Nugget Shooter Forums

For those of you who didnt know him he helped develope the Whites TDI-Years ago I hunted with Reg here and there at Rich hill I even bought a modified american goldstrker from him which really kicked butt wish I still had it-so you see he was modding detectors before the TDI even came about-Reg was a Big wealth of knowledge and a nice guy-he use to contribute here quite often but was chased away for reasons I wont get into-He will be missed-Mike C...:200:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • wow 1

So sorry to hear this.

Reg helped me personally through a long string of emails and phone calls when I was interested in coil building.

He also shared his knowledge directly which enabled me to modify my White's SPP.

RIP Reg.  Thanks for everything.

Luke

• Like 3

RIP Reg, you will be missed.

Some reading on PI detectors that Reg wrote in 2003, it's 2 parts, click on the link at the bottom of the page to go to part 2.

https://nuggetshooter.com/articles/UnderstandingPIdetector.html#:~:text=BY REG SNIFF One of the more popular,or not answered completely about this strange machine.

• Thanks 1

Those of us who own and use a TDI, with Reg's mods, owe him a huge "THANKS!".  He was truly a great engineer, and really nice guy. RIP buddy.

Jim

• Like 1

I remember Reg back in the day a decade or so ago...Spent a good bit of time swapping thoughts with him...Great guy, and I'm sorry to learn he passed...Condolences to his family and friends...Cheers, Unc...

• wow 1

RIP my friend, I really enjoyed working with him and Bill Crabtree when Eric Foster was fine tuning the TDI as a gold detector long ago.

• Like 2

It doesn't take long in human years for EVERYTHING to change in every situation.
Mother Earth is STILL SUPREME COMMANDER of ALL that is and was.
RIP Reg, sorry to hear another long time member of the detecting community is gone.
Life seems to get "thinner" the older one gets.
Hapy Huntn All.

• Like 6

Sorry to hear the news. Wondering now if he is the one who tested out new gold detectors at his nugget patch around the trees. As detectors got deeper the deeper nuggets missed by older models were dug up.

• Like 1

RIP Reg. He was not only a great guy, but he contributed a lot to the detecting community with his knowledge and time. 

• Like 1