Nugget Shooter Forums

I got hit by a tornado yesterday. It did little damage on my property but others weren't so lucky. 

It ripped road signs off poles, uprooted huge trees and blew roofs off. It exposed a huge vein of gold along its path of destruction.

118427480_10219064054935825_2549470461306738945_n.jpg

118551634_10157960963753547_8411885170426668085_n.jpg

Tornados are mighty rare here. The last one was in 1976. Some folks are calling this a micro burst but it was sucking things up into the clouds and had rotation. So I'm pretty sure it was a tornado.

It hit my place directly. It was like being in a pressure washer shooting bean sized hail and ice water. I have been in some violent storms but this was the most awesome and violent thing I had ever experienced in my life.

I have already recovered 3 ounces of gold just in my back yard. It was sucking the nuggets up from the desert and they were raining down in the yard with the hailstones.

• wow 3

That is one impressive and scary looking monster, and yea i would lean toward tornado instead of micro burst. Those twisters seem to be showing up more in places they used to not, for instance when living in Flagstaff we had one really do some damage west of town and i have seen trees snapped like toothpicks incredible power enough to make it rain nuggets!

• Like 1

Look Skip, the only way that Bob is going to get through those 'Pearly Gates' is if he stands right below that suction wind he had come through his yard.  He'd better make sure that the thing was not a down draft or else he might wind up digging nuggets from the bottom up.  I know I left myself open for a lot of flack but I'm on a lot of narcotics right now and I'm cruising at 20,000 around Mach 1, I think.     :hide:  

Old Tom

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Old Tom said:

I know I left myself open for a lot of flack but I'm on a lot of narcotics right now and I'm cruising at 20,000 around Mach 1, I think.     :hide:  

Old Tom

Even old guys are known to make mistakes from time to time.  :old:   Matthew 7:1-3

Feel better soon Old Tom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

I demand to see photos of the nuggets!!! :useless:

Hey Skip!

I don't pick up most of the nuggets that fall on my property. Nor the meteorites. It gets my hands dirty and I don't like that. 

The melon patch was destroyed. I had a couple dozen almost ripe Crenshaw melons on some nice vines. The nuggets fell so hard they went right in to those soft, sweet melons. I can't let them go to waste so I'm eating them as fast as I can. 

I have to be careful and not break a tooth on those nuggets. So I wave the slices over the detector as I eat them. Here is what I have recovered so far.

DM200127-e1507586660887.jpg

Maybe this fall when it cools off I'll rake them into a pile and shovel them into the pickup. Im still on light duty after the hernia operation though so for now I'm just focusing on the garden nuggets. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • well done 2

Aww, they look a lot like corn flakes to me Bob.  Are you sure that they didn't get a little soggy inside of the watermelon?  If they are still crunchy after you bit down on them with you're set of choppers then I suppose that we'll have to believe you.    :4chsmu1:

Old Tom 

• well done 1
  • 2 weeks later...