Nugget Shooter Forums
Bedrock Bob

Black Lights Matter

1 hour ago, TomH said:

Bob: Maybe once you feel better you could ask her for the recipe for the graphite paint? or what it is if she buys it.  I have tried making some in the past but was not successful. 

I have been using a silver based conductive paint for a couple of customers fiberglass or 3D printed parts that works fantastic, but, its 300 bucks for 8 oz. (they buy it...not me)

Tom

Here is what she says...

This is the good stuff.

received_586784558531253.jpeg

This is what she uses for everything else.

received_922777534869296.jpeg

She tells me graphite and India ink for detailed surfaces that don't need sealing. Graphite and white glue for wood and porous material. Graphite and naphtha for plastics works good. But she prefers the pre mixed formula for all her work. She does a lot of stone setting and rings.  Medallions and such. Not so much plating but electroforming. 

I think that spray is probably just graphite and naphtha from the looks of it. But that is just an assumption.

Here is a link to the Safer Solutions copper paint.

https://www.safer-solutions.com/safer-solutions.com/US_Sales.html

And I found the spray lube on Amazon. I bet you can get it at the auto parts store.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Graphite-Lube-Aerosol-Black/dp/B007I9XUD0

Hope that helps. It is all new to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As one gets older surgery is for the birds.  I've had more than my share and still going.  Opted out for knee replacement and going in for Stem Cell Therapy.  Let you know in a few months just how it all works out.  Good luck on your surgery tomorrow and will remember you in prayer tonight.  Getting old sucks too.  

Old Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Old Tom said:

As one gets older surgery is for the birds.  I've had more than my share and still going.  Opted out for knee replacement and going in for Stem Cell Therapy.  Let you know in a few months just how it all works out.  Good luck on your surgery tomorrow and will remember you in prayer tonight.  Getting old sucks too.  

Old Tom

I hear they can grow a hernia patch using stem cells too. I would much rather grow one than have another wad of garbage sewn in there.

I thought I could live with it for a while. But I cant. If I use much muscle I can feel it tearing. The bulge isn't that big. Only about the size of your thumb. But the surgeon says the way I go at it it will just give me problems and get bigger. 

Between my back and my hernia it has really slowed me down. My back got 80% better when the wad of mesh was removed. It bothers me but it is not nearly as bad as it was. If I can get this hole in my side fixed it will be a releif.

It started out down in the usual spot for a hernia. But the plug came out and drifted up a couple inches. That was removed. Now it is torn above that. Almost up to my hip bone. So at least it isnt low down there around the goodies. It is almost up under my belt line now. So there is less pressure and I'm hoping it will finally heal up solid enough to pack and shovel again. 

I appreciate those prayers Tom. I honestly do.

• Like 1

That helps a lot Bob.Thanks!
Tom H.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 5:09 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

Here is what she says...

This is the good stuff.

received_586784558531253.jpeg

This is what she uses for everything else.

received_922777534869296.jpeg

She tells me graphite and India ink for detailed surfaces that don't need sealing. Graphite and white glue for wood and porous material. Graphite and naphtha for plastics works good. But she prefers the pre mixed formula for all her work. She does a lot of stone setting and rings.  Medallions and such. Not so much plating but electroforming. 

I think that spray is probably just graphite and naphtha from the looks of it. But that is just an assumption.

Here is a link to the Safer Solutions copper paint.

https://www.safer-solutions.com/safer-solutions.com/US_Sales.html

And I found the spray lube on Amazon. I bet you can get it at the auto parts store.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Graphite-Lube-Aerosol-Black/dp/B007I9XUD0

Hope that helps. It is all new to me. 

Hey Bob,... Does she do lapidary work, and if so, does she use authentic turquoise in her stone settings and rings????  I have some Old Kingman Arizona Turquoise nuggets from out of the mines around that area that I may be interested in selling if she is a buyer.  Here is a picture of a couple that I have listed on ebay.  Gary

SAM_2389.JPG

SAM_2378.JPG

SAM_2322.JPG

SAM_2317.JPG

• well done 1

How did your surgery go Bob? Hopefully they patched you up better this time!

I've been putting off going in for the same thing. Mine is the size of a baseball and almost as round.

The scorpion came out really great. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Here is one of the scorpions completed.

20200804_150439.jpg

Ok, that is super cool! You got me working on something now....Will post some pics. Got a few ideas to help her out so the pointed ends are not so blobby.

Tom H.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sonoran Dave said:

I've been putting off going in for the same thing. Mine is the size of a baseball and almost as round.

I had an inguinal hernia repaired in '96 with  polyester mesh.

No problems since.

Dave,,  Keep that baseball trussed up so it 's not popped out so far , or it will turn black and fall off:old:.

:duc:Who'ld thought that hernias and scorpions would mesh well into a thread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonoran Dave said:

How did your surgery go Bob? Hopefully they patched you up better this time!

Get that rascal fixed Dave! The operation sucks but it is worth it.

I had three operations on the same side so far. The first was a screw up by the surgeon. The second 11 years later to remove the mesh that was wadded up. Then I got a hernia above the surgical scar from the removal. The last time was laparoscopic from the inside.

It has been ten days and i feel pretty good. Im restricted to 35 lbs. But that is unconstitutional so I am already wrestling cobbles as big as volkswagens. 

Honestly im just kidding. I'm taking it really easy. I'm walking good and just have a little pain down there. Im not lifting anything heavier than my 8.5lb. Air rifle. I will be on 35 lb. Restriction for another month. 

If the hernia is round it can get trapped. That is bad news. I had a buddy that got an entrapped hernia while on a mule trip in the wilderness and he almost died. So it is no joke. Especially if you are a bit adventuresome. 

Everyone has a hernia sooner or later. And the surgeons are good at it. 

I am going to have another one down low on the right side soon. I can feel it. As soon as it gets a lump im going back to my Jamaican cowboy and have him do some more cuttin'. I was scared as hell after that first horror show 11 years ago. But I have confidence now and won't hesitate to get it fixed when it starts popping out. 

So my advice is to go and get it done. I spent a while deciding and talked to a few surgeons before I did it. But I'm glad that I did. The guy that I went to digs bullets out of gangbangers and puts people back together after car wrecks so he has the right no BS attitude. So that helps the confidence level a lot for me.

• Like 3

That surgeon sure is operating on the right guy................:thumbsupanim 

Old Tom

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomH said:

Ok, that is super cool! You got me working on something now....Will post some pics. Got a few ideas to help her out so the pointed ends are not so blobby.

Tom H.

She did two. Side by side in her tank. 

The other one is wild. I like it a lot though. The knobby metal creates an awesome texture.

20200804_213152.jpg

A buddy of mine just got his tank set up. So any tips you might have are appreciated.

Im fascinated with it. I have a bunch of vinegaroons and scorpions that I want to mount and plate sooner or later. 

• Like 1