Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually met Forest Fenn when I lived in Glorieta. There is a fellow there who is a collector of military weapons. He has a VERY extensive collection of guns. It is a private "museum" that is o

Maybe Fenn doesn't even exist. Maybe he is actually an alien from outer space here to observe. Or maybe space aliens took over Fenn's body. Or maybe a lizard man from the sixth dimension. Maybe h

There's always something to find. 😃

Posted Images

Ha cool!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know,
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

Look for more information and photos in the coming days” - Forrest

https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If true he better be lawyered up preparing for all the counter claims.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had thought the treasure was found years ago by someone who had not come forward and kept it for himself.

I had thought it was hid in Idaho.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Counter claims? There is always counter claims about found treasures . At the very least he had better be prepared to file an amended tax return ,no? Of course he can claim his expenses for the search? If he has records. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I had thought the treasure was found years ago by someone who had not come forward and kept it for himself.

I had thought it was hid in Idaho.

No its hidden here under this Spanish treasure marker!

GEOLOGICALFEATURE.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gilaoro said:

If true he better be lawyered up preparing for all the counter claims.

I'd say he (or she) better be strapped up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would make an interesting topic if everyone interested would post their actions if they had found it !

I can think of many actions , none of them probably practical  bur what would you personally do? :shhhhh:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gilaoro said:

It would make an interesting topic if everyone interested would post their actions if they had found it !

I can think of many actions , none of them probably practical  bur what would you personally do? :shhhhh:

I'd keep my mouth shut.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought it was near Pilar or Embudo New Mexico. Just below the Rio Grande box in Rio Arriba County. 

I never searched for the treasure but that is where I think the clues pointed. 

Maybe we will find out where it was hidden. Lots of people would love to know how close they came to finding it.  

It would not change my way of living much. I think I would take a few things that I liked and re-hide the rest. Maybe write another set of clues and have another treasure hunt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know,
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

Look for more information and photos in the coming days” - Forrest

https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/

I like his biopic introspection and expressive poetry. Wouldn't be surprised if the motivational emphasis in his mind was the sharing of the thrill of the hunt with others.  That rings true to me more so than his explanation about "giving people hope". Also wouldn't be surprised if he actually was involved in setting up the recovery. More to this than meets the eye perhaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, BMc said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the motivational emphasis in his mind was the sharing of the thrill of the hunt with others. 

Very intuitive. :old:

Maybe that is why the title is "The Thrill of the Chase"? 

:arrowheadsmiley:

 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Added whimsical emoticons.
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gilaoro said:

No its hidden here under this Spanish treasure marker!

GEOLOGICALFEATURE.jpeg

Oh, I thought this was a monument depicting Shakespeare and a mini-Grandpa Munster.  :89:

:arrowheadsmiley:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Gilaoro said:

 

GEOLOGICALFEATURE.jpeg

It is obvious that the skilled Spanish masons that carved this rock had no idea what a poodle looks like.

  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gilaoro said:

Counter claims? There is always counter claims about found treasures . At the very least he had better be prepared to file an amended tax return ,no? Of course he can claim his expenses for the search? If he has records. 

He can avoid all those issues if he keeps his mouth shut. I certainly wouldn't go around bragging about it knowing the consequences.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

"Forrest Fenn was an art, antique dealer and author from Santa Fe, New Mexico, and before the treasure hunt, Fenn conflicted with authorities over Federal antiquities law. FBI agents raided his home in 2009 as part of an investigation into artifact looting in the Four Corners area and seized items, but he was not charged. Two people targeted in the case committed suicide, and Fenn has blamed the FBI for their deaths"

Fenn's gallery sold a variety of American Indian artifacts, paintings, bronze sculptures, and other art, including forged copies of works by Modigliani, Monet, Degas, and other artists. The gallery reportedly grossed $6 million a year"

We all tend to look at this story from different perspectives, depending upon our own background and experience. The fact that Fenn was an art and antique dealer tends to place him in a special category of "believably" in my experience as a Fraud Investigator. Fenn, being Irish, might share a figurative genetic connection to Darby o'gill, and have story telling in his DNA.

But I wonder what kind of story a reliable polygraph might tell? And I would love to know what his insurance claim history looks like.

 

  • wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob's got the right idea, i would take a bit from the chest, but maybe put some more in it and start the treasure hunt all over. :cowboypistol:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to hide the treasure chest again I think I would bury it to a depth of 12 inches and leave a DNA sample at about 4 inches. 

 

:laught16:

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10/17/2018

"A Pennsylvania man arrested for burglarizing Forrest Fenn's New Mexico house told police he believed the famed art and antiquities collector's treasure would be there. Robert Miller, of Pine Grove, Pennsylvania, was arrested Friday and charged with residential burglary, breaking and entering and criminal damage to property after he used an ax to break into Fenn's Old Santa Fe Trail home.

Miller told a Santa Fe police officer that he flew to Santa Fe because he believed the treasure chest that Fenn says he's stashed somewhere in the Rocky Mountain region, said to be filled with gold coins and other valuables worth more than $1 million, was at the house"

Maybe Fenn wisely decided to try and avoid further incidents of this nature . . .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he never hid any treasure. Maybe he just used the "hunt" for publicity. People have been known to do things like that. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Fenn doesn't even exist. Maybe he is actually an alien from outer space here to observe. Or maybe space aliens took over Fenn's body. Or maybe a lizard man from the sixth dimension.

Maybe he is a double agent for the CIA working on a top secret project involving espionage and intrigue. He could actually be an international man of mystery! Maybe he is Russian. Or Chinese. Or ANTIFA.

Or maybe he is just a rich guy in Santa Fe who hid a treasure and had an awesome treasure hunt.

:idunno:

  • Like 2
  • Hmmmmmm 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...