Nugget Shooter Forums

Posted (edited)

The last nugget I found was west of Jungo, NV. It was on BLM land blanket claimed by Hycroft/Allied. I don't know the current situation but when I found this nugget Hycroft/Allied had no problem with people metal detecting on their claims as long as they were not being actively worked. 
There were quite a few old dig holes in the area where I found this beauty but fortunately for me the previous beepers missed this one. It was just under 1/2 oz and it looked way better than these photos indicate. 
Good luck out there!

nugget3.jpg

jungo.jpg

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 13
  • well done 3

There is a lot of information (research sources) for people wanting to prospect for gold in Nevada. 

Chris Ralph's web site is one....

https://nevada-outback-gems.com/

and another is 

http://minerals.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/mineralsnvgov/content/Programs/Mining/MiningForms/mm2017_Major_Mines_all.pdf 

I remember when you first posted that nugget Slim. Absolutely amazing chunk. Jungo and the surrounding  areas have some amazing gold. I love hunting out there. 

Great nug Slim!!

• Thanks 1

Boy that's a beauty !!  :thumbsupanim

Keep em' coming.  :black_knight_standing::head:    :Diggin_a_hole:    :yesss:

WTG Slim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, frank c said:

That nug looks ALOT healthier than that tire you were riding on ! :laught16:
Nice one Chris.

There is a lot more tread on that nugget than on the tires for sure!

I can relate.

In New Mexico we have more tread on the tires on our roof than on the pickup truck we are working on in the yard.

:laught16:

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, frank c said:

That nug looks ALOT healthier than that tire you were riding on ! :laught16:
Nice one Chris.

That was the spare on the back of the Sammy Frank, and I always had 2 spares when I was out there. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

Slim that is a beauty. Did it make a big noise when you went over it? And, what was your first thought when you heard it?

Yep. Big noise. Very sweet. I knew immediately it was a good sized piece of gold. 

• Like 1

Well I was going to comment before on the super nugget and the poor looking tire, but I have been in worse places with tires that look like that and always had spares or repairs . But for I would drive on rims for a nugget like that. :thumbsupanim

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Gilaoro said:

Well I was going to comment before on the super nugget and the poor looking tire, but I have been in worse places with tires that look like that and always had spares or repairs . But for I would drive on rims for a nugget like that. :thumbsupanim

Spares, tire plugs & tools. Don't leave home without 'em.

• Like 1

Slim showed me where he found the nugget.  He was not holding back.  We searched the area together but we couldn't find any others.

I had just gotten my 7000 and on the way out Jungo Road to meet up with Slim I got a flat because I had bad tires on my Trooper.  I changed it and we hunted for the day and then I went in to Lovelock for a new tire.  I ended up buying a set (undersized) for about $1000 and went back out but didn't find any there but a couple of nuggets in Rye Patch.  I don't have the Trooper any more but I've got a set of tires that will fit a Jeep if someone wants to buy them.  They have about $10,000 miles on them.

One 'regret' that I have is that Slim wanted to sell me that nugget.  I liked it but at the time I said I only wanted gold that I had found.  If I had it to do over again I'd make an exception for this Jungo Nugget.

Slim, didn't you find a nugget in Franconia?

Mitchel

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Slim showed me where he found the nugget.  He was not holding back.  We searched the area together but we couldn't find any others.

I had just gotten my 7000 and on the way out Jungo Road to meet up with Slim I got a flat because I had bad tires on my Trooper.  I changed it and we hunted for the day and then I went in to Lovelock for a new tire.  I ended up buying a set (undersized) for about $1000 and went back out but didn't find any there but a couple of nuggets in Rye Patch.  I don't have the Trooper any more but I've got a set of tires that will fit a Jeep if someone wants to buy them.  They have about $10,000 miles on them.

One 'regret' that I have is that Slim wanted to sell me that nugget.  I liked it but at the time I said I only wanted gold that I had found.  If I had it to do over again I'd make an exception for this Jungo Nugget.

Slim, didn't you find a nugget in Franconia?

Mitchel

I vividly remember our Jungo hunt Mitchel. I think there could be some potential there, below that spot. Then again Montana Bob Dansie always said "Gold doesn't go far in the desert."
I did find a nugget at Franconia but it was nothing like the one you found. Gold in that part of the desert has moved a LONG way.

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1