Nugget Shooter Forums

Looking for a barter on using a rock crusher

I have rocks with gold in them that I would like to get crushed up so I can get the gold out of them. Willing to barter on terms. I am located in Las Vegas. Here is a sample of one that does have gold in it. 

Allen

ace1mc@gmail.com

54D92F2C-E4DB-4394-B6A2-82C1C76B4724.jpeg

1 hour ago, Allen said:

I have rocks with gold in them that I would like to get crushed up so I can get the gold out of them. Willing to barter on terms. I am located in Las Vegas. Here is a sample of one that does have gold in it. 

Allen

ace1mc@gmail.com

Allen, not trying to discourage you, but you haven't established, or offered any proof that the rocks actually contain gold. Are you proposing that some knowledgeable person on the forum crush the rocks for you and remove any gold, which you will share based upon agreeable terms for the service?

Yes this is only one of the rocks I have. I do not have a gas power rock crusher. I have a hand held crusher coming in a couple days. But with what I have there is a number of rocks. 
mare they all gold I am not sure. I believe that I do have real gold in them. I wish they were all nuggets but did not find those. 

Just beat it down into walnut sized rubble with a hammer. Then pulverize it the best you can using a piece of steel and a hammer. Then pan it out. It is really not that hard to crush a few pounds of rock to pan and you can tell a lot more about what you have.

There are lots of clever ways to beat the small pieces into powder. You can use a mortar and pestle made from an old axle and a hub. Or turn it in a cement mixer with a bunch of nuts and bolts. If you do a bit of research you can find a way that is cheap and "easy". 

There might be someone in your area that has a crusher and is willing to pulverize some for you. But you are better off just hammering it down by hand unless you have a half pickup load or more of rock to run. Either way you are going to have to beat it down into small pieces with a hammer first before you feed it to a crusher. 

• Like 1

When I look at the pic, I see no gold, but I click on it again, I get a high resolution pick where the gold is evident.

I’d be interested to see how this works out for you.

I was recently told you can send ore off to be processed for $1k per ton, and I’m sure if you have a good sized vein, could be worth the effort. If your vein runs that rich, it’ll be worth much more than $1k per ton.  I’m not sure how big a ton of hard rock is, but its somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 buckets of dirt when it comes to dry washing.

Allen, if you were closer I'd say "bring it over and crush it."  I've got both a small 2 x 3 jaw, and an impact crusher.

Jim

On 7/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, Allen said:

Allen

ace1mc@gmail.com

Allen, I’m local in Las Vegas and might be able to help, I just picked up a Little Rock mill off eBay to crush interesting rocks found out metal detecting so I can pan them to see if there’s any gold (not yet). It’s powered by a small angle grinder and will take pieces up to around 2 inches in diameter also have an anvil, hammer and dolly pot to get the pieces down to size for the mill. I don’t know what quantity you have but I’m sure some sample material could be crushed to see if it’s worth going farther?

I can’t promise you any great insight into your rocks or the geology but if you need some help crushing a little to see what you have shoot me a PM.

Clark

• Like 1

I have been looking. If somebody can tell me if I am correct by what is have seen. Once I break the rock up if it has fools gold or mica in the rock. The prosecutor magnet will pick those two types up and gold it will not pick up. Is that correct. 

3 hours ago, Allen said:

... The prosecutor magnet will pick those two types up and gold it will not pick up. Is that correct. 

That's a new device I have not got word of.

Just prick one of the visible gold flecks with a sharp pin and report back what happens.

4 hours ago, Allen said:

I have been looking. If somebody can tell me if I am correct by what is have seen. Once I break the rock up if it has fools gold or mica in the rock. The prosecutor magnet will pick those two types up and gold it will not pick up. Is that correct. 

What in the world is a prosecutor magnet? A magnet that attracts prosecutors? Where was it when I needed it?

Allen, this homemade mortar and pestle works well for small rock testing:

On 7/28/2020 at 8:12 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

A prosecutor magnet will pick up anything in an election year. Then they drop all charges before it goes to court.

I dated a :nutty:lawyer magnet once.  Never do that Bob, just don’t.

Edited by GotAU?
  • Haha 1