Nugget Shooter Forums

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be watching this topic very closely. Time will tell which politicians are for the Pebble Mine and which aren't. Slim, Bob as of yet hasn't stepped outside of the guidelines of this fo

There has to be a reason why he might go against it guys. Something we dont see or aren't being told. My life is mining, and i know for a fact, he is not against it. He has helped us in the mining ind

Bob, possibly you are "trolling" with this post and if so, I will gladly take the bait.  Truth is I do not know where you are coming from though and possibly will be kind enough to enlighten me.  I jo

Posted Images

Bob, possibly you are "trolling" with this post and if so, I will gladly take the bait.  Truth is I do not know where you are coming from though and possibly will be kind enough to enlighten me.  I joined this site because of my interest in meteorites and interest in detecting, specifically for gold and each night enjoy reading numerous and varied posts.  Recently there was a post about how much gold various members have found in the past so-many months.  The best of these rather minor amounts and compared to the time spent, I believe the efforts could best be classified as recreational.  Don't get me wrong, any hobby that is satisfying is time well spent. 

The proposed Pebble Mine in Alaska is a whole different animal and due to the scale of such an endeavor is mind boggling and unfathomable.  A small mistake with such an operation could have disastrous  consequences the land, animals and inhabitants for many decades.  I confess I am not a fan of Mr. Trump or his offspring, but I give him credit for possibly taking a stand against this permit.

Please forgive me for not possibly being better informed and, I in no way mean any offense with replying to your post.  Rob

• Like 4

I agree with everything you have said. 

Individual prospecting is to large scale mining as deer hunting is to the slaughter of the buffalo.

The only thing I would argue with is his motives for taking a stand against permitting.

It seems more to appeal to the rod and gun crowd than for environmental reasons. I do believe his motives are political and not ideological and he is using the project as a pawn. 

My feelings about whether that mine should open are irrelevant. Or my opinion on his motives. Im just pointing out he is, in this case, blocking a mining project that he previously supported. 

He was previously "for us" when he supported the project. Now he is "against us" in the context of this section of the forum. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

My feelings about whether that mine should open are irrelevant. 

Of course, your only purpose is to badmouth President Trump -- and maybe get this section of the forum removed.
Are you familiar with what Trump did for taconite mining and the US steel industry? 
How about oil? 
The truth is, Trump is the most pro American resource President we have had in a long time and he is willing to fight the environmental extremists. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I will be watching this topic very closely.

Time will tell which politicians are for the Pebble Mine and which aren't.

Slim, Bob as of yet hasn't stepped outside of the guidelines of this forum section...but you calling Bob out for posting this topic in this section is out of bounds, you should be posting facts about the subject matter and stop posting anything directed towards the member who started the topic!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • well done 1

There has to be a reason why he might go against it guys. Something we dont see or aren't being told. My life is mining, and i know for a fact, he is not against it. He has helped us in the mining industry since he got in and we have definitely benefited from it. Something else is going on! Just my opinion though.

• Like 6

Oh oh.... I'm taking bets on this topic being deleted by Sunday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think Don Jr. put it very plainly when he said they could pick up more votes from the rod and gun groups if they opposed the mine. 

I honestly dont think it is about "supporting mining" or "supporting environmentalists". It is about trying to get votes from a big group of sportsmen who are pretty split on voting for him.

I honestly don't see a mystery in why he is doing this. He supports whatever gets him the most votes. He has a lot more to gain by supporting outdoorsman and very little to gain by supporting miners. 

That is just my opinion. I know it might rub someone the wrong way but it is still my opinion. He isn't talking about scuttling the project to save Bristol Bay and I think we can all probably agree on that.

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Oh oh.... I'm taking bets on this topic being deleted by Sunday.

Yep. The conversation had definitely veered from the Pebble Mine to a political hit job. 
Even the title doesn't mention the mine or anything related to this forum. How did that happen?

10 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Yep. The conversation had definitely veered from the Pebble Mine to a political hit job. 
Even the title doesn't mention the mine or anything related to this forum. How did that happen?

The title of Bob's topic says exactly what this forum section guide lines states....

"Listing of Lawmakers for and against us"

And then his topic's contents explains why Bob feels this way, and does mention the Pebble Mine as to why the politician is against the us/mining.

As I stated in my last post in this topic...time will tell all.

Please stay on topic and not against Bob posting here.

• Like 1

I was fired up enough from reading this to make a post on this thread, HOWEVER my better minded spirit is holding me back.
Just reading fer now.
It would help immensely if people showed links to exact statements made by the persons being quoted for others reference, instead of "possible hearsay" 
:inocent::olddude::old::pop:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I couldn't find the 'quote' Bob had referred to....   I was able to find some other quotes that tell the story fairly well.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/reversal-trump-kills-huge-alaskan-gold-mine-here-s-why

The administration's about-face came after several key high-profile Republicans made their opposition to the project known both publicly and in private with the president in recent weeks: the president's son Donald Trump Jr. and former vice presidential aide Nick Ayers both tweeted their opposition to the project. And Fox News's Tucker Carlson—known to have President Trump's ear—ran a segment of his show about how the mine could harm salmon in Bristol Bay.

"It's like the Grand Canyon or something; it's like the Tetons—this is something that's unusual that we should preserve," Carlson told E&E News in an interview last week.

This latest twist in the Pebble permitting process comes after mine developers waited nearly a decade, through President Obama's two terms, to apply for federal permits, finally doing so early on in the Trump presidency. Pebble backers presumed the Trump administration's pro-industry stance would help override the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA's) previous attempts to block the project.

The bet seemed to be paying off, until this month.

One thing Trump did almost immediately was to remove the disastrous Obama/Biden pollution controls on streams and wetlands. 
Quote: From Day 1 of his administration, President Trump vowed to repeal President Barack Obama’s “Waters of the United States” regulation, which had frustrated rural landowners. His new rule, which will be implemented in about 60 days, is the latest step in the Trump administration’s push to repeal or weaken nearly 100 environmental rules and laws, loosening or eliminating rules on climate change, clean air, chemical pollution, coal mining, oil drilling and endangered species protections.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/climate/trump-environment-water.html

For those who want to know what Trump has done and not done for us.  This link is a great resource.

https://www.brookings.edu/interactives/tracking-deregulation-in-the-trump-era/

After scrolling down this list, it seemed to me that allowing more pollution and destruction of the environment have been some of this administration's greatest accomplishments.

• Like 1

Come on Luke! 

20200827_131822.jpg

• Like 2

The thing about Trump is you ALWAYS know where he stands. That isn't so with Democrats. I just found this....

Joe Biden has said he will only serve one term if elected and many people think he won't last that long, so Harris' views and actions regarding mining should be a very important consideration to those of us who like to have access to public lands and the ability to mine -- whether it be large operations or small. 
I found an article titled Senators Call for Hearing on Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act in which "Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Jeffrey Merkley (D-Ore.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Edward Markey (D-Mass.) wrote to the Energy and Natural Resources Committee leadership requesting a hearing on the Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act to provide a forum for states, environmental groups, and industry to discuss mining reform.

"The bill requires companies to pay royalties for the first time for the ability to extract mineral resources like gold, silver, and copper from public lands..."

Read on! https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=E0A06230-3193-419F-85C1-EBA20D0059C0

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

The thing about Trump is you ALWAYS know where he stands. That isn't so with Democrats. I just found this....

Joe Biden has said he will only serve one term if elected and many people think he won't last that long, so Harris' views and actions regarding mining should be a very important consideration to those of us who like to have access to public lands and the ability to mine -- whether it be large operations or small. 
I found an article titled Senators Call for Hearing on Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act in which "Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Jeffrey Merkley (D-Ore.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Edward Markey (D-Mass.) wrote to the Energy and Natural Resources Committee leadership requesting a hearing on the Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act to provide a forum for states, environmental groups, and industry to discuss mining reform.

"The bill requires companies to pay royalties for the first time for the ability to extract mineral resources like gold, silver, and copper from public lands..."

Read on! https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=E0A06230-3193-419F-85C1-EBA20D0059C0

This is off topic, this topic is about Trump being for us or against us.

You did however post the same exact post in your topic about Democrats which is fine and on topic there but in this topic you need to stay on the subject matter and stop high jacking this topic!

THIS WARNING IS FOR ALL WHO MAY REPLY IN THIS TOPIC AND ALSO THE OTHER TOPICS IN THIS FORUM SECTION.

These topics are as close as anyone going to get to be able to sorta have political content on these forums, so thread lightly or this possibility maybe gone like on the rest of the forums here!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Come on Luke! 

20200827_131822.jpg

Did you look at the list?  Did you find anything that doesn't go with 'conservative thinking'?

Are 'conservative sources' the only valid sources?

ACTUALLY it reads the army corp of engineers found it to be a huge problem to the area. They ought to know.
Protect the salmon and trout fisheries, MAN feedin yer azzez is more important that grabbin the color if ya can't do it proficiently.
I don't think you should be blaming Trump for this.
Actually I dont think anyones to blame for anything, just another case of somebody wants to grab some color and screw up the country side while doing so.

simon cowel.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

Did you look at the list?  Did you find anything that doesn't go with 'conservative thinking'?

Are 'conservative sources' the only valid sources?

No they aren't the only sources, but neither are Liberal sources. Right? And can you tell which one is correct? You cant, because if you think Liberal then you lean Liberal. If you think Conservative, then you lean Conservative. Fact right? So how can anybody say either side is wrong or right? Thats what is wrong with today's world. Everyone thinks that their side is right.

• Like 2

Big mining is to blame. 

And they have all the time and money to buy the rights to destroy even the most pristine environment.  Sad because eventually they will grease the right palm and off they go.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

No they aren't the only sources, but neither are Liberal sources. Right? And can you tell which one is correct? You cant, because if you think Liberal then you lean Liberal. If you think Conservative, then you lean Conservative. Fact right? So how can anybody say either side is wrong or right? Thats what is wrong with today's world. Everyone thinks that their side is right.

If you looked at the list and found anything that was questionable, I'd be more than happy to see your contrary evidence.  I keep asking for evidence to back up what people are so emotional about and it's crickets.  Why do I carry the burden of proof?  If you are so confident in your beliefs, tell me why and provide the facts.  But do your due diligence and be prepared to stand behind your statements.

If you understood me in our PM a few months ago, you would know I'm not a 'liberal'.  It just seems that way when I dare to disagree with certain members of this forum.  Sure, I'm not as conservative as you may view yourself, but that doesn't mean I'm part of the group you desperately want to hate.  There are lots of moderate Americans as I hope you will see in the coming election.

Anytime anyone is able to refute anything I've said in the past, I'd love to hear it.  But bring actual facts, not what you were told by Fox News channel.

Luke

1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

Thats what is wrong with today's world. Everyone thinks that their side is right.

What's wrong with today's world is the idea that there are only two sides.

That anyone who disagrees with you, is against everything you stand for.

This country was greatest when we were united.  As long as the Us vs.Them attitude is the popular choice, then nothing will change.

Our adversaries are laughing at us while they gain global control.  But oh sure....  It's all the Democrats fault.

6 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Come on Luke! 

20200827_131822.jpg

And if that was not obvious enough,( in support of Dan's comment), I would simply add,  "Well, No Screaming Eagle Shiitz Sweet Pea!"

Anyone that has one eye and half sense knows, (or should have known), that the Bookings Institute was a Liberal Think Tank!! Why quote that as a credible, unbiased, source?

And by the way, we have never been "United", in the general sense of the term, but that's OK, and IMO, that's good, for a lot of reasons. We are different: Generationally, geographically, ethnically, racially, and a lot of other ways, which has always been how things were and still is, and people managed to get along, putting their differences aside, and leaving confrontation out of it!

• Like 1
  • well done 1

Well I'm sorry I don't keep up on whether 'you guys' find my sources acceptable.  :idunno:

I'd still like to see what information you believe was left out of my 'liberal' source.

Please provide anything, if you can.

• Like 1