Nugget Shooter Forums
DOC

Yeah, that's right! 50 years!

So I sort of got a kick out of Mike Furness a couple of outings ago when he asked me, "So Doc, are you divorced?"  I laughed and told him, "No far from it."  But my wife Diana, has no interest in Gold Prospecting but she has never stood in my way to let me go out and look for the shiny.  She knows I love this hobby.

So anyway, just to update everyone on my marital status in case you were wondering.  June 20th, my wife and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary.  I started dating her when she was 16, and married her a month after she turned 18.

All our kids and grand children came over and fixed us a big meal on Sunday, along with a beautiful cake.  We got gift cards, and a certificate for us all to have a family portrait when it gets cooler.

I got the ol' girl a brand new car for our anniversary, a Telluride.

I know this is personal stuff but all you guys are my extended family.  So Mike, NO I AM NOT DIVORCED.  LOL

Doc and Diana

Diana and I wedding.jpgGreg and Diana 50.jpgNew Car anniversary.jpgCut Cake.jpgCake.jpg20191225_104434.jpg

Lemon Chicken.jpg

• Like 13
  • well done 6

Congrats on 50 years Doc !!   :oregonian_winesmiley:

:)

• Like 1

Well done bro.  A fine looking family Doc, may you have many more years to go with them.  Got you beat by a little,  64 years with my bride and still going.  

Old Tom     

• Like 5
  • well done 1
  • wow 1

congrats on 50 years together Doc

Congrats to you and your wife Doc. :) Not many can say they were married for 50 yrs these days. :ya:

2 more years and we hit 40....holy cow! 

Tom H. 

• Like 3
  • well done 2

A man's success has a lot to do with the kind of woman he chooses to have in his life! You got yourself a good one for letting you go detecting to become one of the best teachers in the industry and the manufacture of the best products made for all of us gold detectors. Sincere congratulations Doc! -Mike Gibson

• Like 1

Happy 50th to you and your wife Doc...looks like you have a wonderful family ....

Dave

Congrats to You and your bride , the years have treated you and your family well. I remember you well from my LV days when you were in the storage place. 

My bride and I are starting on our 59 year.

• Like 4

Congrats and great family Doc!

Congratulations Doc! 50 years is a true accomplishment these days. And that pretty wife of yours must be a saint to put up with you! :rolleyes::inocent::):old: Oh ... and BTW ... Thanks for the clarification! LOL!

• Haha 1

Congrats Doc and many more to enjoy.

Posted (edited)

Congratulations sir to you and your wife on your 50th anniversary.

Edited by AllenJ

Congrats!!!  My wife(37yrs together) is the same way on all my outdoor interests. . . as long as I come home safe. 

Again Doc and Diana, Congratulations on a great milestone in your life's together.  Beautiful family. . .

• Like 2

Very inspirational to see Doc, I too am blessed with a wife who supports my love of getting out and hunting. Congratulations to both of you

and to your beautiful family.

• Like 1