Nugget Shooter Forums

All the gold I found since Mid-April

16 hours ago, TomH said:

Glad to hear about the rain! We need rain and chiggers   :) Not to bad down here right now. 88F. Feels kind of cool out. A very mild monsoon so far. But, that can flip on a dime. 

Tom H. 

I don't know about chiggers????  I've never had any issues with them up here,...........You flatlanders down there in Phoenix must have to deal with them !?!,......when it gets real humid and hot up here I've had to deal with thrip, and those peskey, biting flys though.  "Hey", we got a much better rain (and more-like) monsoon rain up here today.  It came in hard and thrashing with lightning, thunder and came down in buckets for about 20-minutes-or-so,.........I was hoping for more of a "Biblical-type" downpour...something along the lines of a constant and consistent 20 inches of rain over a 30-minute period,..that way all this cursed-overburden would be washed down to Phoenix. :4chsmu1: :inocent: Gary

• Like 3

I don't keep track of the months but this was 2 trips from one patch ..scale isn't near by but probably around 7 grams.

20200719_100629.jpg

• Like 11
  • well done 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 6:46 AM, goldrivermike said:

Ok, I’ll post something. I got lucky last month and swung over this specimen in way up Northern California . I dug up a big rock and thought it was a hot rock but then swung back over the hole and the target was still in the hole and I found this. It was only 4” deep and I was using my trusty GPX4000 with the 12”x15” Commander coil.

4DF90500-E8FF-4722-AA39-23D4189E113F.jpeg

Your 'story' is now in the ICMJ issue written by Ray Mills!

• Like 4
On 7/21/2020 at 3:37 AM, Old Tom said:

That cricket has found more gold than the 'Two Toms'.  We haven't been out this year as yet due to other than the heat and virus.  Young Tom is all tied up taking care of his wife who is very ill.  I've been coming back from my own bout with hospitals and cancer.  My back and legs don't work very good anymore and tomorrow I go to the doc to find out about Stem Cell Therapy for my knees.  I sure would like to get out again.  I know there is a big nugget out there just waiting to be picked up and i want to be the one to do it.  The rains are coming and cooler weather is not far away.  Screw the 'Virus'  :-)  

Old Tom       

Old Tom - you still give me hope.  When I'm out hiking at night trying to cheat the sun, I start huffing and puffing, and then remember Old Tom wouldn't stop.  So neither will I.  Too bad your good habits didn't wear off on that crazy son of yours.  Oh well.  Time to have another kid!!

You keep going, Old Tom!

Oh yeah, Luke, …. I typically prefer to watch youtube videos on how to finding gold.  No gold, here.  Noooope.

Andyy

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I guess that you haven't been out in a while either Andy.  It's so hot down here that all I do is go food shopping and put out out the garbage each week.  Come cooler weather watch out man I'm going all in.  I'm feeling a lot better and I start my Stem Cell Therapy for my knees next week.  Sherri, Young Tom's wife, is making a miraculous recovery from her bout with Cancer.  After operations, bone grafts, feeding tubes, Radiation, Chemo etc., etc. She is healed of that dreaded scourge.  Tom took great care of her for all that time and coaxed her along all through it.  He might be a little crazy at times but he makes a heck of a Soul Mate.  I was pretty crazy at his age also.  I guess he learned some of it from me.  We'll get out now as soon as it gets cooler and he gets some free time for himself.  I don't dare go alone as I might just fall in one of those holes that I dig. 

See you out there Andy...........

Old Tom      

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Old Tom said:

I guess that you haven't been out in a while either Andy.  It's so hot down here that all I do is go food shopping and put out out the garbage each week.  Come cooler weather watch out man I'm going all in.  I'm feeling a lot better and I start my Stem Cell Therapy for my knees next week.  Sherri, Young Tom's wife, is making a miraculous recovery from her bout with Cancer.  After operations, bone grafts, feeding tubes, Radiation, Chemo etc., etc. She is healed of that dreaded scourge.  Tom took great care of her for all that time and coaxed her along all through it.  He might be a little crazy at times but he makes a heck of a Soul Mate.  I was pretty crazy at his age also.  I guess he learned some of it from me.  We'll get out now as soon as it gets cooler and he gets some free time for himself.  I don't dare go alone as I might just fall in one of those holes that I dig. 

See you out there Andy...........

Old Tom      

That Stem Cell Therapy is good stuff.  It really is a miracle.  I've seen what it had done for my dad's lungs.  Awesome!!

And you know I'm play'n about that son of yours.  Young Tom has a heart of gold.  It doesn't surprise me one bit.  I am sure Sherri is in good hands.

Hope you see both out there soon!

Andyy

• Like 5
On 8/4/2020 at 8:56 PM, Andyy said:

Time to have another kid!!

I've got one coming in December!

• Like 2
  • well done 2
  • wow 1
5 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I've got one coming in December!

Well at least someone's been productive in 'quarantine'.  :brows:

Congrats Mitchel !!  :oregonian_winesmiley:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
On 8/5/2020 at 7:00 AM, Andyy said:

That Stem Cell Therapy is good stuff.  It really is a miracle.  I've seen what it had done for my dad's lungs.  Awesome!!

And you know I'm play'n about that son of yours.  Young Tom has a heart of gold.  It doesn't surprise me one bit.  I am sure Sherri is in good hands.

Hope you see both out there soon!

Andyy

Andy,

What was the issue with your dad's lungs that the Stem Cell Therapy worked so well to improve his lungs functions?

• Like 2
On 8/7/2020 at 6:10 PM, Au Seeker said:

Andy,

What was the issue with your dad's lungs that the Stem Cell Therapy worked so well to improve his lungs functions?

Well he got pneumonia at one point and later COPD.  Eventually he was on oxygen almost all of the time.  They only gave him a couple years to live since it is a progressive disease.   He researched stem cells and thought he'd give it a shot.  It is fairly expensive.  But 5 years later he is still going.  He still needs oxygen part of the time, but not as much as he used to.  So It seems to have helped some.  If anything, it has definitely stopped it getting worse.  (which isn't supposed to happen)

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Andyy said:

Well he got pneumonia at one point and later COPD.  Eventually he was on oxygen almost all of the time.  They only gave him a couple years to live since it is a progressive disease.   He researched stem cells and thought he'd give it a shot.  It is fairly expensive.  But 5 years later he is still going.  He still needs oxygen part of the time, but not as much as he used to.  So It seems to have helped some.  If anything, it has definitely stopped it getting worse.  (which isn't supposed to happen)

Andy. That is fantastic that it helped your dad so much YES!!!!!!!!:ya:

Tom H. 

• Like 3

Glad to  hear that your dad is responding so well to the Stem Cell Therapy.  I hope it will help me in my case.  I am not a good candidate for knee replacement as my age is 86 now and no one wants to handle my case.  Medicare has opted to cover Stem Cell Therapy now within the last couple of months.  Previously it was too expensive to consider and the steroid shots were working well.  Now they don't work at all so here I go on the other option.  One other thing I considered very closely was that stem cells are gathered from umbilical cords of fetuses'.  I told the Doc that if they came from aborted fetuses' that I would not participate in a program of that sort.  He assured me that it is not the case and he would not be in it either if that were the case.  I go in for the shots on Wednesday, 'oh happy day'!  

Old Tom     

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

1.jpeg

7.jpeg

Some of this year's summer gold: 1.5 ounces of gold from detecting, haven't been able to get out too much this summer due to CO-Vid restrictions.

All the best to those of you that chase that sassy gold,

Lanny

Edited by Lanny in AB
  • Like 1
  • well done 1