Nugget Shooter Forums

Anyone have any suggestions for no metal boots?  

I got some from LA Police Gear in 2013 that are discontinued and disappeared from the back of my truck, and my last set of work boots fell apart after 25 years.

4FBD4B63-ADEB-4005-BD19-D068C158B439.jpeg

D77690D2-4E31-4A86-B868-56A0F8421264.jpeg

7 hours ago, chrisski said:

Anyone have any suggestions for no metal boots?  

I got some from LA Police Gear in 2013 that are discontinued and disappeared from the back of my truck, and my last set of work boots fell apart after 25 years.

That's where I get my non metallic boots at also.  They do have good buys from time to time on discontinued items.  Go back through their inventory again and I'm sure that you'll find something good for yourself.  

That boot in the picture looks like it is laughing at you.  :25r30wi:

Old Tom

• Haha 1

I appreciate the reply.  A few of the links I found on Neggetshooter that lead to boots are no longer valid, but some date back to 2014.  When I search for “No Metal Boots,”. “Metal Free Boots,” and “Non-Metallic,” what is turning up is a non metallic safety toe boot that has what appears to be metal eyelets.  

40 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I appreciate the reply.  A few of the links I found on Neggetshooter that lead to boots are no longer valid, but some date back to 2014.  When I search for “No Metal Boots,”. “Metal Free Boots,” and “Non-Metallic,” what is turning up is a non metallic safety toe boot that has what appears to be metal eyelets.  

You might try search term: metal detecting boots composite eyelets, or something similar: The link below is for a Rockport all composite, no metal construction boot, just as an example. Also, I'm told that Galls.com used to carry them. Didn't check.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fworkingperson.com%2Frockport-works-boots-men-s-waterproof-non-metal-composite-toe-boots-rk6635.html&psig=AOvVaw3DJMqW2qngRWKunpjoqztI&ust=1596749562847000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCNDQ9_aBhesCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAK

• Thanks 1

I had not found that one.  It’s almost exactly what I’m looking for, just want an 8” boot.  That one is all leather which I’m looking for for snake protection and cactus protection to go with the snake guards I wear.

I’m hoping to find some type a forum member has bought recently.  I’d be a bit upset to spend all that money and find a composite toe protected work boot with composite eyelets that can pass through a metal detector at an airport, but boot tacks in them would set off our metal detectors. 

I’m hoping to find an 8” all leather boot.  It seems nearly all the composite boots produced come with some type of cloth like material to allow breathing.  Other than the boots you showed me, if I can’t get a good recommendation it could be Bates GX8s or Bates Cobra boots.  

When I do google searches, does not turn up much.  Did turn up doc’s site and I may get a set listed there and also turned up a bunch of info about what to look for when purchasing boots, but not much in the line of a specific model.

• Like 1

Keen and Vasque are the best value in boots now days. Both offer metal free or mostly metal free construction. 

They are the same company. 2 different brands. I have been using them for about 5 years now and have not been disappointed. 

You can get them at Sportsman's Warehouse and Dicks. 

• Like 2

I wish I had a job like you.... My $350 boots last 2 years.. nowhere close to 25 years.

9 hours ago, LipCa said:

I wish I had a job like you.... My $350 boots last 2 years.. nowhere close to 25 years.

I had a few set of boots and these got a couple hard years of use, and then very sporadic.  I knew they were falling apart, so mostly it was yardwork.  For Years the boot tacks or staples had been poking out, and I've had to get thicker and thicker padded inserts to keep the staples from cutting into my feet.  Also, the leather had started to separate from the sole in four or five places, and that's one of the reasons I took the duct tape out to the claim on the walkaround. 

Because the metal eyelets, staples, and grommets set the metal detector off, these had never been my detecting boots.  Those were a tan set of boots that disappeared out of the back of my truck back in January when I went in to get gas.  I had a connection with the boots and was trying to get some use out of them as long as possible.  The black set in the photo was my first set of jump boots, and the tan set was the last set of jump boots.