Nugget Shooter Forums

Jade,

Nice pieces!

Yes this would be the best place to post photos of your rock collection, not sure if very many members check out the gallery, but the members interested in rocks will see them here for sure.

• well done 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice!

Edited to add: keep posting! I love seeing what others find. I don’t post much These days because I don’t get out like I used to and my club’s shop is closed due to covid, but if things ever get back to something resembling normal I’ll Be back to posting up stuff I find and stuff I make.

Edited by d_day
  • Like 1
  • well done 1
8 hours ago, Jadee said:

More of my summer finds this year :action-smiley-068[1]:

Note *: In the fourth photo up to the last it is the same agate just taken at all different sides

IMG_1232.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1236.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

Very nice finds. I look forward to more photos. Are those from the Lake Superior area?

• Like 1

Thank you for all the compliments, everyone! :D

Yes, Morlock these are Lake Superiors that I found near where I live.

Bob - I tumbled a batch a long time ago but ended up having some damage done to the basement due to a small flood. It has been a while but as soon as I get my shop up and running again I will be doing more lapidary work: I am still learning about cutting and faceting. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I was taking practice shots indoors with a new camera lens and this agate was one that turned out good. It is called a whorl or hurricane Lake Superior agate for the the way the banding formed:

IMG_1248 best lighting.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jadee said:

I was taking practice shots indoors with a new camera lens and this agate was one that turned out good. It is called a whorl or hurricane Lake Superior agate for the the way the banding formed:

IMG_1248 best lighting.jpg

Nice!!!  Hope you find a lot more... tons more.