Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be watching this topic very closely. Time will tell which politicians are for the Pebble Mine and which aren't. Slim, Bob as of yet hasn't stepped outside of the guidelines of this fo

There has to be a reason why he might go against it guys. Something we dont see or aren't being told. My life is mining, and i know for a fact, he is not against it. He has helped us in the mining ind

Bob, possibly you are "trolling" with this post and if so, I will gladly take the bait.  Truth is I do not know where you are coming from though and possibly will be kind enough to enlighten me.  I jo

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

 

This looks like more political crap that has nothing to do with the topic.

Posting clips from Trump's political rally where he lies and makes outrageous claims is not on topic at all. You are just campaigning for Trump. Not taking part in the discussion.

 

The facts are that the Trump administration has used its influence to deny permitting for the Pebble Mine in Alaska. Effectively blocking development. 

If you want to talk about how Trump undermined the U.S. Steel Industry we can do that in another thread. This thread is about how Trump scuttled the Pebble Mine in Alaska and sided with the extreme right wing liberal environmentalists to try and sway undecided voters.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

This looks like more political crap that has nothing to do with the topic.

Posting clips from Trump's political rally where he lies and makes outrageous claims is not on topic at all. You are just campaigning for Trump. Not taking part in the discussion.

 

The facts are that the Trump administration has used its influence to deny permitting for the Pebble Mine in Alaska. Effectively blocking development. 

If you want to talk about how Trump undermined the U.S. Steel Industry we can do that in another thread. This thread is about how Trump scuttled the Pebble Mine in Alaska and sided with the extreme right wing liberal environmentalists to try and sway undecided voters.

Actually Bob, this is the MINER'S RIGHTS and LAND USE section and you have posted plenty from biased sources. Mining is mining whether it be gold, silver, lead, iron etc. etc. and I'm pretty sure I previously mentioned taconite. Maybe even Minnesota and the iron range that Obama and Biden decimated.  
Are you sure you haven't posted any political crap here? It is about lawmakers. 

  • Like 1
  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 11:19 AM, Bedrock Bob said:

Life is often cruel and unfair.

I hear ibuprofen works great for inflammation.

That's what I hear too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Actually Bob, this is the MINER'S RIGHTS and LAND USE section and you have posted plenty from biased sources. Mining is mining whether it be gold, silver, lead, iron etc. etc. and I'm pretty sure I previously mentioned taconite. Maybe even Minnesota and the iron range that Obama and Biden decimated.  
Are you sure you haven't posted any political crap here? It is about lawmakers. 

O.K. then. If you want it to be about the steel smelters instead of the Pebble Mine that is just fine. Let's go there...

https://kbjr6.com/2020/09/30/biden-announces-plan-for-iron-range-endorsements-from-northern-minnesota-leaders/

Trump bailed out the steel executives and they left the workers out in the cold. The smelters are still struggling under the tariffs and employment is at an all time low. Billions of dollars have been funneled into the industry with little or no results. Rather than giving money to wealthy executives as Trump did, Biden suggests actually mandating we use American steel for American projects. Something Trump promised but never delivered on. 

Biden says he will sign an EO within the first 30 days. When asked why he did not follow through Trump avoided the question and instead whined about "socialism" and said Biden supports criminals.

Iron country is firmly pro Biden. This is clear in the polls and in the overwhelming number of industry leaders and elected representatives from the area.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

O.K. then. If you want it to be about the steel smelters instead of the Pebble Mine that is just fine. Let's go there...

https://kbjr6.com/2020/09/30/biden-announces-plan-for-iron-range-endorsements-from-northern-minnesota-leaders/

 

Right, but that is about how Biden is now -- just yesterday in fact -- flip flopping like a salmon on the beach.
Are you aware that there are salmon in Minnesota and that actions speak much louder than words?
The Obama/Biden environmental rules -- particularly the ridiculous water rules -- that shut down any hope of the Pebble Mine also resulted in serious harm to miners, farmers and ranchers throughout the entire country. I think even rain barrels that collect rain off people's roofs were outlawed. 
In fact, things got so bad here in the US that Biden's son Hunter had to go to China, Russia and the Ukraine to get paid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of people are going to prison for water barrels under the eaves these days Slim. And it is all Obama's fault.

:25r30wi:

It is one thing to believe the hogwash you post. It is another to expect someone else to believe it.

Trump's policies have hurt the steel industry badly. As well as the Pebble Mine. And his rollback of EPA regulations have hurt our environmental protections and reaped very little benefit. In the long run his policies will cost billions. In the short run the benefits are too small to be seen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

... think even rain barrels that collect rain off people's roofs were outlawed. 
 

Up to 2016, rain barrels were outlawed...in Colorado

 Now they're just highly regulated. Max of 110gallons , a pittance when you consider roof area and the amount of some downpours.

:2mo5pow:No underground cistern for you!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

O.K. then. If you want it to be about the steel smelters instead of the Pebble Mine that is just fine. 

They will be needing the Molydenum that Pebble will provide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Up to 2016, rain barrels were outlawed...in Colorado

 Now they're just highly regulated. Max of 110gallons , a pittance when you consider roof area and the amount of some downpours.

:2mo5pow:No underground cistern for you!

That is complete BS. Rain barrels are not "outlawed". You can have as big a system as you want in most areas but they have to be engineered and inspected.

It isn't about catching rainwater from your roof. It is about increasing or decreasing runoff to adjacent property.

People were damming up perennial streams and catching thousands of gallons in makeshift basins. When their engineering failed it created flooding downstream. There has always been laws in the West that prohibited increasing or decreasing the natural flow on and off your property. The "water barrel" tale is often told as an example of government overreach but that is just hogwash. It is about making sure that water catchment systems do not reduce flow to adjacent property or pose a threat of flooding if they fail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

They will be needing the Molydenum that Pebble will provide.

Pebble will not be producing any molly. The Trump administration blocked the ACOE permits.

They will have to get it from one of the other mines that are alrady permitted and operational in the Iron Range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That is complete BS. Rain barrels are not "outlawed". You can have as big a system as you want in most areas but they have to be engineered and inspected.

It isn't about catching rainwater from your roof. It is about increasing or decreasing runoff to adjacent property.

People were damming up perennial streams and catching thousands of gallons in makeshift basins. When their engineering failed it created flooding downstream. There has always been laws in the West that prohibited increasing or decreasing the natural flow on and off your property. The "water barrel" tale is often told as an example of government overreach but that is just hogwash. It is about making sure that water catchment systems do not reduce flow to adjacent property or pose a threat of flooding if they fail.

People need to have their rain barrels engineered and inspected? Are there specs? Do they need a permit?
Is that city? county? state? fed? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Pebble will not be producing any molly. The Trump administration blocked the ACOE permits.

They will have to get it from one of the other mines that are alrady permitted and operational in the Iron Range.

If it opens, it will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

People need to have their rain barrels engineered and inspected? Are there specs? Do they need a permit?
Is that city? county? state? fed? 

Yes. Just like anything else you do on your property that may impact the adjacent property owners. 

Each State has adopted codes that are the minimum standard. Each municipality can impose more restrictive standards. And each subdivision can go even farther than that. That is just the way it works.

If you store water in volumes it has to be done so as not to impact those "downstream". Whether that is impounding runoff or diverting water from an established creek or stream. Even in the desert with dry stream beds. You cannot increase or decrease the natural runoff nor reroute an established watercourse. It must enter and exit your property in the same place and at the same flow rate. 

Any building contractor or civil engineer that works with development can explain the details of how this works. They can also fill in the blanks on how building codes and standards are adopted and who has jurusdiction over them.

If you are going to trap rainwater from your roof you can do that. It just has to be done in a way that does not pose a risk to the property owners downstream. That is generally not a huge problem and the requirements are usually pretty easy to meet. Your storage tanks just have to be supported properly and be able to handle an overfill without failing.

If you are going to use the water in your household there are a few more sensible requirements.

Just like a septic system or an access road. When you build it, it must be designed not to fail in a way that could damage someone else's property.

Every big roof area and parking lot has a ponding area that is designed to handle runoff. That is a requirement for large areas that produce a lot of runoff water. Those ponding areas must be designed to hold the proper amount of collected runoff and release it safely if it overfills. This is EXACTLY the same logic in regulating any large impoundment of water whether it be a storage tank, a pond, a livestock tank or a ponding area on a developed lot.

I have built a half dozen homes with rain collecting systems. I have built dozens of projects where ponding areas and drainage structures had to be engineered. So the old whine about the "government not allowing you to harvest rainwater" routine just does not "hold water". Anyone who has ever been involved with developing land or building deals with this very issue on a daily basis.

That is one of the main concerns about the Pebble Mine. The huge tailings pond presents a big liability if it fails. It cannot be engineered to fail in a way that does not present potential for a disaster downstream. When you impound that much water it will wreak havoc downstream if the structure fails. Just like 500 gallons of rainwater will destroy your neighbors yard if your rain barrels wash out and fall over in a heavy rain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It looks like Pebble is going to wave some unobtanium under Trump's nose.

I wonder if he can smell it?

https://www.mining.com/northern-dynasty-issues-pebble-report-in-light-of-trump-mining-order/

From the most recent Executive order.

Quote

The Secretary of the Interior, the Secretary of Agriculture, the Secretary of Commerce, the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, the Secretary of the Army (acting through the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works), and the heads of all other relevant agencies shall, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, use all available authorities to accelerate the issuance of permits and the completion of projects in connection with expanding and protecting the domestic supply chain for minerals.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Rhenium, I believe ,as well as a pile of moly, gold and oodles of copper.

Uh huh. Rhenium.

It looks like Pebble is going to wave some rhenium under Trump's nose. 

I wonder if he can smell it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Uh huh. Rhenium.

It looks like Pebble is going to wave some rhenium under Trump's nose. 

I wonder if he can smell it?

Not likely. It's boiling point is over 10000F. You can't smell noble metal unless it was vaporizing.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My bet is that he CAN smell rhenium. And that smell will be so inviting he will backtrack and apply pressure to the ACOE to approve the permit for the Pebble Mine.

He flipped. He flopped. And now I expect him to flip again. 

Slim was right. You always know where he stands. He stands on whatever side is applying grease to his wheels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

My bet is that he CAN smell rhenium. And that smell will be so inviting he will backtrack and apply pressure to the ACOE to approve the permit for the Pebble Mine.

He flipped. He flopped. And now I expect him to flip again. 

Slim was right. You always know where he stands. He stands on whatever side is applying grease to his wheels.

He won't be smelling anything until he gets over having Covid19

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...