Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

Facts are facts. Spin is spin. The facts are that Donald Trump is going to scuttle the Pebble Mine. 

Common sense tells us his motives are not environmental. No matter how we lean politically we can probably agree on that one.

He is blocking the project to appeal to sportsmen. This is a group that he is not polling well with but he feels he has a chance to raise his numbers. There are very few groups he can play to that could offer new votes and this is his best shot.

Miners will all vote for Trump no matter how many mining projects he blocks between now and then. So he is not worried about them. If he is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat again he is going to have to get some votes somewhere. And pandering to the sportsmen is a good strategy.

He is doing everything he can to win this election and is not afraid to break some eggs. In normal times with a normal president it would be left up to the agencies to make the call. The fact he is getting involved and micromanaging issues like these are clear evidence he is nervous.

He is not supporting environmental causes or protecting Bristol Bay. He is protecting himself at the cost of those who support him. We see that in the coal industry. We see it in the oil industry. And we see it in the way he is handling the pandemic. It is all about political expediency right down the line. 

I agree with him blocking the mine project. I am not fooled into thinking his motives are environmental. I honestly don't believe anyone else is either. They will just say they do to keep from having to admit he is blocking the mine for less than noble reasons. 

The real reason he is against this mine is to try and sway sportsmen who are undecided who to vote for. I honestly don't believe many sportsmen are undecided at this point. Those who support him are loyal and those who don't would not vote for him no matter what he did. 

The mine will be collateral damage in an attempt to wring a few more votes out of a demographic he is trailing in. I suspect we will see a lot more collateral damage before this is all over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be watching this topic very closely. Time will tell which politicians are for the Pebble Mine and which aren't. Slim, Bob as of yet hasn't stepped outside of the guidelines of this fo

There has to be a reason why he might go against it guys. Something we dont see or aren't being told. My life is mining, and i know for a fact, he is not against it. He has helped us in the mining ind

Bob, possibly you are "trolling" with this post and if so, I will gladly take the bait.  Truth is I do not know where you are coming from though and possibly will be kind enough to enlighten me.  I jo

Posted Images

On 8/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

Facts are facts. Spin is spin. The facts are that Donald Trump is going to scuttle the Pebble Mine. 

Common sense tells us his motives are not environmental. No matter how we lean politically we can probably agree on that one.

He is blocking the project to appeal to sportsmen. This is a group that he is not polling well with but he feels he has a chance to raise his numbers. There are very few groups he can play to that could offer new votes and this is his best shot.

Miners will all vote for Trump no matter how many mining projects he blocks between now and then. So he is not worried about them. If he is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat again he is going to have to get some votes somewhere. And pandering to the sportsmen is a good strategy.

He is doing everything he can to win this election and is not afraid to break some eggs. In normal times with a normal president it would be left up to the agencies to make the call. The fact he is getting involved and micromanaging issues like these are clear evidence he is nervous.

He is not supporting environmental causes or protecting Bristol Bay. He is protecting himself at the cost of those who support him. We see that in the coal industry. We see it in the oil industry. And we see it in the way he is handling the pandemic. It is all about political expediency right down the line. 

I agree with him blocking the mine project. I am not fooled into thinking his motives are environmental. I honestly don't believe anyone else is either. They will just say they do to keep from having to admit he is blocking the mine for less than noble reasons. 

The real reason he is against this mine is to try and sway sportsmen who are undecided who to vote for. I honestly don't believe many sportsmen are undecided at this point. Those who support him are loyal and those who don't would not vote for him no matter what he did. 

The mine will be collateral damage in an attempt to wring a few more votes out of a demographic he is trailing in. I suspect we will see a lot more collateral damage before this is all over.

What was the status of this mine during the Obama/Biden administration? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2020 at 10:33 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

I agree with everything you have said. 

Individual prospecting is to large scale mining as deer hunting is to the slaughter of the buffalo.

The only thing I would argue with is his motives for taking a stand against permitting.

It seems more to appeal to the rod and gun crowd than for environmental reasons. I do believe his motives are political and not ideological and he is using the project as a pawn. 

My feelings about whether that mine should open are irrelevant. Or my opinion on his motives. Im just pointing out he is, in this case, blocking a mining project that he previously supported. 

He was previously "for us" when he supported the project. Now he is "against us" in the context of this section of the forum. 

Hey, at least he was "for us" at some point. That can't be said about the enviro Nazi's. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Hey, at least he was "for us" at some point. That can't be said about the enviro Nazi's. 

Some day you might realize he was only in it for himself.  Or maybe you won't.....   :inocent:

We can protect the environment while still extracting resources.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Some day you might realize he was only in it for himself.  Or maybe you won't.....   :inocent:

We can protect the environment while still extracting resources.

Some day you might realize he wasn't in it for himself.  Or maybe you won't. You do know he donates his salary, right?
At Pebble, they want to fill a lake with tailings. Is that protecting the environment?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Fact:  The fight against Pebble isn’t about the need for mining or for copper.  We need both.  But the Pebble Mine is a bad project -- the wrong mine in the wrong place -- and for that reason it has been abandoned over the past decade alone by four of the world’s largest mining companies: Mitsubishi Corporation in 2011, Anglo American in 2013, Rio Tinto in 2014, and First Quantum Minerals in 2018. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like you fellows desperately need to talk politics. This is not the place to campaign or to defend Trump's childish behavior.

This thread is about the Pebble Mine.

Will Trump scuttle the project and cower to the radical environmentalists or will he allow the corrupt mining company to destroy Bristol Bay?

Slim said, "You always know where he stands". But he seems to be reluctant to stand on either side of this issue. Or on any other issue that he has not created himself.

Time will tell if Trump will ante up on the Pebble Mine. I think both the Pebble Mine and Trump are going to independently self destruct before that happens.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Will Trump scuttle the project and cower to the radical environmentalists or will he allow the corrupt mining company to destroy Bristol Bay?

It's a Canadian company by the way....   Why not an American company?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Seems  quite leading and highly inflammatory, while assuming the worst.

Life is often cruel and unfair.

I hear ibuprofen works great for inflammation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

It's a Canadian company by the way....   Why not an American company?

Pebble Mines is an American company incorporated in Alaska. They, and their United States subsidiary corporations own the Pebble mine project. They pay taxes in the United States and are subject to Alaska State and United States laws.

The Pebble Mines corporation is wholly owned and funded by Northern Dynasty Minerals Limited incorporated in Canada. The Northern Dynasty Minerals Limited company stock is more than 80% owned by United States citizens and corporations who pay United States taxes.

If you want to stop foreign funding of U.S. mines you would need to change the U.S. laws and eliminate several important treaties. Essentially you would be restructuring the American financial system. If you were to accomplish that commercial mining in the United States would cease.

Foreign investment is important to mining, agriculture, manufacturing, transportation and just about every other aspect of our lives. We could go the way of North Korea and eliminate all non state approved foreign investment. I am of the opinion that would produce bad results similar to what North Korea is experiencing. That's just my personal opinion based on what I have observed. If you disagree and have a plan I'm sure there are several political forums that would be glad to debate your proposal.

No mines in the United States are owned by foreign corporations. It's a basic requirement of U.S. law that U.S. mineral resources can only be extracted by U.S. citizens or U.S. corporations who are subject to U.S. laws and regulations and U.S. taxes and fees.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LukeJ said:

It's a Canadian company by the way....   Why not an American company?

Good question. How much did the Canadian mining company pay to the Clintons for the Uranium One deal. I think it was hundreds of millions of dollars. Bill got paid a lot of money for a speech in Russia soon after and the wife of the former mayor of Moscow wired 3.5 million to Hunter Biden. 
Nothing to see here. 

  • Haha 1
  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

EPA spokesman Abboud said in a statement to CNN, "The previous administration's (Obama/Biden) preemptive veto of this project, without a permit even being submitted, was a departure from regular order and the Trump administration is seeking a return to the correct process."

Abboud added that the decision to withdraw the restriction does not guarantee that the mine will receive a permit but said the EPA will now focus on the permit-review process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dakota Slim said:

EPA spokesman Abboud said in a statement to CNN, "The previous administration's (Obama/Biden) preemptive veto of this project, without a permit even being submitted, was a departure from regular order and the Trump administration is seeking a return to the correct process."

Abboud added that the decision to withdraw the restriction does not guarantee that the mine will receive a permit but said the EPA will now focus on the permit-review process.

In other words, the Obama/Biden act took away miner's rights and were very much ANTI MINING. Trump reversed that act and is therefore PRO MINING.
Trump also reopened the iron mining in MN and other places and now the US is not dependent on foreign steel. Thanks to Trump, the US is no longer dependent of foreign oil.
MADE IN THE USA!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

In other words, the Obama/Biden act took away miner's rights and were very much ANTI MINING. Trump reversed that act and is therefore PRO MINING.
Trump also reopened the iron mining in MN and other places and now the US is not dependent on foreign steel. Thanks to Trump, the US is no longer dependent of foreign oil.
MADE IN THE USA!

So his administration is pro mining but sided with radical socialists to scuttle the Pebble mine. 

Hmmm....:89:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...