Nugget Shooter Forums

How to Use a Parabolic Lunar Collector to Air Condition Your Home

Parabolic Lunar Collector

One of the greatest kept secrets from modern society, which has been known for centuries, is that the light shining down from the Moon is actually cold. That is why on cold winter nights it is colder when the Moon is shining on the snow than when it is cloudy or when the Moon is not shining. The Moon’s higher path in the sky is one of several reasons as to why the polar regions are colder than the tropics. The advantage of cold Moonlight is that it is a tremendous source of useful cold energy. I have actually figured out a way to practically use this cold moonlight to air condition my home.

The Parabolic Lunar Collectors that I constructed and carefully configured to always be shining on my home when the Moon is above the horizon have tremendously cooled my living space and greatly reduced my electric bills. I discovered that you can use the Parabolic Lunar Collector to directly counter the heat coming from when the Sun is shining.

I started by purchasing sets of six parabolic mirror panels from a reputable dealer for each lunar collector. I repurposed two computer guided telescope stands to hold the mirrors. Then I carefully placed the mirror panels in a lunar flower blossom arrangement on the stands. I used a set of six parabolic triangular shaped mirrors in a flower petal array. Each mirror is 30 inches on a side and light weight. The entire Parabolic Lunar mirror assembly is seven and a half feet across. Using a light source I was able to precisely focus each of the mirrors working together onto a wall target for calibration. I use a store bought computerized tracking program that guides the motor on the Parabolic Lunar Collector main drive to follows the Moon through the sky and shine it directly into my home. The Moon is actually above the horizon as much in the daytime as it is at night. It took a lot of practice to figure out how to best shine the cold Moonlight onto my home in such a way that it provided the optimal chilling effect into my living quarters.

The benefits have been immediate and significant. The inside of my home is actually chilling. The cold lasts for hours before it dissipates, even after the Moon has set.

Parabolic Lunar Collector.png

Home front 2.png

Parabolic Lunar Collector cooling the front of the house

It took a bit of tweaking to determine the best placement of the Lunar light. I have found shining directly into the bay windows had by far the greatest air conditioning effect. I have since build several more and set them up to strike both floors and different portions of the house.

Parabolic Lunar Collector 2.jpg

Parabolic Lunar Collector 2

Home back.png

Parabolic Lunar Collector cooling the back of the house

I live in Gilbert, Arizona a suburb of Phoenix where the temperature is above 100 degrees on average over 130 days a year. This April we had 15 days above 100 degrees and in May we had 21 days above 100 with several days reaching 110 to 112 degrees. Now the endless 110 degree days are here, yet my electric bills in my two story 3,500 square foot home are practically nothing. I have actually met the meter man on two occasions. He told me that of all the occupied homes in Gilbert mine is by far the lowest in a town of 300,000 residents. As proof I have included my real last two bills to show you that these are really my average bills and are not a fluke. My neighbor who has the precise floor plan and square footage of my home had a bill of over $900 last July. Admittedly he has 12 kids, but my family’s bill last July was only $107.

April 2020 electic bill.jpg May 2020 electric bill.jpg

$52.58 April electric bill and $58.14 May electric bill

What I really love about the Parabolic Lunar Collector is that it is totally non polluting green energy and practically free to produce.

I'm thinking about installing an ice skating rink for the back yard next.

Cheers!

billpeters

Edited by billpeters
  • Haha 1
  • well done 2
  • wow 1

Very cool. I love sciencey things.

What do you do with the moon(s) you catch? Seems like they might have a commercial value - being rare and all.

Also with the laws of conservation of energy doesn't the energy exchange wind up with lunar heating? Is the moon going to catch fire if everyone does this? (also cool)

• Like 2

Since the moon reflects sunlight I've often wondered why vampires don't get killed by moonlight.

• Like 3
  • Hmmmmmm 1

I live in the same area of AZ, With the same size house, also two stories, and my power bill is 5 times yours!! Those parabolic reflectors are amazing?  Will you commercially produce these?

• Like 1

I build fires in the summer and freeze them with moonlight. Then thaw them in the winter to heat my home. 

You have to wear thick gloves when handling the frozen flames because they are very sharp on the edges and will cut you if you are not careful.

• Haha 2

If you need help marketing I have a friend who ran a dehydrated water business in college, I'll put you two in touch.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, billpeters said:

One of the greatest kept secrets from modern society, which has been known for centuries, is that the light shining down from the Moon is actually cold. That is why on cold winter nights it is colder when the Moon is shining on the snow than when it is cloudy or when the Moon is not shining. The Moon’s higher path in the sky is one of several reasons as to why the polar regions are colder than the tropics. The advantage of cold Moonlight is that it is a tremendous source of useful cold energy. I have actually figured out a way to practically use this cold moonlight to air condition my home.

The Parabolic Lunar Collectors that I constructed and carefully configured to always be shining on my home when the Moon is above the horizon have tremendously cooled my living space and greatly reduced my electric bills. I discovered that you can use the Parabolic Lunar Collector to directly counter the heat coming from when the Sun is shining.

I started by purchasing sets of six parabolic mirror panels from a reputable dealer for each lunar collector. I repurposed two computer guided telescope stands to hold the mirrors. Then I carefully placed the mirror panels in a lunar flower blossom arrangement on the stands. I used a set of six parabolic triangular shaped mirrors in a flower petal array. Each mirror is 30 inches on a side and light weight. The entire Parabolic Lunar mirror assembly is seven and a half feet across. Using a light source I was able to precisely focus each of the mirrors working together onto a wall target for calibration. I use a store bought computerized tracking program that guides the motor on the Parabolic Lunar Collector main drive to follows the Moon through the sky and shine it directly into my home. The Moon is actually above the horizon as much in the daytime as it is at night. It took a lot of practice to figure out how to best shine the cold Moonlight onto my home in such a way that it provided the optimal chilling effect into my living quarters.

The benefits have been immediate and significant. The inside of my home is actually chilling. The cold lasts for hours before it dissipates, even after the Moon has set.

Parabolic Lunar Collector.png

Home front 2.png

Parabolic Lunar Collector cooling the front of the house

It took a bit of tweaking to determine the best placement of the Lunar light. I have found shining directly into the bay windows had by far the greatest air conditioning effect. I have since build several more and set them up to strike both floors and different portions of the house.

Parabolic Lunar Collector 2.jpg

Parabolic Lunar Collector 2

Home back.png

Parabolic Lunar Collector cooling the back of the house

I live in Gilbert, Arizona a suburb of Phoenix where the temperature is above 100 degrees on average over 130 days a year. This April we had 15 days above 100 degrees and in May we had 21 days above 100 with several days reaching 110 to 112 degrees. Now the endless 110 degree days are here, yet my electric bills in my two story 3,500 square foot home are practically nothing. I have actually met the meter man on two occasions. He told me that of all the occupied homes in Gilbert mine is by far the lowest in a town of 300,000 residents. As proof I have included my real last two bills to show you that these are really my average bills and are not a fluke. My neighbor who has the precise floor plan and square footage of my home had a bill of over $900 last July. Admittedly he has 12 kids, but my family’s bill last July was only $107.

April 2020 electic bill.jpg May 2020 electric bill.jpg

$52.58 April electric bill and $58.14 May electric bill

What I really love about the Parabolic Lunar Collector is that it is totally non polluting green energy and practically free to produce.

I'm thinking about installing an ice skating rink for the back yard next.

Cheers!

billpeters

So cheese actually reflects light?

Posted (edited)

Beeper,

It's as simple as aiming a telescope at two different objects in different parts of the sky. The Moon is only near the Sun one day a month. The Sun's light only glances off the reflectors and doesn't hit the house.  I have my system program set to turn off when the Moon is within 15 degrees of the Sun just in case.

Be cool!

billpeters

Edited by billpeters
  • well done 2

I watch the moon a lot through my telescope, hoping to witness lunar meteorite impacts and grazing lunar occultations, but have never noticed this affect.  If I ever do, I will be sure to get one of those cosmetic hot gel eye masks just in case!

Edited by GotAU?
3 hours ago, Morlock said:

So cheese actually reflects light?

That is just an old wives tale Morlock.

Everyone knows the moon is made of exploding sandstone.

:)

• wow 1
10 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Cheesy, Bob.  The sandstone, like from the moon, cheesy sandstone, because it’s made of it...right?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

I watch the moon a lot through my telescope, hoping to witness lunar meteorite impacts and grazing lunar occultations, and have never noticed this effect.  But if I ever do, I will be sure to get one of those cosmetic hot gel eye masks Gel Eye Mask with Eye Holes- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1VLB8F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wNq9EbPQR2WR8. just in case!

Most telescopes have a vacuum between the lenses. That keeps the cold lunar lunar light from icing your eyeballs over when looking at the moon. 

If you look at the moon long enough with a reflector telescope it will freeze the air above the mirror and cause it to fog up. 

Even a dewdrop on a full moon night can freeze spots on the leaves in the garden. That is especially true in the early fall when there are many lunar flares.

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1
22 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I always thought the moon was made of lunar meteorites in cheese sauce or is that just on the dark side?  :idunno:

• Haha 4
24 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Cheesy, Bob.  The sandstone, like from the moon, cheesy sandstone, because it’s made of it...right?

"Cheesy Lunar"

That has a nice ring to it. Like a flavor of tortilla chips. Cheesy Lunar Doritos.

Actually it was exploding Martian sandstone. Not lunar. Wrong differentiated body. So my bad.

It is an interesting concept to add taste into the ID process. Maybe we should tell people to rub it under the toilet tank lid and then taste the streak?

If it leaves a tan streak and tastes like cheese it is likely a lunar.

• Haha 3

Oh gosh, I am so relieved.  I just realized something- I though my recent weight gain was due to sitting around and eating more cheesy puffs a lot more lately, but it’s actually due to those cheesy lunar meteorites.  For each one that strikes the Earth results in an  increase of its mass, thus more gravity and more weight for me.  I really am not getting fat!:D

• Haha 1

This has nothing to do with gold prospecting or Meteorites , you guys must really be BORED ???             One month trommel clean up.

TROMMELCLEANUP - Edited (1).jpg

Edited by Gilaoro
Edit Pic
  • Like 1
  • wow 1
1 hour ago, Gilaoro said:

This has nothing to do with gold prospecting or Meteorites , you guys must really be BORED ???             One month trommel clean up.

TROMMELCLEANUP - Edited (1).jpg

Can’t see that photo very well, is that farofa? I’m hungry!  

Edited by GotAU?

Sorry for the picture quality If I could do it over again I certainly would be this was about 1983 0r 4 and I didn't have a digital camera for sure. This picture is the results of a 1 month clean up of a trammel operation working on my friends ranch in El Alamo in Baja. It was working  ground in a river area that the owners at the time 1872 or so did not let anyone even the Chinese work. It was forgotten over the years and much hard rock mining went on with tailing  piles covering  a lot of it.  I was not part of this operation so was asked by both party's to be a whatever you call it , referee was the term used at the time The picture was taken on the land owner's kitchen table where they were graded by size. The owner's wife wanted the nuggets but had to grant the other s a premium for taking them. I got nothing and wanted nothing for any help I might have been to either of them. As a matter of interest the wife was a well educated  business owner as well as a large ranch owner. They had let my wife and I camp , dredge, metal detect, dig quartz crystals on their lands which consisted of 1000,s of  acres. The husband was a wild riding cowboy who loved the brush busting ranch life while his wife managed their hotel and other stuff in Ensenada. To follow upon this gold the wife went to a christmas party in Ensenada , she had the gold in her purse and put it in a bedroom at the party ! Sure ,it disappeared ! They later divorced and I lost track of them.I moved my  rig to the west coast to run a pay to dig operation which is a story in itself and was there was GOLD. Pictures are the tromel operation and tELALAMO - Edited.jpghe gold.

TROMMELCLEANUP - Edited.jpg

• Like 2
  • well done 1
  • wow 1

And now you will be returned to your regularly scheduled lunar program.