Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi every one. I've found a rock with queer appearance and some properties.It hase very weak absorption. The density is about 2.7. It looks that has layer like fusion crust with regmaglypts on the surface. So i sent it for Xrf test; Results are attached. Plus, i've attached two images for comparison between my rock (left) and some meteorites (right). Some say it would be amygdaloidal! But i'm not sure. Plz help me for better and certain recogniseIMG_20200610_WA0003.jpgIMG_20200610_WA0002.jpgIMG_20200610_WA0001.jpgIMG_20200610_WA0000.jpg001_2_.jpg002_1_.jpg

Those are not regmaglypts on your stone.  There is no indication of fusion crust.  It looks like a rock you would find on the beach.

• Like 2

Yes your rock looks water worn. Notice how the white clasts are rounded in your rock, but you can see angular pieces in the lunar. 

8 hours ago, hardtimehermit said:

Yes your rock looks water worn. Notice how the white clasts are rounded in your rock, but you can see angular pieces in the lunar. 

So, is there any chance of being meteorite? 

Welcome to the forum Fara kayy. We love newbies.

Unfortunately, there is no chance of your rock being a meteorite.  Everyone of us had been there.  I have a mountain of meteor-wrongs.  The Meteoritical Center at Arizona State University in the old days examined over 1000 personally found rocks people were convinced were meteorites, but on average 999 were just meteor-wrongs.

Keep looking down. They're out there.

billpeters

• Like 1
6 hours ago, billpeters said:

Welcome to the forum Fara kayy. We love newbies.

Unfortunately, there is no chance of your rock being a meteorite.  Everyone of us had been there.  I have a mountain of meteor-wrongs.  The Meteoritical Center at Arizona State University in the old days examined over 1000 personally found rocks people were convinced were meteorites, but on average 999 were just meteor-wrongs.

Keep looking down. They're out there.

billpeters

Thanks man!