to pay royalties for the first time for the ability to extract mineral resources like gold, silver, and copper from public lands..."

Read on! https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=E0A06230-3193-419F-85C1-EBA20D0059C0

LMAO.

Why did you feel the need to make another topic with the same content but with a different title?

Still waiting....  :pop:

Here's a list of companies that didn't pay Federal Income Taxes in 2018.

http://nbr.com/2019/12/16/these-91-companies-paid-no-federal-taxes-in-2018/

Freeport McMoRan is on that list.

I don't think individual middle class taxpayers should bare the sole burden of propping up the economy, so large companies can then exploit the opportunity.  But that's just my opinion.

50 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

LMAO.

Why did you feel the need to make another topic with the same content but with a different title?

Still waiting....  :pop:

Still waiting??? For what? This is the STATE section. People need to know how their senators and congresspeople will vote. 
Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Jeffrey Merkley (D-Ore.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Edward Markey (D-Mass.) are all pushing some very miner unfriendly legislation. 

Perhaps you should spend more time looking into the backgrounds of the people you intend to vote for?

I noticed you put Arizona in the title but I don't see any Arizona representation in that list of Senators.

Are you planning on voting D this year?   Do you live in any of these states?

20 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Still waiting??? For what?

Oh, I thought you were serious about your assertions yesterday in your Biden/Harris mining topic. 

When you said this:  "In fact, Obama was a disaster for mining as well as manufacturing."

I am always willing to learn, so I thought you'd be able to provide some proof to your claim.

:pop:

25 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Oh, I thought you were serious about your assertions yesterday in your Biden/Harris mining topic. 

When you said this:  "In fact, Obama was a disaster for mining as well as manufacturing."

I am always willing to learn, so I thought you'd be able to provide some proof to your claim.

:pop:

Yesterday? This thread is 2 hours old.

3 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Yesterday? This thread is 2 hours old.

You already forgot?  That wasn't even 24 hours ago.